HK417 Upgrades

Demon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So looking to start upgrading my 417 at the start of next month. I Have a 417 with DMR Conversion .. 20 inch barrel

I want to keep it below 350FPS Using 0.25. Want to increase the range and accuracy.

Edited for Clarity: It needs to chrono at 350 with .2, But still needs to lift .25s

Need some advise on parts i currently have an issue on some of the stuff but want feedback / better parts to purchase

Updated Parts

Spring - Lonex M110

Motor - Lonex A2 High Torque Motor

Inner Barrel - Prometheus EG Steel Barrel 509MM

Mosfet - Firestorm Mosfet

Hop Up Unit - (Waiting on Spatch to get back to me) Looking at a Metal hop up

First question is why do you want to keep it below 350 on 0.25? Most site limits on DMR are 425fps and 350 on 0.25 will be well below that, if it's a vfc then you bee looking correcting the AOE for certain and a shim job as the last vfc 427 I had apart was awful on both

First question is why do you want to keep it below 350 on 0.25? Most site limits on DMR are 425fps and 350 on 0.25 will be well below that, if it's a vfc then you bee looking correcting the AOE for certain and a shim job as the last vfc 427 I had apart was awful on both

The reason i'm keeping it as 350 is because i'm passing it off as a AEG.

AOE & Shims seemed alright on mine, but will double check later.

Guest PT247

So running a hot gun with no MED..... Guess you are one of the reasons why folk have been seriously hurt up at Epsom Tunnels!

So running a hot gun with no MED..... Guess you are one of the reasons why folk have been seriously hurt up at Epsom Tunnels!

I'm not running a hot gun? Currently it fires like 280 with .25.

And what do you mean Minimum Engagement Distance ... It's an AEG it just has a longer barrel ... And yes you get hurt at Epsom tunnels because its a CQB site.

There are two parts to this.

Firstly, Demon worded his OP incorrectly.

His gun needs to Chrono @350 with .2s. However it still needs to be able to lift .25's as that is his primary weight of Ammo.

Second, you've jumped to conclusions and made yourself look like an asshat. There are no MED for AEGs, however most people would prefer you don't Auto them from 2 foot. Also, since when can you use a 400FPS in epsom tunnels!!?

He clearly stated its a DMR conversion for a 20" barrel.

Guest PT247

LOL, call me what you like dude, am not bothered.... only thing that bothers me is passing off a hot gun as an AEG by pretending that the 0.25g BBs are 0.2g BBs. If a gun is shooting at 350fps on 0.25g BBs it would be over 390fps on 0.2g BBs. AEGs at 350fps have no MED, but anything over should have especially if it still has full auto. Passing a 400fps gun off as a 350fps gun by using heavier BBs in the tunnels would be dangerous, which was my point.

If I jumped to the wrong end of the stick then I apologise but if I get that wrong end of the stick because the OP's words are incorrect then that is not my problem.

The original post states 'DMR conversion...20" barrel' and asking for 350fps on 0.25 means a DMR spec rifle, wording or not, if it's an aeg it hot end of story, tell me I'm reading it wrong in any way but that's what it says, PT is right, the way it was written says 'running hot'

As for gaining range and accuracy, VFC hop units are pants but the 417 won't accept anything like a prowin without some machine work I'm trying to remember what unit I put in the last one I built for someone but can't at the moment

The original post states 'DMR conversion...20" barrel' and asking for 350fps on 0.25 means a DMR spec rifle, wording or not, if it's an aeg it hot end of story, tell me I'm reading it wrong in any way but that's what it says, PT is right, the way it was written says 'running hot'

As for gaining range and accuracy, VFC hop units are pants but the 417 won't accept anything like a prowin without some machine work I'm trying to remember what unit I put in the last one I built for someone but can't at the moment

Yeah fine wording was bad... It's done with, can be just move past that.

Would want to avoid doing any machine work to the casing if thats what you mean

No, the gearbox, although slightly different to a normal V2 box is fine for the hops, it the outer barrel/receivers where the real problem lies the hop unit is quite a specific fit, I have a feeling it's totally proprietory to the VFC 417, I'm trying to get in contact with the guy I built the last one for but I'm pretty sure it was either a Lonex or a Madbull ultimate hop unit we ended up putting in as the prowin was a simple no go item

No, the gearbox, although slightly different to a normal V2 box is fine for the hops, it the outer barrel/receivers where the real problem lies the hop unit is quite a specific fit, I have a feeling it's totally proprietory to the VFC 417, I'm trying to get in contact with the guy I built the last one for but I'm pretty sure it was either a Lonex or a Madbull ultimate hop unit we ended up putting in as the prowin was a simple no go item

Yeah th e VFC gearbox is pretty wierd it's a V2 but doesn't have the quick change spring standard V2 gearboxes have

• Supporters

Yeah th e VFC gearbox is pretty wierd it's a V2 but doesn't have the quick change spring standard V2 gearboxes have

Quick change springs are far from "standard".

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.