WE GBB L85A2 help

mcduff1979

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all

im looking to get a WE GBB L85A2 rifle to complete my all british loadout, i have read many reviews of this gun that say the bolt catches/sticks, and that there are alot of modifications needed for this gun to get it to work as it should.

can anyone who has one or has used one tell me what parts i should change

i have been looking at the RA Tech upgrades and what they recommend is :

• RA Precision inner barrel 6.01 (500MM)
  • RA steel CNC hammer
  • RA steel CNC sear
  • RA steel CNC trigger
  • RA Maple Leaf Hop up rubber
  • RA NPAS Installed
  • fitting "o" rings at both ends of spring guide rod to stop distortion (again another youtube video)
  • Youtube users also recommend changing the bolt carrier to a steel one ( Also RA) http://www.airsofttaiwan.com/shop/goods.php?id=417&from=rss - but only doing this upgrade if upper receiver is steel as could shred it

also adding the daniel defence rail system on front handle area

and eventually modding the top rail to change from 18mm to 20mm rail set

DONT buy the steal Bolt Carrier. From what I have seen it makes things worse.

Tbh as long as you carry out the simple mod of adding a couple of washers to the end of the spring guides to take to force of the bolt carrier impacting the ends of the springs it is ok. Just keep an eye and make sure things stay done up.

My L85 is stock minus the modification and it is fine without all the upgrades. Once things wear out if I still have it I would probably upgrade it to RA-TECH but I cant see that happening for a while.

Airsoft-Ed is the man to speak to. howerer i do know about an issue with the pistol grip of the weapon not being attached too well, relying on just one short stubby screw to hold a 4kg rifle. obviously, this screw needs replacing as soon as you get the gun to prevent the threading in the grip being damaged

Yup, Ed is the man! He's helped me out with mine, I have seen a friends pistol grip screw fail fairly quickly and I have suffered from "mushrooming" of the bolt, I've corrected the problem, but have yet to find suitable washers to prevent it happening again.

As for RA tech parts, I bought some to repair my WE HK 416 after a screw sheared on my carrier and I have to say the RA tech parts are tunk! Wouldn't buy RA tach again, buy stock parts, they do what they're supposed to and they fit! and even feel better quality!

The WE L85 is a good weapon, fun to fire, great noise as it's right next to your head, but as with any GBB, it'll be a labour of love with the UK weather conditions, good luck!

Who is this ed? He from a shop? Also I'm so torn as I really want this gun but it's list of problems are putting me off.

Now I'll have to look for a good well built non m4 gbb gun that I don't have to spend too much buying upgrades to get it to work how it should out the box

Who is this ed? He from a shop? Also I'm so torn as I really want this gun but it's list of problems are putting me off.

Now I'll have to look for a good well built non m4 gbb gun that I don't have to spend too much buying upgrades to get it to work how it should out the box

He is a mod on here and he did a video on this issue and how to fix it a while back on his channel. (His channel the video)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.