What Nationality Is Your Gun?

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Vote Here  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Gunz

• British
    • American
    • Austrian
    • German
    • Russian
    • Other (state below)

I guess your Sig is true :D Cheers for correcting me.

:lol:

Its my funny form of OCD, if something interests me, I research it to death. Can't complain, it's allowed me to write a few articles on various things.

Does however mean I can bore people to death in conversations (like Mott from the Ciaphas Cain books if anyone's read them...) and I also feel compelled to 'correct' stuff.

Going back on topic, the current results are what I was expecting. Traditional Armalites, SCARs and other such.

Although that said - eveytime I've gone to F&O Huddersfield, I've rarely seen Armalites, or Yank guns in general. I've seen more M249s than M4s :lol: Lots of AKs, MP5s and a few G36s too.

Maybe the 'everyone has an M4' complaint is just a myth?

• AF-UK Founding Member
Although that said - eveytime I've gone to F&O Huddersfield, I've rarely seen Armalites, or Yank guns in general. I've seen more M249s than M4s :lol: Lots of AKs, MP5s and a few G36s too.

Is that because your from 'oop norrth' and people haven't heard of the states up there? :lol:

:lol:

Its my funny form of OCD, if something interests me, I research it to death. Can't complain, it's allowed me to write a few articles on various things.

Does however mean I can bore people to death in conversations (like Mott from the Ciaphas Cain books if anyone's read them...) and I also feel compelled to 'correct' stuff.

Going back on topic, the current results are what I was expecting. Traditional Armalites, SCARs and other such.

If you boor eveyone to death oyu can use that to your advantage if you run out of ammo! :P

as for everyone having m4s i rekon people started to avoid them because of that and now as a ressualt fewer people have them. I have to admit G36s seem more commo now, but I prefer m4s by miles.

Well on the south coast M4's, are god as the saying goes if its not m4 then its out the door!

at my site if you need an m4 mag someone withing 5ft of you will wave one in your face!

but also at my local site mp5's seem to be coming into fashion because of people and their SAS loadout,

I use an M4 and love it to bits ive had it nearly 4 years and and the only problem i had was recently when the original spring broke into 4 parts!

i also use a 1911 so im pretty much all US but then i have my MP5 aswell for my police loadout

If you boor eveyone to death oyu can use that to your advantage if you run out of ammo! :P

as for everyone having m4s i rekon people started to avoid them because of that and now as a ressualt fewer people have them. I have to admit G36s seem more commo now, but I prefer m4s by miles.

Despite being a support gunner, I've yet to run out of ammo. Not really the trigger happy guy :lol:

I'm not going to lie, I despise Armalites. SCARs, not too fussed about. But it'll take a lot to get an M4/M16 to interest me. And I mean a lot. Short of this thing having more (useful) bells and whistles than the Starship Enterprise, I'm not really interested.

That said...I'd really like an M4A1 with M68 RDS, like the one in BF2, that the USMC have...

I can understand why people do...or did have lots of armalites in airsoft - they were reliable and easy to look after. And cheap.

Is that because your from 'oop norrth' and people haven't heard of the states up there?

On the contrary, we have. Most of our games involve the Americans. I've seen several games where Captain America has led a (suicidal, but hilarious) charge up a hill, onto well prepared defencive positions.

Go back to ya soft water :lol:

• Supporters

Love my M4 but fancied something a bit different so turned it into a C8, also thinking of buying an M16 and making it into a C7 (M16 but with an M4 old style stock) Always liked the look of them!

Love my M4 but fancied something a bit different so turned it into a C8, also thinking of buying an M16 and making it into a C7 (M16 but with an M4 old style stock) Always liked the look of them!

the C8 is bassically an upgrade canadian version of the m4. I think the SAS have been known to use it. The thing I love about M4s is that you can customize them and make them your own. My dad is geting the new specter m4 where you get to choose the top half of the m4 and the bottom half.

American, M4. Also, M9, so Italian. Imma struck between an MP5K and an AK47 for my next addition, so could go either way between German and Russian, though im leaning in favor of the motherland. Or I might go completely the other way and go after a 'Nam style m16...

• Supporters
the C8 is bassically an upgrade canadian version of the m4. I think the SAS have been known to use it. The thing I love about M4s is that you can customize them and make them your own. My dad is geting the new specter m4 where you get to choose the top half of the m4 and the bottom half.

Its the reason i went for the C8 as its more a niche thing.

Ive seen those specter things, clever idea imo :)

Archived