Tokyo Marui AA12

Happy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gimme one and let me loose in Epsom Tunnels.. no more funneling at corners!! :angry:

CHARGE!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gimme one and let me loose in Epsom Tunnels.. no more funneling at corners!! :angry:

CHARGE!!!!!!!

Probably wouldn't last very long, but it'd be fun whilst it did :D

Hm... I that's given me an idea...

Anyone want to buy me a pair of these? Dual wielding would be incredible!

Probably wouldn't last very long, but it'd be fun whilst it did :D

Hm... I that's given me an idea...

Anyone want to buy me a pair of these? Dual wielding would be incredible!

Ahhh all part of the game is getting hit. I have found at Epsom that you need to set examples. If you stand around others will too. Once your team has noticed you sacrifice yourself a dozen times you normally get a couple other nutters running with you.

All these people trying not to get hit make me laugh. There is no KDR in Airsoft lol..

• Supporters

Looks fun as hell. I imagine accuracy must be a bit odd at longer ranges, wonder what the shot spread's like

To of the 3 hop ups are at a slight angle so you can increase or decrease the spread

Ahhh all part of the game is getting hit. I have found at Epsom that you need to set examples. If you stand around others will too. Once your team has noticed you sacrifice yourself a dozen times you normally get a couple other nutters running with you.

All these people trying not to get hit make me laugh. There is no KDR in Airsoft lol..

Gotta love it when people play stupidly defensive. I've been in games where literally no one has moved before and everyone hid behind trees and hills waiting for the enemy...

The enemy just came and picked up our flag and walked off...

Fun times!

• 8 months later...
  • Head Moderator

Yes, it does look dull and like a toy. One of those times that some spray paint is required to improve the looks. Of course it would be a good gun to have in a yellow and black De Walt style paint scheme :)

A 'nice' camo effect http://brandchannel.com/2010/07/07/the-aa-12-ready-for-its-close-up/

• Root Admin

I think most people's problem is with the plastic. Marui use plastic very cleverly - look at their FNX .45 and you'll struggle to see that the slide isn't metal, but on such a big gun it's kind of a little obvious that it's a toy, and when you're spending ~£400 on it this doesn't cut it.

Anyhoo, to me it's just an AEG with three barrels and that's a big turn off anyway what with the trigger response still meaning you'll lose out to other shotguns and the magazine capacity meaning you'll only get a handful of shots anyway.

I don't know why

But I am disappointed with it, not sure what i was expecting but I just feel let down I was going to rush and buy one but probably won't now and will wait to see one in the flesh before deciding.

Yes very ugly, but of course can't be better or worse than the real thing since it's a replica.

TM do make a SPAS-12 already

And the A in SPAS-12 means.... ?

I said a SPAS12 version (of the automatic trishot shotgun), not SPAS12 replica. :)

I've loved that gun ever since Jurassic Park.

And the A in SPAS-12 means.... ?

I said a SPAS12 version (of the automatic trishot shotgun), not SPAS12 replica. :)

I've loved that gun ever since Jurassic Park.

Gotcha

I think the spas would more a likely candidate for GBB rather than electric.

• Supporters

I can actually see these being banned at semi only sites, as they are abit unbalanced.

As a person using one effectively has a 3rd burst aeg(which is what it boils down to), then I am pretty sure everyone who has 3rd burst on there gun will want to use it too (p*, smp's, etc etc)

Yes I know tri shotguns, but they are balanced by being pump action

Don't think I'll be getting one any time soon

• Supporters

the only people talking about them being banned at sites are players, I've yet to see or hear of a single site saying it.

3 round burst at 250fps with a massive spread... 99% of the time I'd rather have a gun that just shoots in a straight line.

• Supporters

Personally, I love the idea of it (with the drum mag of course). I mostly play the Mall and the Billet (which is a very small CQB site for those unfamiliar) and when I'm at the Mall I never hang about in the main concourse, I'm down in the basement, on the stairwells, in the shops or the service corridors. Big and unwieldy but it looks awesome to my mind and I give 0 fudges about anything else. I have a prison pink AR and a blind-you chrome Thompson for a reason.

If I want a practical gun I already have nice little short barreled AEGs that shoot pretty well. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of playing for a few years now but I find I really have to just go with the impractical stuff sometimes to maintain my interest. Not because I've somehow 'peaked' at gameplay with practical/effective guns because I'm sh*t at this game with any gun; I still love my fancy modern M4s but variety is the spice of bb battlez.

• Head Moderator

I can actually see these being banned at semi only sites, as they are abit unbalanced.

As a person using one effectively has a 3rd burst aeg(which is what it boils down to), then I am pretty sure everyone who has 3rd burst on there gun will want to use it too (p*, smp's, etc etc)

3 round burst at 250fps with a massive spread... 99% of the time I'd rather have a gun that just shoots in a straight line.

This video shows how tight or not the 3 rounds are at close range

Stil do not want one.

• 4 weeks later...

So does anyone know when they are going to release the drum mag?

Thanks.

Saw one of these on Sunday I was seriously unimpressed. Looked horrible to use and kind of pointless, looked cheap as well.

I think both gutted and happy to hear this

gutted as I wanted to love it

Glad because it saves me money :)

Archived