SAS loadouts/clothing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is my SAS Soldier 95 DPM load out complete with Haversack. Looking for another S10 respirator and dpm vest now to complete this one!

Let's see your SAS inspired loadouts and clothing then!

post-11356-0-97551400-1431795292_thumb.jpg

post-11356-0-25304600-1431795301_thumb.jpg

post-11356-0-90444700-1431795309_thumb.jpg

post-11356-0-80856700-1431795319_thumb.jpg

What exactly is it that is SAS about this mate? You've stuck on a set of DPM's and a Colour Sergeants rank tab? If you're going on the "SAS" smock making it an SAS kit, afaik that's just a marketing term for a slightly modified smock?

SAS use whatever the hell they can get there hands on that will work in the environment there operating in. That just looks like a regular DPM smock to me. I've certainly seen hundreds of cadets wearing that style in my time.

I honestly think the only two ways you can do an SAS load out is the full anti-terrorism get up or barracks dress.

Smock was given to me by a relative who servedv with the SAS during the Falklands war. Shirt was bought off eBay as ex-sas, trousers were bought as new. Rank sliders were with the UKSF boonie purchased, and the haver sack dates back to WW2, but probably just standard issue.

What are your guys loadouts like?

That sounds nice and all, but the shirt is still a standard shirt, doesn't matter what it was sold as, especially on eBay lol.

You're profile says you have a black kit with the respirator, why don't you show that one? I always love Black kit loadouts, they look badass. :)

lol

Aside from the black kit photo ^_^ your 'SAS' loadout is just the standard British army uniform, which ironically is what the Regt would usually wear (different stable belt and beret obviously) There isn't really a SAS loadout but if you wish to achieve an SF loadout, you could go with standard kit as you have and then modified webbing. SF would mix and match their kit to suit the theatre of work they are in. The same goes for the weapon. Choice an M16 / M4 or something, as I've heard the Regt are fond of these haha.

I've been told this is a photo of SF / SAS

sas-group.jpg

Personally I think using rank slides in airsoft is a bit of a no-no, along with wearing other symbols such as the Para wings as you need to have earned the right to wear one.

Aside from that, CS'95 isn't much of an SAS or UKSF set of kit- I've seen dog walkers tramping around in '95 smocks or trousers. Mixing and matching kit like in ronin's photo is definitely an easy way to get a better SAS loadout impression.

I'm not even going to comment on that photo of the Japanese cosplayer's loadout...

Bought a Nomex jumpsuit, gas mask and ex issue vest from the Airsoft showcase today for a black SAS Inspired loadout.. also met ex SAS man Rusty Firmin :D

All in all a good day!! B)

I know for a fact sas or sf's won't wear any type of insignia or rank including things like the union flag, load out as mentioned can vary from task to task. The sas as well don't carry a s10 or gsr all time, that depends on the gas threat on missiond when they do carry it they more than likely will always wear it and won't carry a haversack as they will add weight to their kit they don't need to carry.

I presume either the initial photos are stolen too, or this guy has serious confidence issues. Why would he blur out his face on this forum? We're not going to hunt you down!

I don't think there's a need to steal low-res photos of standard DPM kit, that'd be a waste of time and effort lol, they're probably his own,

I've blurred my face out before on here, I'm not sure why tbh :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.