Good DMR Choice?

sundown

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got nothing but good things to say about them as a company, bought a number of RIF's and a ton of misc parts over the last year with no hassle and at huge savings.

No such thing as an out of the box DMR. You need to buy a base AEG/GBB and spend a lot of cash upgrading it.

It's easier to do with a GBBR but you will have a lot of temperature inconsistencies, unless you use an HPA system like Polarstar (expensive) Daytona Gun (also expensive) or the Wolverine SMP.

If you're going to use that as a base gun, see if you can buy it without all of the accessories. You're better off spending the extra cash on internal parts.

Chances are that the accessories are more expensive in that package than they are when purchased individually.

If I was going to build a DMR, I would start with a cheaper but decent rifle as you're going to be upgrading the internals anyway. Something like a Cyma M14 maybe?

7214342096ba91d54d62fe8084b87f5bed4f2c41

this will not break the bank and will leave you plenty of money for upgrades.

• Supporters

If I was going to build a DMR, I would start with a cheaper but decent rifle as you're going to be upgrading the internals anyway. Something like a Cyma M14 maybe?

7214342096ba91d54d62fe8084b87f5bed4f2c41

this will not break the bank and will leave you plenty of money for upgrades.

Or maybe the EBR variant if you want more rails/tacticool appearance http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-032-ebr-black-style-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 (I have one and it's pretty damn good out of the box!)

Actually some of the SL8's look quite cool and I imagine the G36 is a relatively easy gun to work on internally.

400x245_product_media_1838_(3).JPGhttp://www.taiwangun.com/en/sniper-rifles/608-sl84-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Or maybe the EBR variant if you want more rails/tacticool appearance http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-032-ebr-black-style-cm?from=listing&campaign-id=19 (I have one and it's pretty damn good out of the box!)

I personally have never liked the look of the EBR. I guess each to their own.

Actually some of the SL8's look quite cool and I imagine the G36 is a relatively easy gun to work on internally.

400x245_product_media_1838_(3).JPG .

I have the jg sl85, it's actually a really fun gun to play with and in my opinion looks really cool, I have not tried to upgrade the gun in any way yet due to funds, but a quick strip down proved it was relitively simple to work on. Personally I really like the look of these guns and it bring something to the field that not too many others have

Cheers,

T.Rokey

I've got an SL8 which i turned into a 'DMR' *shudder, i hate the term* . It's a V3 gearbox so easy to do that bit. There's not much aftermarket hop-up available, i found a 'CNC ProWin' which was alright. I started with the Classic Army one, as it's already got a fair bit o upgrade in it (bearings, piston, cylinder head). All i replaced was the piston head (comes with metal, i put plastic in there), motor, gears (lower ratio) and spring. Locking to semi required a bit of surgery.

Swapped some body bits as well.

I haven't given it a good performance testing yet in terms of range etc (my garden aint that big), so not sure if it was worth it yet. But is doing about 25rps @ 430 fps.

M14 is universally considered easiest/best gun to DMR, followed by anything in the AR series (only due to amount of available parts rather than suitability)

In the above photo by Russell

Where can I get a stock like that to go on my g36c

• Supporters

In the above photo by Russell

Where can I get a stock like that to go on my g36c

If it's a Marui one then you can get a conversion kit: http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/poly-sl8-conversion-kit-for-marui-g36c-p-1395.html

If it's a Marui one then you can get a conversion kit: http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/poly-sl8-conversion-kit-for-marui-g36c-p-1395.html

I've got the JG version

I've got the JG version

JG is a TM clone company so should be fine i'd guess? I know first hand the JG M4 is direct clone of TM M4, exact same dimensions. So i'd hope it's the same across the board.

That would be good if it is

I like the look of the stock & I've never seen anyone with that stock at any of the sites I've played at

With the kit linked, pretty much the only things missing from it being a full gun are the gearbox and the hop-up section that the outer barrel connects to.

Ares/Star used to make a kit that was much cheaper and just the stock but long gone.

So I'd say if your JG one has a V3 gearbox, and it looks the same on google as a TM V3, then you're all good.

I did it the other way around, i got a CA SL8, and then looked for a aftermarket front-end (bought a laylax one and found forum examples/pics of it being used on every manufacturer of G36, leading me to believe it's a quite interchangeable gun).

CA SL8 is only about £200 so after courier and customs on a $150 kit it might be simpler to just buy one of those from UK, and it comes with fair few upgraded (from average CA) gearbox bits that'll trump any JG bit o crepe gearbox (i am jaded against JG). Hopefully you could mix and match between the two and end up with either 2 hybrids or 1 with a few options if you liked.

Thankyou sir :)

Mine is a V3 gearbox & I like it, the fiddly but is the trigger & trying to get it back in but I've sorted a way of putting it back in without the box breaking apart lol

I'll have a look around UK sites & try to get lucky

I've got a CA G3A3, bloody great base for a dmr type weapon, lovely long barrel (495mm standard) which I'll be changing for a 6.03mm 530mm tightbore (got a suppressor on mine) for a little added power and accuracy. I'll also be changing the hop for a guarder/lonex one and adding an H nub to it. Out the box they aren't bad at all, mines locked to semi so don't have any issues with the full auto accuracy (reportedly not fantastic). The only issue with it is the length actually lol, it's massive (could be that I'm used to m4s/ak74us though)

I have heard that Krytac is intending to annouce a DMR prebuilt model for next year. I don't know which rifle they are intending to base it on but they are intending to make it locked to semi and such which will be a nice base for building a decent DMR out of in the future.

• Supporters

I have heard that Krytac is intending to annouce a DMR prebuilt model for next year. I don't know which rifle they are intending to base it on but they are intending to make it locked to semi and such which will be a nice base for building a decent DMR out of in the future.

Its based on the M4 same as SPR/CRB but very long. Looks like a good base gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.