Quick appraisal please? (pic heavy)

Guest RektnNekt

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest RektnNekt

£100? That was a lot less than I was expecting. Could you PM me with possible prices for each piece? I've only got about 2 weeks

• Supporters

cm16's are only £130 new. put the gun back to standard if you can, that should then be worth £100

sell accessories separate.

How much did you pay for it?

Guest RektnNekt

150 for all of it (excluding g18c and mask). Very bad timing.

Checked the G&G GOS V1 stock and CAA handguard, they're worth about £100 new. Why are they now worth nothing? They've only been used to fit on the gun

• Supporters

Checked the CAA stock and handguard, they're worth about £100 new. Why are they now worth nothing? They've only been used to fit on the gun

You could get 150 for all of it.

the reason people say to put it back to standard and split the accessories, is it should sell a lot faster, and you may make more selling it separately.

Guest RektnNekt

You could get 150 for all of it.

the reason people say to put it back to standard and split the accessories, is it should sell a lot faster, and you may make more selling it separately.

Well it was 150 + 15 postage - I can't put it back to standard because it hasn't got the standard handguard, inner barrel or hop up.

As for the splitting of the mags/suppressor/covers/speedloader, I'd need be sure that I'd still be able to get some money from the rest.

If I can't at least break even, then I'd rather hang on to it or swap it and sell some other stuff.

The problem is, unless the price is heavily discounted from new, the prospective purchaser can buy a new one directly from the retailer with a warranty and less risk.

At the cheaper end of the scale, % reduction doesnt amount to much in £.

Admittedly you might have put a lot of investment into the accessories but its a custom/bespoke gun so you will only get a decent price if players appreciate the true value. Most will want or appreciate some but not all. Its a bit like ordering a car with all the options then wondering why you dont get your money back at time of sale.

• Supporters

Checked the CAA stock and handguard, they're worth about £100 new. Why are they now worth nothing? They've only been used to fit on the gun

They're only worth that much if they're genuine CAA parts which they probably aren't (there's plenty of cheap Chinese copies out there).

Guest RektnNekt

They're only worth that much if they're genuine CAA parts which they probably aren't (there's plenty of cheap Chinese copies out there).

They are the genuine ones. They're complete with all the markings and what not. I saw a few Chinese copies when searching for a price, and they're definitely not the ones I have.

For example, the Chinese handguards don't have things like the CAA trademark on it and were roughly finished.

They are the genuine ones. They're complete with all the markings and what not. I saw a few Chinese copies when searching for a price, and they're definitely not the ones I have.

For example, the Chinese handguards don't have things like the CAA trademark on it and were roughly finished.

Doesn't matter, you'd only get £100 to £130 max for it. You don't buy airsoft guns to break even or make profit, you buy them to have fun with them, then when you fancy a change you sell it for a low price to aid funding another gun or swap it. You'd get nothing but £100 guns offered for your CM16 as a trade, it's pretty much the baby blocks which everyone starts with. Nobody would pay access of £130 if you're lucky. Heck, I'd only pay £120, worth about £100. Nobody cares about a fancy stock on it, a stocks a stock, nobody would pay more than it retails for unless you have some "ultra custom" P* build or just a load of magazines, upgrades, batteries etc etc.

Guest RektnNekt

Doesn't matter, you'd only get £100 to £130 max for it. You don't buy airsoft guns to break even or make profit, you buy them to have fun with them, then when you fancy a change you sell it for a low price to aid funding another gun or swap it. You'd get nothing but £100 guns offered for your CM16 as a trade, it's pretty much the baby blocks which everyone starts with. Nobody would pay access of £130 if you're lucky. Heck, I'd only pay £120, worth about £100. Nobody cares about a fancy stock on it, a stocks a stock, nobody would pay more than it retails for unless you have some "ultra custom" P* build or just a load of magazines, upgrades, batteries etc etc.

Funnily enough, first status I saw after this was someone divided between 2 'fancy' stocks. But I do agree with your point

• Supporters

Trademarks don't always mean it's not a clone. I've got plenty of cloned magpul stuff with all the right logos. I know people do spend £150 on a handguard for a £100 gun but there's not too many of them about...

Guest RektnNekt

Trademarks don't always mean it's not a clone. I've got plenty of cloned magpul stuff with all the right logos. I know people do spend £150 on a handguard for a £100 gun but there's not too many of them about...

Ah it wasn't actually meant for this gun. The guy was selling his collection, but these were parts that were just left over an so included them.

I decided to take the stock and handguard down to an airsoft store and they also said they're the real ones - I tried selling them but they don't do that kind of stuff unfortunately.

• Supporters

Ah it wasn't actually meant for this gun. The guy was selling his collection, but these were parts that were just left over an so included them.

I decided to take the stock and handguard down to an airsoft store and they also said they're the real ones - I tried selling them but they don't do that kind of stuff unfortunately.

Fair play. It happens a lot though, I see loads of people wanting hundreds of pounds for an otherwise stock gun just because they've paid full whack for genuine Magpul or CAA furniture.

Maybe try some of the real steel shooting forums?

Guest RektnNekt

Fair play. It happens a lot though, I see loads of people wanting hundreds of pounds for an otherwise stock gun just because they've paid full whack for genuine Magpul or CAA furniture.

Maybe try some of the real steel shooting forums?

Nah I am not expecting to get the full price of them, but I also don't want them to be totally worthless. Will have a look about and see if there is any interest :) Thanks

• Supporters

I see you have listed it for £180 even though you paid £165 or less for it :blink: didnt realise being third hand increased the value

He actually said he paid £150 for it in an earlier post so its even worse. At the end of the day its an entry level gun with a couple of bolt on accessories, nothing special about it at all worth a about £100.

What was the point in OP asking for an appraisal if he was going to ignore whats said?

• Supporters

What was the point in OP asking for an appraisal if he was going to ignore whats said?

It's his prerogative. What he paid for it and what its worth aren't necessarily linked...

• Supporters

It isnt worth £180 thats for sure.

Which I'm sure he'll realise when it doesn't sell....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.