Are you able to fly airsoft guns to the US

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah you can pretty much anywhere afaik

Check your airlines specific regulations

When you look at the restricted items board they're allowed (even real ones) but must be packed separately in their own case / bag and declared

• Supporters

Might need to fit bright orange flash hiders/tips to the barrels, afaik its one of their rules for airsoft stuff. So I would presume they would need you to do that to import.

Asked a friend who has done this before.

It's fine as long as you declare it with the airline and it's in it's own secure case. You need to carry your RIF defence with you in written form and it really helps if you are booked to an event or site in the USA before you go and can get a written confirmation.

The airline will note it down and my friend had his RIF and the paperworked checked by a Firearms team at the airport before It was allowed to go through but beyond that there were no issues.

As long as you do everything by the book it's really no hassle.

• Supporters

How about coming back to the UK?

Probably same thing, but in reverse. You'd need to declare it, so you'll probably need your UKARA number to make sure it arrives safe and sound

• Supporters

Alright. I'm bringing a slide and frame (NO INTERNALS) back with me in August... Hope my UKARA nber comes by then. :[

• Supporters

This is a good article about travelling with Airsoft stuff http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/07/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-traveling-with.html

Mostly US info (it's from the TSA blog) but applies here too. Guns should be fine in checked luggage but you MUST check with your airline. Anything that looks like a grenade is an absolute no-no.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.