Private Games...

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi there, im looking into doing some private games on private land (i have permission) but i dont know what to do as far as the laws concerned... do under 18s have to wear full face or just eye protection? should i inform the police (shotguns are fired there so im sure they will be ok with airsoft guns... they are all two tone) what should i do???

• Supporters

you are all there as a bunch of mates is the assumption, the second anyone pays (for anything other than chipping in for a pizza or food at lunch) you will need insurance.

We play on private land fairly often with RIF's and have never had any issues.

Everyone SHOULD wear eye protection, masks aren't needed and you can't enforce the use of them, if anyone removes their own mask, it is their own fault if anything happens to their faces. Make sure you clearly state that before game commences.

Probably best to avoid the police at all costs on this matter, if they arrive with guns nd shiz, just call ceasefire and put all guns down, then go talk to them. If the site is large enough to play airsoft on, it is large enough to not be overlooked by the scaremongerers (funpolice) in your local community

I would notify the police.... There usally happy for you to do it... When i was filming my airsoft media piece i notified the local coppers and all they asked is becuase its public lad not to shoot anything... and they asked me fro a date time and place... Best to call about 1 week in advance as it has to go though certain poeple before they give permission

I've played on private land before (with permission obviously) and never had any problems. As long as your sensible and you have a set of rules there should be no issues. Wheather you choose to inform the police or not is your choice - you don't have to. It really depends where your playing to be honest. If people can see into the private land it might be an idea to inform them as you don't want people to call in saying that an invasion force has landed in England and WW3 is gonna start :P on the other hand I've never found the need to inform th police and never had any problems. Anyway as far as Im aware there is no legal requirement to inform the police as long as you have permission from the landowner.

Archived