Video Guide?

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking of doing a video to go with the tricks of the trade guides Ive been doing lately. It would go with the guide Im writing at the moment for new player but I might also consider doing videos for other guides if it worked. Im very cautious of doing anything like this as if I do it badly I can very easilly make myself look like an utter moron. Any help and advice would be much appreciated as I think if I did this and it was good it would make the guides much better but I could pottentialy make myself look like a prat :lol:

I was thinking of doing a video to go with the tricks of the trade guides Ive been doing lately. It would go with the guide Im writing at the moment for new player but I might also consider doing videos for other guides if it worked. Im very cautious of doing anything like this as if I do it badly I can very easilly make myself look like an utter moron. Any help and advice would be much appreciated as I think if I did this and it was good it would make the guides much better but I could pottentialy make myself look like a prat :lol:

I myself make vidioes and I think if you did a video for new players it would be very popular. A lot of "noobs" allways ask me simple questions on airsoft which get quite irriatating en mass! If you did make a vid then i could reccomend it to them to sort out their new player problems. My advice would be make it good quality and not to long as any video over 4-5 mins will get boring quickly.

depends how much i could cover in 4-5 mins but if I mixed it with some footage of airsoft along with me rambling on about what gun to get how to clean your gun ect it would probably be ok. I'll also write a script and stuff.

Well if you do decide to make a video don't forget to send me the link for it :)

I made my self look like a ###### when i did my "load-outs" video... but oh well its just a video!

The best way to do it is alot of editing.... keep the viewer intrested.... if its just you standing there (like i did mine) and after the 2nd min it get truly boring....

Do like close up shots of somthing that your explaneing and use a voice over..... I find that keeps the viewer intrested longer becuase they have soemthign new to look at every 15 secs....

If you need any help or hints dotn hesitate to PM me i got top marks in Media Studies at a GCSE level and i know my way around a editing program or two ;)

I made my self look like a ###### when i did my "load-outs" video... but oh well its just a video!

The best way to do it is alot of editing.... keep the viewer intrested.... if its just you standing there (like i did mine) and after the 2nd min it get truly boring....

Do like close up shots of somthing that your explaneing and use a voice over..... I find that keeps the viewer intrested longer becuase they have soemthign new to look at every 15 secs....

If you need any help or hints dotn hesitate to PM me i got top marks in Media Studies at a GCSE level and i know my way around a editing program or two ;)

aha thanks! I'm plannig on using footage of the guns parts and how to clean it and stuff and also clips from acctual skirmishes but I will voice over eveything as thats alot easier.

aha thanks! I'm plannig on using footage of the guns parts and how to clean it and stuff and also clips from acctual skirmishes but I will voice over eveything as thats alot easier.

I'd be interested in seeing this if you do decide to do it. I would say short episodes covering different subjects would probably be best ;)

haha jack i thought that was an awesome loadout video! especially the "heavy" M4 lol anyway alex amazing idea, hopefully you wont look like a tool like when i do my videos, if you had say a mate with something like a G&G GR16 or something, you could say "This is a good starter gun, at an appropriate price of £140-180..." i think oliver got one, he has an M4 i know that much lol :)

I'd be interested in seeing this if you do decide to do it. I would say short episodes covering different subjects would probably be best ;)

Thtas acctualyy the plan! :D I want to do a video for each written guide. Also I have alot planned for the end of this month for both my team website and videos. I want to get this video done + its written guide, another tricks of the trade guide on sniping (no video atm though) a gun review on the magpul masada acr (written review, I doubt I will do a video) and some ingame footage at various different sites. So its going to be a long few weeks trying to get all this done but it will hopefully pay off

Archived