Brace yourself, Winter is coming.

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

what!!, ive gotta prepare for winter now, ive just done summer!...wifes gonna kill me when the wardrobe bursts!!

i'll just wear another t-shirt, my fat keeps me warm but cant see it being to much of a problem if your on the move....at least i wont sweat so much hopefully!

I do have a MTP smock i may use for the damp cold days, plenty of pocket space!.....

other occasions, might get some of those hand warmers for my pockets, few more pairs of socks, nice bobble hat to go over my helmet.....

yeah just use layers, you'll be fine!, :D

Some comments (I'm not meaning to be offensive so please don't take it that way) reminds me of the photo floating around on Facebook

"Spends thousands on kit/gear & f***s off home when it rains" lol

The team I'm part of spends all year outdoors but sometimes we go to indoor sites even when it's blazing sun outside

• Supporters

I was running nuprol 3.0 in the ucap bunker. Sits at about 10 degrees all year round. Gbb pistol ran on it as well as abbey predator in the mall summer

How did you find the Nuprol 3.0 compared to Abbey Predator?

Does any one do anything to prepare their AG's for the rain and damp or is it not a problem?

At the voltages we use even a good soaking that definitely causes a short circuit does not actually prevent power flowing to the motor - i expect if you put a digital multimeter on it you'd be able to notice the difference in power delivery between wet and dry, but in use there's more difference between a fully charged battery and one that's 1/2 run down than the amount of current that can be leached by a water only short circuit and a dry AEG.

The only thing to beware of really is that water tends to carry dirt into places it might ordinarily not build up at all quickly, so it's well worth giving AEG's a good clean after a soaking. Oh yeah, and if you don't already, carry your mags upside down so that even if the 1st BB gets wet in a pouch without a flap, the rest will stay dry, because a wet BB will not behave the same as a dry one in the hop up chamber.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.