M4 barrel RIS mount?

JamieB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of picking up an Eotech replica at some point next year for my King Arms M4. I want to get some back up sights for this (Magpul MBUS or similar) as well but if i mount a RIS rail on the top of my Magpul MOE handguard is sits higher than the rail on my receiver.

My question then is can you buy a small RIS mount that attaches to the barrel in place of the standard front sight? Or at least a modern-looking flip down front sight that will attach to the barrel.

Cheers

I dunno if you can get the Frount sight off... i mean i looked at it a couple of weeks ago and i couldnt get it off?

@Jersey - I haven't tried it yet but this vid seems fairly straightforward:

@bigshep - thanks for those! I think that's probably what i'll end up with or something similar.

Im with you on that 1 jersey as i have also tried on my ICS M4A1 Carbine but it looks like its a perminent feature. what i have done tho is put a small ris on the front of the barrel and it wraps around the foresight and does look good.

What im going to do is

1. just wack a holo sight on mine and a foregrip on the front RIS

2. fit a full RIS and rewire to the rear with a new crane stock then fit a M203 and voulaaaaaa im done

good luck

Having removed the front sight on my lil brothers ics m4 with front ris system (well by little, I mean he is 26), I basically followed that vid. You have to beat all the pins out (I uses flat bladed screwdriver, I think they are using allen keys), and then there was one or two very small grub screws that needed to be unscrewed. Also there was the front ring thing to remove. That also had a grub screw in it and you removed it with the front sight and then unscrewed large screws at its rear. So it was beat pins out, undo grub screws on mount and ring, unscrew whole assembley from ris/rail. Unscrew the round ring from the front sight and then reverse to reinstall. The only issue I had was that the ICS front sight is quite square on the barrel and my replacement was a bit rounded, so the seperate sling mounting point would not fit. However I fitted a rail sling mount (£6 on ebay) and it works a treat.

I have ordered stuff from ebairsoft before and they are great. About 1 week door to door, prices include shipping, so as long as its below £18 you should be alright for customs.

See i only knew about the first step... not the other two.... looks like i have something to do tonight...

Lol, let us know how you get on... B)

Archived