The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Mission Background Information:

With the CDF offensive grinding to a halt in the face of strong Chedaki resistance, there are now a number of towns in the newly occupied region which are currently occupied by CDF. During the offensive a large number of Chedaki units were encircled and cut off from the main force. Cut off behind enemy lines, they quickly dissipated in to the mountains but only to re-organise themselves during the weeks after the offensive ended. These remnants of the Chedaki force are posing significant security threats within the new occupied towns and villages. Built up areas along MSR's (main supply routes) are the most at risk. The re-grouped Chedaki units may lack the firepower of a unified force, but they are still perceived as a significant threat due to the long years of combat experience by many of the soldiers making up these roaming units.

One of the many towns now occupied by CDF units is the town of Petrovka. A small town that somehow escaped unscathed during the main offensive, and is now occupied by small CDF reserve force consisting of around 80 conscripts. The force established control of the town four weeks ago is currently operating from a patrol base in the grounds a manor house within the northern district of the town. As well as maintaining the security of the MSR running through the Petrovka, the CDF force has also been tasked with defending a radar station in the centre of the town which is an integral node within the CDF air defence network.

The first week of the occupation was relatively quiet, until members of the NAPA (National Party) started to integrate themselves in to the populous of the town and have seen been actively creating security issues with frequent attacks against the CDF Patrol Base and foot patrols. NAPA activity has been increasing across the southern provinces of Chernarus with attacks on military bases as well as civilian targets, with at least three car bombs in as many days within the capital itself.

Intel now suggests that as well as the existing NAPA threat, there is a strong indication that remnant elements of the Chedaki regional task force could be within the outskirts of the town and may well launch raids on the town of Petrovka in an attempt disrupt the MSR.

The people of Petrovka may well have escaped the war so far, but that is all going to change!

Experience the battle, experience TA BattleSim!

Event Details

• Name: The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

• Price: £90.00 per ticket

• Event Date: 9/10 April 2011

• Availability: 200 places

• Booking start date: BOOKING WILL OPEN ON THE 7th JANUARY 2011

• Format: BattleSim

CDF Mission and tasks:

CDF Reserves have been occupation of Petrovka since the offensive moved through the area 4 weeks ago. Since occupying the town they have setup a patrol base and declared one of the northern districts of the town as a military zone and a no go area to local civilians. However the oppressive attitude of the commander has caused a negative reaction from local members of Nationalist guerillas of the National Party aka NAPA.

Security details

One of the core tasks for the issued to the reserves is to provide security within the town. Such details include:

• Maintain the security of the patrol base
  • Maintain security within the militarised zone
  • Provide security within the business/commercial districts of the town

Main Supply Route

One of the key MSR's providing valuable supplies to the front line flows the middle of the town. A vital part of this supplyline is the petrol station located within the buiness district of the town. Used to re-supply supply trucks, it is the only petrol station for hundreds of miles.

• Keep open the MSR that paths through the town
  • Keep the petrol station operational

Radar station

Located in the centre of the town, the radar station is one of many air defence nodes providing the coverage for the Chernarussian Air Defence Network.

• Provide security around the radar station and keep the station operational 24x7.

Chedaki Mission and tasks:

The Chedaki stopped the CDF offensive dead in its tracks but they paid a heavy price for the victory. The regional task force took massive casualties and scattered across a large area. Groups of scattered units have had a chance to re-group over the last few weeks and pockets of resistance are now beginning to form. These groups are now posing security threats in towns and homesteads behind the CDF rear areas.

Establish a foothold

The Chedaki force have been helped in to the town by members of the NAPA. Although NAPA has no allegiance with the Chedaki, they do realise that a Chedaki presence within the town will help distract the CDF occupiers enough to carry out their own agendas. Once inside the borders of the town, one of their first tasks is to establish a foothold in the northern districts to allow further reinforcements in to the town to support the subsequent assault.

• Successfully enter the town moving through the residential and commercial districts in order to reach the northern districts to open up a foothold for further reinforcements.

Main supply route

As mentioned above, the MSR is used to ship vital CDF supplies to the frontline troops.

• Disrupt the MSR by preventing the flow of supply vehicles along the route.

NAPA Mission and tasks:

Members of the "Nationalist guerillas of the National Party" aka NAPA exists in many towns and communities across many regions of Chernarus. The oppresive nature of the CDF commander currently overseeing the occupation of Petrovka has caused members of NAPA from neighbouring towns to converge on the town of Petrovka in order to free the people of such oppression. Knowing that they can not take on the military might of the Cherarussion Defence Force, their only chance is to disgrace the commander in order to have him replaced for a less oppressive one.

