CM18 free float removal

GingerBreadMan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Undo the grub screw in the middle of the silver bit.

Had this same problem a while back, tried seeing if anyone knew a way without the specific delta ring tool, but ended up giving in and buying the removal tool, took me quite a while to find the tool too, im not sure if anyone has done it without the tool, and a tenner for something only ever going to be used once is a bit annoying,

linked for your convenience

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/delta-ring-tool-for-r8-cm18-rush-gng

• Supporters

On a real style Daniel defense rail you'd have to unscrew the screws going towarda the end of the barrel on that ring, however as it's a combat machine I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it's not removable.

Screenshots_2015_06_29_00_49_25.png

post-2387-0-57733900-1435535384_thumb.png

• Supporters

yup will very likely need that tool unless you can knock up a crude device like it

the black inner retaining ring is right inside holding the light grey of start of outer barrel

Raider's have a bigger thicker easier to get to retaining ring

but on the cm18 its right inside the mock mk18 ring - bastid G&G mofo's

ps - kudos for pic as it really does help explain things

others with problems need to take note of this

Is that a metal or plastic receiver ??

If it's metal then it's possible that it has thread locker so will need to be heated to loosen it

If it's plastic then a gentle tap with a flat head screw driver & hammer should work

• 1 year later...

Im just adding for anybody else with the same issue.

It is possible using two 2.5mm allen keys wedged into the delta ring prongs. There are four of the prongs or whatever they are called on the threaded delta ring piece. Wedge two allen keys(parallel to each other for even force) into the prongs and use a hammer on each allen key simultaneously to apply force. This may require two people to hit the keys at the same time. Eventually the force should rotate the threaded nut piece. Make sure you use a vice to hold the unit in place whilst hammering otherwise its pretty much impossible. 

Worked for me anyway. 

Cheers

20170421_223315.jpg

20170421_223324.jpg

20170421_223346.jpg

20170421_223833.jpg

• Supporters

A likey to congratulate on your determination to remove it

Though if I was thinking of refitting it I tend to think the tool would be a wise consideration

Suppose you could knock something up with 4 x flat nails...

Image result for flat nails flooring

or something plus a dremel/file & some imagination too

but well done all the same

Archived