Forum Patches?

Mitchell Gee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would you buy a forum patch?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Answer yes or no..

• Yes
    • No

on another forum they sell patches... and i thought it would be cool if you could get patches for this forum maybe just like the logo... but in an olive and tan designs as well as the normal blue... i would buy one (as long as there a decent price...) im pretty sure devestator or a mod will see this... but i would like to hear your feedback from everyone else (and mods)

oh yeah and one more thing... if you do take this idea up, *soft voice* free patch for meeeee please?

thanks for reading,

Mitchell

• Supporters

REC.png

PATCH.png

new.jpg

Some Oldies I dug up, what do you guys think would you seriously be up for buying these?

Would help massively in terms of advertising around the UK!

My favourites are the top ones and the bottom ones, I believe Dev preferred the middle.

I like the top set. Specifically the bottom left variant.

Cost wise, it'll be better if you do them in bulk (100+). Dave and I searched for prices for our own team patches - and for 12, it would have costed £120 (I can't remember the cheapest Dave found, but it was certainly too much cost to bother)

*edit - although we were both looking for patches that came on/with velcro - it would probably just be cheaper to buy the patches and slightly bigger squares of velcro, and let the buyer sew the two together...

Definatly be the top 1 for me i think and i may even be able to get these made if who ever is setting this up hits a blank.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/Ma...1/AF-UK/REC.png

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/Ma...AF-UK/PATCH.png

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/Ma...1/AF-UK/new.jpg

Some Oldies I dug up, what do you guys think would you seriously be up for buying these?

Would help massively in terms of advertising around the UK!

My favourites are the top ones and the bottom ones, I believe Dev preferred the middle.

my fave is the top one... 3 colours the OD colours, Tan Colours, And the normal blue and white would be good...

Changed my mind to the top one in the end, we could just do 3 different colour mixes of that.

Would have to speak to Nutster regarding costings.

Dev check this out

http://www.bdprints.com/production%20infomation.html

if you order over 100 they cost £1 each... then even if you sold them at £1.50 you would make £50 profit per 100 you sell if you sold them at £2.50 you would make £150 so it would help fund the forum as well as bring in new members :P

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These ideas are an exellent way to ensure this sites survival. My kit car club produce callenders of those willing to put forward piks of there motors, the same could be done for members and their loadouts. Its all a way of giving us a way of supporting the web site we value so much by contributing a bit of cash and it keeps people keen on the site and game. Just a thought but this is def a good thing to do for us to all get involved in and support airsoft-forums!

hi there i got some ideas for patches...

i call them ideas... as well... there *BEEP* i think they would be good but with more detail...

ok first one i was originally gonna make a morale patch with but i decided this forum meant more to me so here it is:

afukpatch1.png

personnally im not to keen on this one but maybe with a bit of colour etc etc. with a better editing software (My photoshop isnt working and GIMP is rubbish so i was restricted to paint.

ok so the second one (My personnal fave)

afukpatch2.png

i made it to look like a supply case... i would look better if someone took the idea and put it through some good software to add rust scratches etc... allthough on the patch probably just rust will do or maybe nothing atall let me know what you think.. and i will make some more tommorrow cus im so tired it took me about 15mins to put 1 photo on cus i couldnt tell the diffrence beetween the copy and paste buttons (kept pressing copy instead of paste...)

Stay Safe and im gonna try out my new pillow (memory foam FTW!)

• Supporters

Thing is Fate, the more detail you add like scratches etc the more expensive it becomes :P

So far we have 10 or so people who want these and its something we will look into once we get quotes for how much these will be etc we will tell you how much these will cost you.

Were still looking whether to get woven patches or printed ones.

printed patches would be cheaper but woven ones would look better maybe you could do a mixture of both and charge more for one than the other?? idk its just an idea

• AF-UK Founding Member

The problem we have at the minute is 10 or so people wouldn't mind a patch but from all I've seen so far most places look for orders of around 100, which budget wise makes no sense for us I'm afraid.

If anyone were to find somewhere that could do these at a much lower quantity I'd be happy to get it going.

If you really want more then I suggest you keep recommending us to everyone telling them to become regular on here, if we get something like 30-40 votes (no double accounts please :P) then I'll take the plunge.

i probably have friends who dont have an account here, but would happily let me order one for them :) but yeah it will still be around under 50 people all together so printing by the hundreds is useless, and wouldn't be sold for a while...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.