Mesh Half Masks

Aron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says does anyone have experience with the lower mesh masks you can get. I am thinking of getting a tan lower mask and tan mesh goggles to match.

Opinions please.

• Supporters

I wouldn't get mesh goggles, a cheaper BB or some Bio's can shatter and pass though them, causing considerably more eye damage.

I use a lower mesh mask, no real probelem with shards going though it, they are slower so won't knock my teeth out.

May also be wise to get one of the ones that has mesh over the ears too.... they can be mighty painfull to be shot on, espeicially in winter

I wouldn't get mesh goggles, a cheaper BB or some Bio's can shatter and pass though them, causing considerably more eye damage.

I use a lower mesh mask, no real probelem with shards going though it, they are slower so won't knock my teeth out.

May also be wise to get one of the ones that has mesh over the ears too.... they can be mighty painfull to be shot on, espeicially in winter

May I ask how is the aiming down sights/scope with the mesh mask?

Hi there i just wear mesh gogs and have never had any issues with shattering bb's and when its weather like now i just wear a full face balaclava until i get to hot and decide getting shot in the face is better than being hot! and i do get hit in the face a fair bit lol

+1 to what Dave said.

Since I got balistics goggles and a lower-mesh mask, I've had far fewer problems in game. Blades of grass through mesh-goggles are very painful :lol: .

Also, whilst I still steam up (I'm asthmatic, so I breathe heavily), I don't steam up half as much as when I had a full mask (like the 'bulletproof mesh-visor and plastic face guard), so in my mind, goggles + lower mesh = greatest airsofting idea since someone at ICS thought the L85 could do with a bigger brother...

However - the mesh-ear protectors can make it difficult to ADS.

Seeing as all the feedback seems to be so positive I may give them ago, firstly i need to find a walk in shop near me that stocks them so i can "try before you buy" haha!

I'll be honest, had I not been able to do that (try one on at the shop I go to) I probably wouldn't have bought it.

There are quite a few you can get - if there is a shop near by that lets you try them on (or has a good returns policy ;) ) I suggest you try on a few different types.

I like the nose, mouth and chin protector, as I said, I found the ear-protecting one a bit difficult to ADS with, and uncomfortable to wear.

I use heroshark mesh goggles and also have the heroshark lower face guard as well. Never had a problem any shattering of bb's on the mesh and visability is good. Have used these for over a year and many, many games, both woodland and ccb. Have also used bolle gogles as well, again no real problems apart from fogging (even when using cat crap/bike anti fog/soap), as I tend to perspire a bit being a rather large gent!

Lower face mask is good. It has two restraining straps, one over head on round neck. Mesh is a wide weave, lower Q than the gogles, which are stamped. I put a few pads on it to raise it away from my face a bit. Not had a problem with sights as I use a reflex sight mainly.

So I can recomend heroshark mesh gogles and face masks.

Jersey, already tried the motorcycle anti fog, use it on my motorcycle visor, have done for 20 years! however does bugegr all to my bolle goggles, hence I like to use my mesh ones

i use them and theyn are definately good. im ahsmatic too and they are easy to breathe in and more comftable than full face

Do the guys at AWA have a problem with wearing the mask because I asked and some guys said its ok just wana clear it up lol

they let me use mine. Acctualy Curly (one of the marshals) wasn't going to let me use it but one of the other marshals spoke to curly and they said i could use it, so you should't have any problems.

Also are you aron blair?? he goes to AWA so i'm guessing thats you

As the title says does anyone have experience with the lower mesh masks you can get. I am thinking of getting a tan lower mask and tan mesh goggles to match.

Opinions please.

I use both,at least you get good cover from side shots and they have less chance of falling off.

I tried masks=steaming...Glasses=lacked confidence wearing them..

If it's really cold I wear a scarf/shemagh/lower mask,but in the summer mesh goggs amd lower.

I've had very close impacts which have left dents but I've not seen any shatter yet,whatever suits you they're not for everybody.... ;)

Yes alex thats me :0 Just transferred over to multicam so thinking a new mask is in order. Does jason at red 1 sell them?

Do you know how much they are and if he could get matching mesh goggles (In tan i pressume)

Ok thanks alot, you gonna be at this sunday skirmish?

Brad doesnt like Ghost Wolves, These Masks look cool and goggles seem cool alternative to the good ole' Red-1-airsoft-£15-mesh-mask...

Brad doesnt like Ghost Wolves, These Masks look cool and goggles seem cool alternative to the good ole' Red-1-airsoft-£15-mesh-mask...

Brad dosn't like Ghost Wolves because we have more members than in his team :lol: So then he tried to get my mates to leave and join his which failed epically and Ghost Wolves is still a 10+ member team and growing :)

Brad dosn't like Ghost Wolves because we have more members than in his team :lol: So then he tried to get my mates to leave and join his which failed epically and Ghost Wolves is still a 10+ member team and growing :)

Ye his "team" isnt doing very well lol Im gonna have to go order some goggles and that mask soon :)

Archived