Forum Patches?

Mitchell Gee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would you buy a forum patch?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Answer yes or no..

• Yes
    • No

for the first batch you could do it on a fundraising thing to atleast get like half the money... maybe you could do a thing like where donators get privaleges like be able to bump their topic twice a week or maybe they could have like a Semi-Moderator thingy were they get some of the abilities of a mod (within reason) OR (this is prob the best) give them a discount on patches (such as if you charge £2.50 for the patches they can get them for £2 or something) and a new title under their name/pic instead of something like forum reguar they can have "Donator" and mods that donate can have "Moderator/Donator" you will be surprised what people would do to have something unique (well i would do)

Thanks,

Mitchell

• AF-UK Founding Member

A similar idea is being worked on where we would have supporters, and it would be a £10 sub for the year (discounted if you buy more years) or you can buy less time too.

Trouble is I'm trying to get as many benefits for you guys as possible so requires emailing a lot of retailers etc.

Maybe I'm wrong though, does something like increased PM space, a special title such as 'Supporter', ability to bump posts in the classifieds sooner and maybe a hidden forum for supporters appeal at that price? Obviously half the idea is you are helping the forum out too. The more people who signed up would also mean we could do things like giveaways (might start small with just BB's etc and then get onto guns)

We have had the ability to donate since the forum was opened near enough but we as yet haven't received anything, tight bunch you are :lol:

I like the "pirze giving" part of it? how about a Supporters Raffle at the end of the year?

And i would like to help out if you make a "supporters Package" Its something i would do.....

• Supporters

Certainly the increase PM space/more tolerance on posting rules could be very useful.

Depending on traffic numbers and amount of people who choose to donate, put people who have either contributed a large sum of money in to a yearly/monthly raffle to choose a winner for a prize, and those who contribute a small amount into the next raffle.

Something like that to encourage people to support the forums.

As far as contributing goes, I may well be making a donation shortly.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well the idea that everyone would pay the same subscription fee and would be entered into the raffle would really make it fairer. If it was unset then people would almost be bribing their way to the raffle prize.

I will be setting this up at 2,000 members, anyone who donates before then will receive a supporters packing of equivalent value when it comes into play.

Dave I wouldn't be able to give you Moderator and Supporter titles unfortunately but you will of course receive the same benefits if you wish to partake.

i dont think having a manditory subcription fee would be the best way to go about things. it would definatly cause nearly everyone to leave to a new forum and i dont think this forum is active enough for people to pay it.

what i would think is a good idea (not sure if its been suggested) is usergroups which you can pay for. what you can then introduce is a rep system to give reputation to users, but only people who paid for the new usergroup get it. added with increased PM space ect it would be worth while.im sure most people would buy it.

the problem about the donating as well is that its not easy to find, i cant see any way to donate. i think chaning it to a menu option at the top of the forum would make members realise that donations are needed.

EDIT: i think il donate £20 when i get my first gun. this forum has taught me more about airsoft than anywhere else.

• Supporters

what about if one of the benefits was a UKARA number checking service?

I don't know how this would work as you need to be a retailer or a game site, would need to contact them see if we can sort something out. they don't give a government database out to nobody now :P

• AF-UK Founding Member

The donation link is in my sig, and also in the announcements section. It has very hard for me to tell how obvious something is when I know where it is :)

I don't wish to be crying out for a donation too much as we aren't about to fold because of it. However a link on the top bar would be good (as suggested)

The main goal for me is that this is still a great forum even if you weren't to sub etc, just if you were a regular etc it would offer good things to you.

• Supporters
they don't give a government database out to nobody now :P

depends if they leave it on a train/bus/bench/table/etc/etc all the usual places :P

although it aint a gov. database, its a retailers database ;) since im on there now, or should be :)

All of those ideas are cracking and for say a donation fee of 10 or over will get you a afuk supporter title and all orher perks such as give aways and raffles etc and any contributions say under 10 will maybee give u reductions in price on some sites. Obv ud have to set up advertising with companys in exchange for discount. From were im standing people are making the right noises so i think this shuld be set up!

Found these guys and they have no minimum order! http://www.designsalike.co.uk/embroidery-services.htm

may be worth a look?

how about 0? empty packaging? lol also has anyone acctually deposited yet? lol or is every one hoping Dev will order them for everyone with his hard earned money? lol jks

• Supporters

Like Dev. said, that will be sorted when there is enough interest.

Basically, the more patches we order, the cheaper it is per patch, so that is better.

but if only 16 people actually want a patch and we only sell 30 of those patches to people, we could potentially be left with 100/150/200 patches. At a massive personal loss to whoever buys them

ok lol we just have to wait, just saying, i would buy one, but i am seriously not bothered...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.