Airsoft Plantation - Essex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After wanting to visit here for a while, we finally did on sunday. The site is huge, with each half separated by the border. On one side is dense woodland and the other, more open scrubland and long grass. The staff there were great and identifiable with their blue hats. They also do help the games along by throwing grenades and smokes around.

The games they do were simply something else and their use of pyros and vehicles in the games is a bit of a step up from the usual. The first game was a fallback game with an attacking and defending team. Good fun but nothing special.

The game after lunch was brilliant. Our team had to rescue a suicide bomber and then defend a convoy to the bank where he would detonate the suicide vest they had rigged up. It was a pretty loud band and they had him wear a fireproof jacket and kevlar pads as a precaution :D

Once we had rescued him, he had to put his finger on the trigger and the explosion on his back would detonate when he was hit and released his finger - a dead mans trigger. This means that we had to protect him from being shot by the other team waiting in the long grass to ambush us and cause it to detonate before we reached the bank. It was great fun and rather tense standing on the back of the car, looking out for people as we drove along.

The site has a very good community and is very well run and is being constantly updated in response to feedback they receive. I say again, it was a great day of airsoft and for £22 it is a great price for what you get. If you're thinking of visiting, id recommend joining the facebook group and having a look through.

10/10

After wanting to visit here for a while, we finally did on sunday. The site is huge, with each half separated by the border. On one side is dense woodland and the other, more open scrubland and long grass. The staff there were great and identifiable with their blue hats. They also do help the games along by throwing grenades and smokes around.

The games they do were simply something else and their use of pyros and vehicles in the games is a bit of a step up from the usual. The first game was a fallback game with an attacking and defending team. Good fun but nothing special.

The game after lunch was brilliant. Our team had to rescue a suicide bomber and then defend a convoy to the bank where he would detonate the suicide vest they had rigged up. It was a pretty loud band and they had him wear a fireproof jacket and kevlar pads as a precaution :D

Once we had rescued him, he had to put his finger on the trigger and the explosion on his back would detonate when he was hit and released his finger - a dead mans trigger. This means that we had to protect him from being shot by the other team waiting in the long grass to ambush us and cause it to detonate before we reached the bank. It was great fun and rather tense standing on the back of the car, looking out for people as we drove along.

The site has a very good community and is very well run and is being constantly updated in response to feedback they receive. I say again, it was a great day of airsoft and for £22 it is a great price for what you get. If you're thinking of visiting, id recommend joining the facebook group and having a look through.

10/10

do you know when the next game is

On the website it says games are first and third Sunday.

Is there a game on the 19th July ?

Its walk on right if you have your own kit ?

On the website it says games are first and third Sunday.

Is there a game on the 19th July ?

Its walk on right if you have your own kit ?

Their Facebook page is more regularly updated. There should be one then, the games are first second and third Sunday's.

Yeah walk on with own kit £22 gates open at 8:30 and brief is at 9:30 so arrive between then.

• 2 years later...

Hi, Not trolling or trying to start an argument, this is a genuine query. I played plantation Essex for the 1st time last Sunday (16/07), having heard good things about it. The set up was fantastic and the site itself in terms of areas the best of the 8 or so I have been to so far. in the morning the games where good and the hit taking pretty good too. All grand so far.......

In the afternoon the 1st scenario didn't really work too well (It happens) but that unleashed the worst cheating, non hit taking I have yet seen in two years of doing this hobby. Followed by volleys of swearing and abuse that would have got you lobbed out of a 1990s Milwall vs Stoke match. 

Here comes my question, is this unusual for this site? I can't see how it could be generally well regarded if this happens often? If it is unusual any ideas (From any other players who were there on the day) what went wrong this time?

This should maybe be in Reviews?

But iv'e never heard that about this site previously. Perhaps these were people that have never been before? 

Mind you I have heard that there is a large group that go there regularly, so if they thought someone was cheating they may have been annoyed at them

Been going for 2 years to this site, not religiously but probably at least once in every 2 months. It happens just like any site but in my experience, it is definitely very rare. YOu just drew the short straw attending on this particular day. When you notice people cheating, just start shooting people more than you usualy would and I've noticed that it slowly fizzles out. I.E. Instead of shooting someone once, 2 or 3 times means there is no possibility for argument as it is so blatantly obvious and when they clock on that you know they are cheating, they tend to stop. That's just from my encounters with the site.

AP is my local site, and I was there that weekend as well. That day was unusual indeed in terms of cheaters etc., however it did get bad enough that couple mates and I skipped the last couple games and one guy from our group lost his BFG (appears someone took it, as it was nowhere to be seen where he chucked it in a previous game). There were many new faces there that day too, but can't say if they were experienced players or new to the hobby. Generally AP is a very good site when it comes to game play and fair play, that day so far seems to be an exception (and hopefully will stay that way, an exception).

Thanks rsciw. Looks like we were just unlucky that day. We will definately try again. I sympathise with your mate, I have the same model blank firing grenade (In red) cost over £80 and I am often scared to use it in case it goes "missing".

Archived