Replace the CDF commander

If they can not remove the CDF occupation then they can have the oppresive CDF replaced. Therefore all efforts must be made to cause maximum casualties in order to show CDF command that their commander is not cut out for the job.

• Carry out series of attacks against CDF patrols and the CDF patrol base by using the ability to move undercover disguised as civilians
  • Carry out mortar attacks against the CDF patrol base

The ultimate blow

The NAPA are more than just thugs carrying out random hits on oppressive factions. They are an underground political movement that have many contacts and access to resources that can assist their cause. As such, NAPA are working on something to cause the ultimate blow to the local CDF Commander.

• Support Operation Mongoose, which is intended to send a very loud message to the CDF High Command

Game Play

If you are looking for an event where tightly controlled orchestrated attack and defensive actions are played out in a realistic way then this is the event for you.

The Government forces will be challenged from many fronts with the presence of a Guerilla force consisting of members of the National Party and now having to face an assault by trained Chedaki soldiers. They must adapt to 360 degree warfare with only a small safe haven to operate from. Events will rapidly unfold requiring the CDF to be flexible in their tactics to deal with an ever changing environment.

The Chedaki are out for revenge, and those that have re-organised themselves after the CDF offensive a few weeks back will be now looking to avenge their fallen comrades. Having identified a clear target of opportunity they are aiming to shut down the MSR and inflict maximum violence on the CDF conscripts. This is a force that are behind enemy lines and must work together to overcome their adversaries and achieve their objectives in the name of the Chernarussion Movement of the Red Star!

The National Party on the other end of the using their positions in the community to sneak around the town undetected in order to carry out attrocities against the CDF occupiers. This is a role that requires a small degree of role play as you would be required at times to move around the town in the disguise of civilians, carrying weapons and kit in bags in order to move without looking suspicious. This will allow you to move in to ambush positions in order to hit CDF patrols, or to move your light mortars in to range of the CDF patrol base. Once the attack is complete then stow away your arms and blend back in to your civilian role.

In a nutshell, this is simply BattleSim at its best!

More Information

Visit www.ta-events.co.uk/events/battlesim/cc3/ for more information.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to train there for iraq when i was in the mob its awesome with underground tunnels and theire was also a small assault course etc. im putting my name down for that bad boy!

Me and my team have just booked and i can tell anyone wanting to go that it is seriously filling up so get booking NOW i started booking as soon as the site let me and when i finished there was already 11 teams confirmed and booked!

look forward to maybee seing some of you guys at the event!

Places are going fast.

We currently have:

5 Places on the Chernarussian defence force

7 Places left on the CHedaki force

35 Places left on the NAPA force

Although some people might drop out when it comes to paying their deposits. So don't let the numbers left put you off booking!

Bookings opened 6 hours ago and due to demand we have allocated more tickets.

But despite more tickets being allocated, both the CDF & Chedaki forces are now sold out .... but we still have 50 places left on the NAPA side.

36 Teams have booked so far from 10 different countries.

Bookings opened 6 hours ago and due to demand we have allocated more tickets.

But despite more tickets being allocated, both the CDF & Chedaki forces are now sold out .... but we still have 50 places left on the NAPA side.

36 Teams have booked so far from 10 different countries.

Should be good im looking forward to it!!!

Can i just ask are you involved in the set up of this event?

I am the key person involved with setting up this event.

Aha ok i was just wondering because i have paid my deposit and when i log in it said i have 7 days remaining to pay my deposit but i have confirmation email saying payment recieved etc is that just not updated on my bookings page or is it always going to say that you have 7 days to pay your deposit?

Ok thanks for letting me know. Don't be concerned though because if you have received the confirmation email for your payment then we have received it. There must be issue with the my booking section of the site not recognising your payment. I shall look in to that that. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked emails and this has been cancelled!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY

This, as the email states, is the risk we all take when using military training areas. Military units will always have a higher priority to civilian usage.

We are very fortunate that Sennybridge has availability on the 23/24 April, so consequently the event will be moved to that location and date instead.

We realise this is not suitable to all and therefore everyone that has already paid their deposit will receive a full refund.

We totally understand the frustation of such a situation and it completely felt by us as well.

No one is going to be happy about this and me in particular. Much effort has gone in to the planning of this event which had 350 players booked. But we are trying to deal with the situation in the best way we can.

• 3 months later...

Archived