Which one would you choose and why??

Daniel248

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

VFC Umarex Licenced H&k 417D.

OR

Krytac Trident CRB.

The reviews I've seen for the VFC have basically said it has an amazing internal build quality with a good out of the box performance.

The Krytac reviews I've seen have showed me a really good out the box performance. Extremely accurate and a good rate of fire. However the only downside of the gun for me is the rail which doesn't give me much play around adding accessories. Which I would have to change if possible? (If someone could shed some light on this and even point me in the right direction of a rail Would be very appreciated)

But what gun would you choose and why?

Neither.

Don't know where you got your info from mate but VFC internals are usually like Swiss Cheese. I've never heard of Krytac or anything about them, and I don't trust manufacturers which fall into that 'don't know' category.

I would probably go with the Krytec due to knowing VFC are shite inside and Krytec seems to have gotten a lot of hype in the USA for supposedly good internals, even if an intended feature or two isn't there yet. Perhaps the yanks are right and it's half decent at least. Still abit fledgling for my liking.

Not sure what you mean by it's rail? The Krytec has a key-mod system so you essentially attach bits of rail to the side and bottom, whereever you want to add an accessory.

I too wouldn't buy either though, unless last 2 guns on earth kinda choice.

Again I'd be picking from G&G or ICS for mid-price-range or TM for a hole in my bank account instead

• Supporters

Neither.

Don't know where you got your info from mate but VFC internals are usually like Swiss Cheese. I've never heard of Krytac or anything about them, and I don't trust manufacturers which fall into that 'don't know' category.

Krytac are a relatively new brand created by Kriss who made the Vector, they're pretty good by all accounts.

@OP, get the krytac out of those two.

• Supporters

Wouldnt buy the vfc everybody I have met with one seems to have nothing but problems.

Krytac guns seem to be getting a lot of love at the moment and the couple of people on here with one seem to swear by them.

If it was my money I would buy the Krytac or the new Ics Hog or Ape.

me personally id go with the vfc. ive had a vfc 417 350 (20'' sniper variant) for over 3 years. never had any issues, never had anything break. its actually got a semi decent range, fps is about 290 on mine which is a bit lower than id have liked but not to bad. mags are a pain in the arse due to their size, meaning youll spend a bomb on magazines and pouches.

only issues ive ever had was resolved without even leaving the shop (the day i brought it), nozzle was broken in transit, so they just replaced it with a brand new one.

The Krytac, its the much better made gun. As far as I know that particular VFC gun has a flawed design in its custom trigger and it has a tendency to break frequently and be hard to replace. A friend of mine at a site near me had a lot of problems with his 417 from VFC.

@tacmaster I only go by YouTube videos. As if I was to ask on here about every gun I consider you guys would all be very annoyed as I change my mind like the wind lol. I'm not very clued up to these guns.

I might go for a high range G&G and do a few upgrades. Like @colonelKurtz recommended.

• Supporters

Krytac is too new. There is no actual experience with them but their marketing is very aggressive. Meaning the people who praise them are well paid for saying that / don't have the gun for too long. It might be awesome, I don't know.

In that price range I would buy TM.

Krytac is too new. There is no actual experience with them but their marketing is very aggressive. Meaning the people who praise them are well paid for saying that / don't have the gun for too long. It might be awesome, I don't know.

In that price range I would buy TM.

Krytac is not new. It's new in UK. However, by end of July is exactly one year since Krytac initial launch in US. Putting marketing aside, perhaps it's worth to look into the history how Krytac is formed and exactly who is behind it. For those who view videos on youtube. There are tons of them by the players and not from any sponsor. Discussion on Reddit etc....

One of the reasons Krytac has become popular fast is because of two types of reviews that appeared for their guns:

- The external basic reviews that said its an excellent finish and solid gun.

- The internal reviews from airsoft techs showing how the components are the best seen in any stock gun, tests of compression, angle of engagement and shimming all showing how well the gun is built to begin with.

Fact is they only produce 3 different M4's so its about as standard and boring as they can be. But the reason for their success is quite clear, they aren't doing anything special in the guns, these aren't recoils/blowbacks/Computerised etc etc they are just good components in a completely standard compatible system and they then put it together properly. They might be a young company but understanding whether this produces a great gun compared to the competition isn't hard to assess even without buying one.

I haven't had mine long, long enough to confirm the externals and internals are as reviewed. In 6 months maybe I'll actually review any problems that develop but its a standard M4 every piece is easy to repair and replace.

• Supporters

The gearbox isn't entirely "standard M4" though is it? Built in mosfet, QD spring etc. Granted, nothing that hasn't been done before but still.

Personally I quite like the look of the Krytac stuff. I had a feel of one at the airsoft expo and it's certainly well put together. Time will tell I guess.

I know that Krytac is a subsidiary of Kriss, the real firearms company that manufacturers the "Vector" 9mm PDW.

For the record, Kriss only manufactured the Vector in .45 ACP. the 9mm is only a prototype shown this year at Shot Show. I know. I was there.

One of the reasons Krytac has become popular fast is because of two types of reviews that appeared for their guns:

- The external basic reviews that said its an excellent finish and solid gun.

- The internal reviews from airsoft techs showing how the components are the best seen in any stock gun, tests of compression, angle of engagement and shimming all showing how well the gun is built to begin with.

Fact is they only produce 3 different M4's so its about as standard and boring as they can be. But the reason for their success is quite clear, they aren't doing anything special in the guns, these aren't recoils/blowbacks/Computerised etc etc they are just good components in a completely standard compatible system and they then put it together properly. They might be a young company but understanding whether this produces a great gun compared to the competition isn't hard to assess even without buying one.

It's more than just an airsoft gun made by real firearms company. Where do you think they have learned about compression, AOE and correct shimming? Some China clone have been making them for years and they haven't learn anything about making them properly.

The gearbox isn't entirely "standard M4" though is it? Built in mosfet, QD spring etc. Granted, nothing that hasn't been done before but still.

Personally I quite like the look of the Krytac stuff. I had a feel of one at the airsoft expo and it's certainly well put together. Time will tell I guess.

The gearbox gearbox dimension IS standard. You can put it in another brand receiver like VFC. As for the build in Mosfet is just utilizing space that's not use on a Ver.2 platform. But you are right. There is really nothing new except putting all in one gearbox.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.