PT247 (Hippo247) - YouTube Channel

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

Second vid should have been up long enough to render in 1080p now:

if it is still low quality give it a bit and it should improve. No commentary in this vid as was in progress prior to the feedback (same with the 3rd vid but that is def too young to be worth watching yet).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say, add some thumbnails. The technique here is, find a part in the video which is interesting, screenshot it, make some sort of overlay or even something as simple as a box with writing in.

So box saying "Long Range Headshots" etc

Will get you more views and it sells your video much better to potential viewer.

Add tags too.

This is more of a, help channel growth but oh well.

Also, a youtube banner would spice things up a bit :) I can make them for free, fairly decent quality.

Guest PT247

I'd say, add some thumbnails. The technique here is, find a part in the video which is interesting, screenshot it, make some sort of overlay or even something as simple as a box with writing in.

So box saying "Long Range Headshots" etc

Will get you more views and it sells your video much better to potential viewer.

Add tags too.

This is more of a, help channel growth but oh well.

Thumbnails? As in a screengrab? What would I do with them? :-)

Also, a youtube banner would spice things up a bit :) I can make them for free, fairly decent quality.

Aye, that is a good call, am no graphic designer though so if you have any ideas? :-)

Yeah for the thumbnails.

Say in the video you get a headshot. Or I don't know, something significant in the video, screen grab it, then edit the pic, and put a simple box and put the title of the video in that eg

"Sniper Headshots" or "Suppressed Sniper" etc, you get the point

And yes, I make youtube banners. If you'd like one I could make one.

Guest PT247

Ahh, got ya. Ummm I don't think my vids show a subject matter screengrab moment yet, possibly in the future though they may :-)

Aye, give it a go. The channel is about PC gaming (ARMA3/Heroes & Generals/DCS), Airsoft (sniper/AEG), trackdays (car/bike), and soon parachuting.... so if you can come up with one that fits that'd be ace mate! :-)

Sure, it may take a bit, as I'm jampacked with school, and quite frankly, school seems to bombard me with, well, what I would call 'toss'

But I will try and have it done.

Guest PT247

This is the last vid from Sundays gameplay:

Was a fun little game and I even managed to use both the VSR and the PDW with a sneaky scopecam switch! :D

Guest PT247

Hey peeps, can I ask that if you enjoy my vids you share the odd one or two on facebook or whatever social media you use. I remember not so long ago a thread on here asking who was worth following on YouTube... I'd love it if in the future my videos were included on a similar list if people felt they were entertaining. If you think my vids are trash then obviously don't share them as that would be silly! ;-)

Guest PT247

This is the first of hopefully many tech vids. This shows how to adapt your Mobius Actioncams to allow for a quick change battery. Please like/comment/share/subscribe if you enjoy my content so I know to continue with it! :-)

Guest PT247

My headcam failed me so have been unable to put together a proper video from this weeks gameplay. I am not happy with the quality of editing and it is very hard to make just killcam footage enjoyable so am sorry for that. I have a new Mobius Actioncam which turned up today to replace the dead one, (I had to use a Go-Pro this weekend and am guessing it got knocked or was just too heavy for my cap so was pointing at the ground the whole day) so future vids will be far far better and hopefully my greenscreen stuff may feature too :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest PT247

Interesting idea. Love the subtitles they cracked me up.

hahaahahahahahaha I'd not watched it with them on before.... that is hilarious! :D thanks for letting me know... am chuckling my socks off :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PT247

First of two videos from this Sunday's gameplay:

Not the greatest video for pew pew action but an excuse to show off my new barrel-cam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PT247

Soz not much action in this vid guys, I wasn't having a great day while filming.... as is the law of the sod lol. Should have recorded my KC-02 games as they were tonnes better for action! :D

Anyhows....

• 2 weeks later...

If my new cameras turn up in time I have a new effect I want to try. Means I have to run effectively 2 scopecams but if it works out will look noiceeeeee! :-)

My Cameras haven't arrived yet so I stuck with my current set up. This is a clip from the first game of the day on fields we don't normally play. Awesome to play them but this particular game had me very limited as to when I could actually use the VSR due to MEDs and the rifle was also playing up all day slam firing (so guessing it needs a service lol). Anyhows, the first game didn't have much action for me which is a shame. Am still going through my other footage in the hope I can get some scopecam stuff but I was having an off day again so will just have to wait and see what is there.

The second video from last week's game day at DOGTAG Airsoft, Holmbush Farm:

Am heading to South Coast CQB tomorrow so shall hopefully have a couple of vids from there during the week too! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a part for my KC-02 arrive that I have been eagerly waiting for. I was the first person to order so guessing this is kinda the first production version #1 ;-)

Archived