Recording airsoft

MiloXC3
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been thinking about recording some airsoft by attaching my digital camera to myself or my webbing, weapon or helmet. Any suggestions on how to attach it?

I know a lot of you will be thinking "Get a GoPro HD!" I know they're amazing but I don't really want to spend the money on one so any suggestions on where to put the camera and how to put it on?

I have PLCE webbing and my helmet has rings for putting in leaves and stuff for camo.

Oh and I got a Gorilla Pod the other day because it was cheap and I wanted to see how it performed, but not grippy enough for airsoft.

Thanks!

What type of camera is it?

###### loads of tape or just hold it?

Please also be aware a BB could go smash the lens and you should ask your site first :)

This is why I'm using my camera where the lense is inside the camera and doesn't stick out. It's a FujiFilm FinePix Z70. Didn't want to use an SLR or a digital camera where the lense sticks out. :) If I hold it I couldn't really shoot. ;)

I use a headcam. You can buy ones with straps which go around the helmet, or if you have some fancy special forces helmet like I do you can use the rails on the side :P

I have a few headtorches like this, I could see if I could remove the torch and put on the camera with some double sided tape or something.

fair enough ;) Im plannig on doing some more videos soon:

the videos to go with the tricks of the trade guides

a video showing me and my team training (maybe)

some more footage at AWA woodland site

A video at the tunnels CQB site

Im going to use a headcam and a video camera. If you want any help with your videos just PM me ;) It might also be a good idea to use an editor after you do your vid as I find that usualy makes them more interesting (stuff like an intro, credits, voiceover and music) :D

fair enough ;) Im plannig on doing some more videos soon:

the videos to go with the tricks of the trade guides

a video showing me and my team training (maybe)

some more footage at AWA woodland site

A video at the tunnels CQB site

Im going to use a headcam and a video camera. If you want any help with your videos just PM me ;) It might also be a good idea to use an editor after you do your vid as I find that usualy makes them more interesting (stuff like an intro, credits, voiceover and music) :D

Yeah I was going to edit and put other stuff in. I'm good with editing. Thanks for the help.

• Supporters
I usually skirmish at UCAP(Up Close And Personal). The name kinda suggests what I play. ;) Always in combat.

Is that the one in the tunnels ?

Would be handy if you had a flashlight or Night vision for the camera

Is that the one in the tunnels ?

Would be handy if you had a flashlight or Night vision for the camera

Yeah it is, in Pourtsmouth. I go to Combat South too but mostly UCAP. I'm using the flash light on the camera and I'll see how it goes. :)

haha Im filming in the tunnels too! Different ones though I go to the ones in Epson. Looking foward to seeing the vid :)

Aha, look forward to seeing yours too or are you not uploading it? :)

I will be uploading it but might be a while since the tunnels are on a wednesday night and I have school. Might release a video next weekend of me and my team training though

I've got exams and stuff so I don't go as much at the minute because of revision but it will be on before February. :)

Archived