AK-variants?

brodie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

These arent exactly few and far between, so...

..which AK is best value for money?

the Cyma/Kalashnikov ones seem almost too good to be true (full metal receiver, wooden furniture, battery included). Anyone got experience with these?

The SRC ones at landwarrior seem pretty good too, but whats the deal with 8mm calibre?

Well the 8mm calibare is refearing to the diameter of the BB

There is 6mm (most common)

And 8mm (very rare)

Be carefull some site wont let any guns fireing 8mm BBs... Best check with your lacal site

• Supporters
And 8mm (very rare)

I wouldn't say rare, just expensive! at 1000 BB's for £13 (not including postage)

and I couldn't find anywhere on LWA where they were referring to 8mm calibre (didn't have a good look though)

could only find that they used an 8MM gearbox.

I wouldn't say rare, just expensive! at 1000 BB's for £13 (not including postage)

and I couldn't find anywhere on LWA where they were referring to 8mm calibre (didn't have a good look though)

could only find that they used an 8MM gearbox.

Yeah i saw "8mm ball-bearing gearbox" and thought "8mm BB (ball bearing)"

Cyma Ak's are cracking guns, rock solid, pretty good internals, absoloute work horse guns. However they WILL be hot out of the box, most fire at around 400fps, so you will need to do a spring downgrade, or get the shop to do it for you for about £20. Will take any mags you throw at them.

Dhboys/Kalesh, different company than cyma, again pretty rock solid ak's, can be hard to get at the moment though

SRC gen3's are ###### good, however don't know much about their ak's. They can be a bit picky with magazines though, which may be a consideration (had a g36 that was a bit picky with mags, and I know their mp5's are as well)

Real Sword type 56's are great guns, made to the exact spec of real AK's (well 56's, the chinese version) and are solid as a rock.

G&G are supposed to be good, but have also heard issues with them

ICS are also supposed to be good, but again have also heard issues

VFC are supposed to be cracking guns as well.

If I was to buy another AK, it would depend upon my budget.

£200, I would buy a Cyma and a bucket of mags without hesitation

£300, I would buy a RS type 56 of some sort.

£500, I would buy two cyma's, mags and have plenty of cash left over for all my kit.

As an aside, I have owned Dohboy/Kalesh AK105, cyma beta spetz(2 of 'em), cm022 (ak47), cm050 (rpk), SRC gen1 rpk,

Cyma Ak's are cracking guns, rock solid, pretty good internals, absoloute work horse guns. However they WILL be hot out of the box, most fire at around 400fps, so you will need to do a spring downgrade, or get the shop to do it for you for about £20. Will take any mags you throw at them.

Dhboys/Kalesh, different company than cyma, again pretty rock solid ak's, can be hard to get at the moment though

SRC gen3's are ###### good, however don't know much about their ak's. They can be a bit picky with magazines though, which may be a consideration (had a g36 that was a bit picky with mags, and I know their mp5's are as well)

Real Sword type 56's are great guns, made to the exact spec of real AK's (well 56's, the chinese version) and are solid as a rock.

G&G are supposed to be good, but have also heard issues with them

ICS are also supposed to be good, but again have also heard issues

VFC are supposed to be cracking guns as well.

If I was to buy another AK, it would depend upon my budget.

£200, I would buy a Cyma and a bucket of mags without hesitation

£300, I would buy a RS type 56 of some sort.

£500, I would buy two cyma's, mags and have plenty of cash left over for all my kit.

As an aside, I have owned Dohboy/Kalesh AK105, cyma beta spetz(2 of 'em), cm022 (ak47), cm050 (rpk), SRC gen1 rpk,

Mate, thanks so much for all that, i think you mentioned every make I was looking at.

Ok so Cyma isnt too good to be true then? I will go for that. Gotta be cool to have official AK made with real AK parts :P Love the real wood/real metal combination

I need to get my 416 downgraded anyway, i can get them both done in one go i guess.

Ive been casually looking around for an AK-105 or AN-94, to complete my modern-day spetsnaz loadout but i cant seem to find any UK dealers.

The Cyma AKS-74U looks good, that would work well for me. Failing that, the Ak47 looks the D's B's :D

I have used these guys in Poland before. They are very good. Also as it is in the EU you don't get hit by customs charges. They also take paypal and speak English as well.

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric_air_soft_guns-c003.html

How do you do it with customs, in terms of a defence? Do they include proof of UKARA or do you need to send it to customs or what?

Archived