...again...

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

umm i was going to get that, my mate has it i really dont want the same gun as him, it looks awesome, i just think M4's are quite common, surprisingly the AK47 ("RIS'd up) is quite unique, and just overall nice... my dad said he will order asap, whatever gun it is,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't worry i found out over fbook and u shudnt really spend that much if your not sure anyway :)

yeah i guess and fate...what is the point of wrapping it up for like 2 days?! lol i wouldn't know i dont do Xmas...

just thinking where is the cheapest RIS handguard, i am just checking ebay (AK) as i might just go with the G&G one if i have to :)

• Supporters

The G&G AK's are good, much better than a CYMA / Cybergun.

as for RIS i assume you mean a RIS handguard and you can get one for £18, you'd have to check if i would fit the G&G though don't see why it wouldn't

but i cant confirm it.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/wii-ak-ris-handguard-set-p-29.html

The G&G AK's are good, much better than a CYMA / Cybergun.

as for RIS i assume you mean a RIS handguard and you can get one for £18, you'd have to check if i would fit the G&G though don't see why it wouldn't

but i cant confirm it.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/wii-ak-ris-handguard-set-p-29.html

i found this:AK47 tactical RIS

jason says he wont have it until the new year, so um yeah,

-Zakaria

Also i keep forgetting...THANKS for looking, as much as i thank matt, i am thanking everyone else, just for taking time to read this

the one that looks like an M16? Aron Blair has that i think, look on You Tube

i know, also get this on topic Alex, lol we are on FB chat so you can just ask me there lol

thanks alex lol, and his reviews are good-ish :)

Just wondering, what is an L85 like EG the Army Armament one? it looks good and ones under £160 though? it would suit a British loadout

This topic would be a good read if your considering the L85 (use the search :P):

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=1529

the search only seems to work if ALL words are over 4 characters i length E.G: i want to write L85 and see what comes up, but it might be me, i dont know Dev :) lol

thanks

-Zakaria

That's if you use the standard forum search. If you just use the massive box (above the button to go to the original search feature) it uses Google and is much better.

oh cool :) i will now use that lol :)

If you're interested SA80s (IW, AFV, LSW, Carbine) then the details in the topic Dev posted are slightly out of date. Recently, G&G, and ICS have 'thrown a spanner into the works' so to speak.

G&G have become avaliable again. However, they now have 3 versions, not just the L85. The L85 Carbine (has the LSW foreguard) (rarely, if ever used IRL), the L22A1/A2 (?) AFV (the really small carbine) and the standard IW.

Possibly going to release an LSW in the future (due to the creation of the LSW handguard for the Carbine)

I honeslty have no idea what these are like. There is a video review (2 parts) from a team in the UK that go hold of 3 copies, pre-release to test. They seem pleased with them. However - I have no idea what, if anything G&G fixed.

So - G&G may be a really good, £250 semi-budget (compared to ICS and ARES :lol:) SA80 supplier. However, like I said- I honeslty have no idea how good they are.

ICS have also released the L85 Carbine. I assume it is as good as their L85, only shorter and with the LSW handguard.

Since posting that info, I also picked up my LSW (ICS). Compared it to an ARES one. True, the ARES/Star looks better (ok, it's more realistic, pretty much 1:1 scale replica) - but, I found my ICS was the better performer. ARES owner said he prefered the ICS because it was easier to get to the mech box, and easier to put a new barrel in (something I have yet to do, and probably won't tbh)

ELITE, I gotta say, since you posted the tacticoool AK, I've found myself really wanting to add an AK to my armoury...

If you're interested SA80s (IW, AFV, LSW, Carbine) then the details in the topic Dev posted are slightly out of date. Recently, G&G, and ICS have 'thrown a spanner into the works' so to speak.

G&G have become avaliable again. However, they now have 3 versions, not just the L85. The L85 Carbine (has the LSW foreguard) (rarely, if ever used IRL), the L22A1/A2 (?) AFV (the really small carbine) and the standard IW.

Possibly going to release an LSW in the future (due to the creation of the LSW handguard for the Carbine)

I honeslty have no idea what these are like. There is a video review (2 parts) from a team in the UK that go hold of 3 copies, pre-release to test. They seem pleased with them. However - I have no idea what, if anything G&G fixed.

