Gift?

Callum Lol
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

thats not totally correct in fact thats illegal, and surely if his dad was UKARA registered he should have a better understanding about the law?

His dad can buy the gun and that gun would become his not his sons, when at a game site his son can be loaned the weapon for the day

you cannot gift RIF's to people under 18 and people who do not have a UKARA license, Its illegal.

You can only gift IF's (2 Tone).

Dave maybe you misunderstood the question there?

I thought the law stated that it is only illegal to buy a rif therefore if it is gifted to him then there should be no problem. the thing is the law is so loosely structured with so many gapping black loop holes that i dont think many people are botherd. in this case its a father who is buying the gun for a son who skirmishes and with a bit of common sense applyed there should not really be a problem. im ukara and id gift a rif to a familly member who is sensible and i know skirmishes.

• Supporters
I thought the law stated that it is only illegal to buy a rif therefore if it is gifted to him then there should be no problem. the thing is the law is so loosely structured with so many gapping black loop holes that i dont think many people are botherd. in this case its a father who is buying the gun for a son who skirmishes and with a bit of common sense applyed there should not really be a problem. im ukara and id gift a rif to a familly member who is sensible and i know skirmishes.

Providing that hes 18 thats all above board as remember you dont need have a UKARA license to have an RIF just be a regular skirmisher.

however if you gift an RIF to someone under 18 and his mates are round messing about (which lets be honest can happen and HAS happened) [Read about this on another board] On your head be it in the eyes of the law. as you gifted him it,

If you value airsoft's future then you will obey the law simple as.

Archived