The most Advanced Airsoft Grenade in the World!

MAS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone got their prototype yet

Was looking at these when they first spoke opted to wait but followed their progress

Certain time i thought they was just going to give up and forget about it

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Anyone got their prototype yet

Was looking at these when they first spoke opted to wait but followed their progress

Certain time i thought they was just going to give up and forget about it

Check their FB. They've had a series of delays brought on by partners going out of business, or randomly raising prices. Hopefully soon though...

I saw they were waiting for China to come off holiday

With all this messing around I hope the guys get a decent grenade

• Supporters

Well, when mine gets here, I'll do my first Airsoft review. I'll be sure to beat it up a bit before though; I want to give people honest reviews besides "it looks shiny. And it went off well when I detonated it in my garden"...

• 4 months later...

Backed this grenade back in October now the facebook page has disapeared anyone know whats going on?

• Supporters

I cant see it no. Just says page no longer available. Rather worried they gave up and ran away with our money.

• Supporters

I cant see it no. Just says page no longer available. Rather worried they gave up and ran away with our money.

Still there for me at least...

http://imgur.com/R18g24L

Screenshot to confirm. Don't know what the trouble is.

Ah maybe its because I'm in Thailand at the moment and something is blocking the page. Panic over then.

Keep me updated please if there is any updates as im here for another week and a bit.

• 1 year later...

I thought i'd bump this having discovered this evening, these STILL aren't completed, and from what I can see in the comments on their FB page, even more money was asked of the initial backers. Oh, but it's only 2.5 years later...definitely screams vapourware to me.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, GiantKiwi said:

I thought i'd bump this having discovered this evening, these STILL aren't completed, and from what I can see in the comments on their FB page, even more money was asked of the initial backers. Oh, but it's only 2.5 years later...definitely screams vapourware to me.

They didnt ask for more money - they needed more to complete the project, so the company are paying the difference out of pocket, adding to the time. Its is a bit overdue though haha.

What many crowdfunders don’t realise is that they aren’t preordering but are investing in a product

if the minimum target isn’t met then everyone gets their money back, if the target is met then the developers get the money and start going

If it was guaranteed then they could go to the bank and get a business loan or to a standard investor and then just pay back the original loan/investment plus some percentage on top

The product is then priced on the cost including paying back the investment and everyone is happy - as long as it sells

Thats not easy when you’ve got a new idea or it’s a twist on something that’s already out there.

A separate benefit of crowdfunding is free advertising, if you have something quirky then it gets picked up and passed around for more free advertising.

Your investors become your first buyers, so you’ve lost the risk of not selling anything 

in this case the cost of getting to market has turned out to be double that first thought of, but they are still working on it

There is an extra risk of crow funding that your investors could be all of your customers, this screws up some of the figures as by giving them the offer of cheaper products you’ve cut the product margin and if they are the bulk of your customs then there’s no further profit to be made

From the look of it production has been more complex and they have given up on that as an ongoing product, (the investors & preorders are the only people who are going to receive the 500 being manufactured)

It’s not seeming to be a very viable product, as there are already the cheap option of disposable pyro or the more expensive option of reusable pyro. This is meant to be the perfect reusable, has taken longer to develop, cost more than originally anticipated (1 no sh*t, 2 a risk of too successful crowdfunding), recently approved (that would have been more fun on Facebook of the police said no), and will eventually be arriving with investors/pre orders

• Supporters

It was I think around a month ago there was a post from them on facebook with loads of people going berserk as they were sayng that the full 500 piece order had to be completed before any were being produced. This seems to have since changed but that does mean for all intents and purposes they were asking for more money.

This is the primary reason I don't back concepts and instead buy tangible products. Anyone who is a PC gamer I would imagine is all too aware of all the times creators are seen to massively take the piss, then lo and behold never make a final product.

• Supporters

Thanks, having just been ripped off by SWAT, I needed cheering up by seeing an even bigger... scheme.  This is an absolutely classic story of unrealistic promises and it's-everybody's-fault-but-mine salty tears of rage.

Reading that he was cutting costs, shortly followed by "We [who?] will be including Bluetooth connectivity in the charging base and an app for configuration", wow, just wow. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mr Monkey Nuts said:

Can they be added to the known scammers thread now? 

Initially I would have said no to them being ‘known scammers’

A failed crowd funded product isn’t a scam, unless the whole thing was a con in the first place 

Crowd funding is investment, and therefore a risk

However on reading, they are offering refunds and credit.  Not exactly a scam if they are giving money back

Most crowdfunding raises funds to develop and the cash can easily be lost due to it being spent as intended but the goal failing 

• Supporters

Rule of thumb: anyone using the corporate "we" when talking about their one-man-in-a-shed project has delusions of grandeur and will never take personal responsibility for over-promising and under-delivering.

Archived