So - G&G may be a really good, £250 semi-budget (compared to ICS and ARES :lol:) SA80 supplier. However, like I said- I honeslty have no idea how good they are.

ICS have also released the L85 Carbine. I assume it is as good as their L85, only shorter and with the LSW handguard.

Since posting that info, I also picked up my LSW (ICS). Compared it to an ARES one. True, the ARES/Star looks better (ok, it's more realistic, pretty much 1:1 scale replica) - but, I found my ICS was the better performer. ARES owner said he prefered the ICS because it was easier to get to the mech box, and easier to put a new barrel in (something I have yet to do, and probably won't tbh)

ELITE, I gotta say, since you posted the tacticoool AK, I've found myself really wanting to add an AK to my armoury...

Haha call me Zak, and i think it wouldn't seem right to have British gear and turn up with an AK47 (Tacticool) :lol: but still *goes for a pee, finds out it wasn't a pee...nuff said* btw i hope your not eating food when i wrote that...:lol: ANYWAYS the R85 will have to do it, i will utterly destroy the blow back function (i will try to disable it) and maybe do a few other things to it :)

thanks

-Zakaria

Right, I know that my R85 had the full AW 'works' done on it, to fix it (after it broke). It still broke, but thats because the gun was really awfully made, not their fault.

Dave is currently 'tinkering' with it. I would say 'fixing', but in all honesty I think its pretty close to becoming a wall hanger (of happy memories of when I first started out skirmishing).

I believe R85s/ (old...) G&G L85s need some work on the piston and selector gear too, but I don't know what. Best ask Dave (I believe it is currently scattered about his floor).

• Supporters
I believe R85s/ (old...) G&G L85s need some work on the piston and selector gear too, but I don't know what. Best ask Dave (I believe it is currently scattered about his floor).

Yeah, the sector gear needs 2? teeth removing from it asn the piston requires the rfont two removing/a new piston with a 10mm spacer added to the front (sadly unpurchasable, have to be custom made I believe)

The gears are fairly simple to get hold of (same GEARS as a Marui M14, different case), but I am unsure as to the longevity of the gearbox design at all really, yeah the split gearbox design in nice, but there are so many moving bits and little springs everywhere, it just can't work in the long term.

also, It isn't all over the floor.... well, some of the smashed gear bits are (it did that on it's own too, so I removed the smashed spur gear, currently waiting for shops to be open again) It is all together, except the spur gear, the anti reversal latch and the tenstion release as they are a right arse to fit back in..... moreso than a V2/3 gearbox -_-

personally, We don't seem to have had any problems with the ICS, so I would go with that.

BUT

WE seem to be doing an L85 replica in lovely GBB soon *is excited and prepares bank account for a serious battering*

The WE one.

Uhm...I'll pass.

It's just an R85 that they've converted. And not very well. They've mucked up, all the pics I've seen so far have some of the controls slightly wrong (inverted), the ironsights backwards (which I believed to be physically impossibleto do) and the gasblock (on the RS, not this) inverted. Whilst I'm not a true 100% replica nut, I alteast like things to be pretty close

Maybe, when they get closer to the release date, I might change my mind (I saw this 2 months back).

Or, I'll wait and see if they do an L86 GBB

They have to finish it first!

• Supporters

WE ONLY do GBB rifles/pistols.

and they do them bloody well.

They took the Marui Hi-capa (can only handle 134A gas), tweaked it a bit, added a metal slide and they now sell magazines that go straight into their normal Hi capa's with a CO2 canister to deliver roughly double that of a stock marui.

If anyone knows GBB it is WE

Appart from the fact that we live in the UK, and as such it'll only ever really work properly in Spring and Summer. I like GBB for pistols, and little else. Like I said, if someone does a nice L86 LSW in GBB, I might bite.

Trust me Dave, the last time I saw their L85 I wasn't that impressed.

By converted R85, I mean they had the shell of the R85. On their first ever vid, you could even see AA's production stamp on the lower reciever. Thats what I meant by converted.

Archived