Newbie questions (probably been answered a million times sorry!)

unrealorange
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

About to get into airsoft (i think) and wanted to understand a few things before i get started!

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

1) I have played paintballing and at one point had my own weapon. When paintballing it seems that the guy with the weapon which can shoot the most paint generally win, is this the case with airsoft?

2) How much do i have to spend at the start to get a good starting gun? Have been looking around and it seems for a good one, around £200??

3) Is there any point in sniper rifles in airsoft? In paintballing i have found it pretty pointless, but i have seen on youtube alot of people using sniper rifles???!!! Could i start with a sniper rifle?

4) Are the guns actually accurate? I have had cheapo £40 airsoft guns before (just playing around LOL!) and they just dont aim at all, but is a £200 sniper rifle actually going to hit where the scope is pointing?????

Thanks for answering guys and girls!

UnrealOrange

well

1. Airsoft, i do believe is wwaaaaaaayyy more tactical and you have to think and act quickly depending on the situation.

2. i have seen (and i myself will be getting) good starter assault rifles for about £140-£200+ so um yeah.

3.Snipers are very helpful in airsoft, though when the "Noobs" start out, and buy a sniper, they usually regret it, luckily i stopped that idea before i ordered the gun (Phew!) :)

4.depending on your hop-up, and weather your gun has a good one, then you will have good range and also you might have to think about the sights on the gun for good accuracy, like fire a few shots in the garden, see where they go, fire a few more and so on and so forth. Hop-up by the way puts spin on the bb, so that it gets...well, more range

i hope this helped, also by the way, i am also new to airsoft,

-Zakaria

• Supporters
Hi guys,

About to get into airsoft (i think) and wanted to understand a few things before i get started!

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

1) I have played paintballing and at one point had my own weapon. When paintballing it seems that the guy with the weapon which can shoot the most paint generally win, is this the case with airsoft?

2) How much do i have to spend at the start to get a good starting gun? Have been looking around and it seems for a good one, around £200??

3) Is there any point in sniper rifles in airsoft? In paintballing i have found it pretty pointless, but i have seen on youtube alot of people using sniper rifles???!!! Could i start with a sniper rifle?

4) Are the guns actually accurate? I have had cheapo £40 airsoft guns before (just playing around LOL!) and they just dont aim at all, but is a £200 sniper rifle actually going to hit where the scope is pointing?????

Thanks for answering guys and girls!

UnrealOrange

1) In some cases yes and in others no it all depends on the situation and the surroundings you play at, in woodland a BB can easily break through leaves and twigs and can shoot through cover (Light cover), In CQB you often have hard cover and its down to you to not get hit by suppressive fire.

2) well its always best to rent and try before you buy, but you can get a decent gun for around £120. £200 would be a very nice starter gun however (all depends on how much your willing to fork out)

3) Yes, but snipers in airsoft are much different to their real world counterparts, generally you are in eye sight of your target however you can still out range an AEG providing you've got the correct set-up. at a site i'd say around 10% of people use sniper rifles. feel free to start with a sniper rifle however it is VERY recommend that you get a feel for the game with an assault rifle first :) plus when you get your sniper you will have a nice backup weapon (which is required for people who use sniper rifles)

4) Guns are accurate, the cheapo guns wont have Hop-ups or decent gears, or tightbore barrels so their just crap. whether it will hit where the scope is pointing is down to you zeroing the scope correctly and firing within a range you can hit someone at! (i.e dont aim at someone 300metres away)

Hope this helped :)

• Supporters

1) Not necessarily. It only take 1 BB to kill someone. There is no need to get more rounds than necessary down range. Having said that, it is nice to be able to go bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt at close range and be safe behind a wall of BBs

2) £200 is a great starting figure. Obviously you get what you pay for, so choosing the right gun for that price can be challenging (used to be) untill SRC guns came along a few months ago and they are absolutely brilliant, have a look into them

3) No real need, some players (the ones on youtube) have a LOT of patience and money to put into getting their rifle awesome and to resist charging at someone.Could i start with a sniper rifle? no. simple as, you will get bored.

4) again, get what ya pay for, £40 isn't going to get much, but for £200 the SRC G36's are happy to hit a man sized target at around 40-50M, will fire out to around 70-80

there's a woodland site im Bristol as well

haven't been to it myself and i only know this as my cousin lives in Bristol.

the closest woodland site to bristol is thornbury, not exactly walking distance :P

but the courthouse in bristol centre is good (though, as mentioned, CQB).

Archived