Tricks of the trade

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This months tricks of the trade has been released

Stealth

This month we will be looking into the art of stealth which will lead nicely on to next months guide - sniping! Stealth is used when you whish to remain unseen by the opposing force for one of many reasons.

For the rest of the guide visit:

ghostwolves.co.uk

The whole guide will be released on the forum in a few weeks time but is currently only available on the team website. Lasts months guide has now been posted on the old topic.

Please feel free to comment on this, all advice is much appreciated.

Enjoy :)

Hi there i like the thorough way you have coverd the five S's and given detailed understanding of each and for the milsim enthusiast its fantastic BUT i know as well as anyone this only applys EFFECTIVELY to a defending force.

the reason for it is a human moving around a wooded area for instance will allways make noise and will always be seen due to the fact ure the only thing moving out their, so this in my experience does not work for an attacking force of weekend airsofters.

for an attack to be succesful it needs to be fast paced with regular momentum and effective use of flanks and the surroundings ie contours etc.

Knowledge of the skirmish site is an advantage for example attacking from a higher point than the dug in enemy and understanding potential bottle necks in the layout.

Dont get me wrong what you have written is basicly the shpeel you get in the army and is bang on but for an ideal world or a defending force where ambushes can be set up and using effective ground layout, pluss being dug in!

for those snipers out there YES take note but if ure like me and like to get stuck in, then tip-toeing around will get you killed if the person doing the killing has a decent head on his shoulders.

The use of smoke to manouvre is bang on or pairing up and pepper potting in teams/sections with effective controlled rates of fire will get you further withought a doubt.

But lets all remember this is a game after all and it is played by people of ALL ages and each with a different style of play so my advice is enjoy it instead off worrying how ure moving or how much shape distortion you can create because most of the time and especialy at combat south woodland its just old fashioned carnage :D

Just a little tip i use is i let an enemy see me then go to ground and hope that the unease of having some one close will make him move towards or away from you therfore putting the advantage in ure court

• Supporters

I agree with some of the points that matt makes, being all sneaky only works upto a point when attacking and an attacking team is only ever going to win if they push hard and show aggression.

and a defending team, facing an agressive attacker will only win if they use stealth, hiding and cunning to their advantage.

Thats basicly in short what i was getting at dave thanks lol i do agree tho that there are some good ideas for noobs on there and i thank people like alex for putting help out theire for people who generaly dont know what to expect or know whats expected of them.

Cheers alex

a defending team, facing an agressive attacker will only win if they use stealth, hiding and cunning to their advantage.

As I showed the other week, much to the annoyance of the vets at F&O! :lol:

Once again Alex, a well written article, and a joy to read. Please continue!

Next months also sounds interesting, but being a support gunner/DMR I'm eager to see what you do after that ;)

thanks for the feedback guys

I definately agree with matt there, stealth is not to be used all the time and you will get spotted eventualy. But the plan is for me to cover the more agressive side of airsoft in two future guides: woodlan tactics and urban tactics which I will split into two different guides. This will look at all the things you guys metioned like pepper potting, flanking and formmations such as wedge and echelon. I wanted to cover stealth as I thaught it would lead nicely into sniping. After sniping I will do the main team roles and combine them at the end with the two tactics guide.

I get the information from a variety of sources to keep the guides as effective as possible such as military books (chris ryans fight to win is very good by the way) fellow airsofter and team members, my freind in the army, the internet and of course personal experiance.

At the end of the day it is just a game and everyone likes to play in diffeent ways, but the guides are there for anyone who wishes to use them and I hope they help. Once again thankyou to everyone has given me back feedback, it definately helps alot and its why I write these :)

nice guide and dave... maybe we'll see a new member soon... "Lil-Rock-Climby" no seriously you should get him to joiin if he enjoys it... he'll learn some new stuff and best of all you can annoy him by giving him punishments as a mod... yes... now your tempted

Typo alert!

Paragraph on shine, first line:

'A watch shining in the sun is a dead give away of your posotion.'

its a watch as in a watch you tell the time with. I used spell check and searched the internet and its spelt the same way as if you were "watching" something. Correct me if I'm wrong :lol:

Archived