Any advice on boots...

Drewster211

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm after a quality pair of boots and was wondering what other have/recommend?

The current pair I am looking at Viper Tacticals...

Help a brother out please!

:-)

People swear by German paratrooper boots at the lower price range and Lowa MOD at the higher.

Personally I like SWAT team boots with side zippers.

People swear by German paratrooper boots at the lower price range and Lowa MOD at the higher.

Personally I like SWAT team boots with side zippers.

Ok thanks I'll have a look...

I bought the Viper multicam boots. A lot of reviews said they were pretty comfortable and I found that they have been very comfortable, they are pretty flexible for a boot. My main issue with them is actually to do with the external material, being made of suede and nylon the dirt really sticks to it and is hard to clean off. So while they look pretty nice new they wont stay that way. I didn't personally think I got much helpful advice when I asked and its very hard to buy shoes online and very hard to find military boots in a store near you.

This came up on our milsim group the other day and you might the thoughts of one of our regulars useful.

http://thesecretairsofter.com/2014/02/24/re-boots/

Great stuff thanks for that one mate!

Seem okay on first look but you cant judge boots without seeing them and trying them. Its always a lottery online.

You're right but I can't seem to find any shops out that do brand new ones! The thought of having someone else's boots on doesn't feel me full of joy!

Lol - the best boots are dead mans boots on the battlefield - let them break em in for you !

Seriously though, try an army surplus or industrial workwear store.

You have to get boots that fit your feet, I do a lot of mountaineering and hill walking, I just go try on every pair that meet the criteria of what I need them to do.

Go out doors have a good range they also have hi tec magnums

If youre in Colchester, it might be worth talking to Mark at Hangar39 in the centre, He sells a range of mil boots.

In an outdoor note, I had a pair of Meindls for years. Used to walk up and down the artificial rock slope in the shop to test the fit.

If youre in Colchester, it might be worth talking to Mark at Hangar39 in the centre, He sells a range of mil boots.

In an outdoor note, I had a pair of Meindls for years. Used to walk up and down the artificial rock slope in the shop to test the fit.

Perfect...I'm on that as well! Cheers mate!

The only thing Id say about walking boots is that they are not designed to allow you to bend at the ankle which makes kneeling and crouching difficult, pre-requisites for warfare.

When you try boots on for Airsoft, I would say you need to test this. You need ankle support to stop the foot going sideways on uneven ground but it needs to bend easily so you can squat.

• Supporters

I've been really happy with my german para boots which i've had for about 2 years now. Main factor is going to be the shape of your feet though, i've had to use two completely different thickness innersoles due to the instep on one foot being bigger than on the other as an example.

I've been really happy with my german para boots which i've had for about 2 years now. Main factor is going to be the shape of your feet though, i've had to use two completely different thickness innersoles due to the instep on one foot being bigger than on the other as an example.

Hmm...the choices are overwhelming me! Ha ha! I will need to investigate properly this weekend!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.