I've got the bug

darrenb

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i went to my first airsoft day a few weekends back and am booking in for my next one tomorrow once me and my mates confirm we're all free (either way i'm going)
Its safe to say I've got the bug and i can feel my debit card burning in my wallet ready to be used.
I've been looking at a few guns for once i get my UKARA all sorted and was hoping for an opinion as there are so many different brands. Ill be going for something in the m4 family for my first gun. I know there is going to be others and i'm not going to fight it.

For now tho could someone give me some input on Cyma as a make. I've heard a lot of people mentioning g&g but I wondered if this would be a good alternative as it has a lot of the bits i wanted such as RIS up front for added goodies and a metal body for that added weight. I would also prefer for the battery to be in the stock as well which this also has.

Here's the gun in question

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Cybergun-Cyma-Colt-M4-CQBR_AY3QT.aspx?nh=150847#.VSLarfnF-So

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this gun or the make and if it is compatible with other magazines from different brands.

I was looking at the G&P as I heard they was very good and well worth the money but i would obviously be saving a fair chunk of cash to be used on accessories and maybe a back up pistol as well.
http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/m4-sentry-black-magpul-type-gp901m-p1776

If all else fails i'll get a g&g but as long as its a metal body one.

Hi bye the way :)

You can get a metal body G&G m4 at airsoftworld for £150 that's decent fires around 330fps so it's good for cqb and woodland. I've got one and im pretty happy with it. If your willing to spend as much as the G&P you could get accessories dont bother with a pistol too much. Get a decent battery spare mags and good eye protection to start off with.

• Supporters

Yep, G&G is good, G&P as well. I also like M4s, but mine's a mix of parts from different brands. G&P, Madbull, STAR, and more with accessories from Safariland, Rogers, TruGlo, and others. There a huge amount of variety when it come to airsoft, from cheap China copies to the real stuff.

You can get a metal body G&G m4 at airsoftworld for £150 that's decent fires around 330fps so it's good for cqb and woodland. I've got one and im pretty happy with it. If your willing to spend as much as the G&P you could get accessories dont bother with a pistol too much. Get a decent battery spare mags and good eye protection to start off with.

Eye protection was sorted before I went first time. My eye sight is bad enough without taking a bb to the eye.

All the g&g's i have looked at so far haven't looked quite right for what i want where as the Cyma looks wise is perfect. Plus action hobbies is just down the road for me. I'll be going there this weekend anyway as i need to pick up a few other bits. I'll see if I can take a look at a few m4's.

What model do you have?

• Supporters

All the g&g's i have looked at so far haven't looked quite right for what i want where as the Cyma looks wise is perfect. Plus action hobbies is just down the road for me. I'll be going there this weekend anyway as i need to pick up a few other bits. I'll see if I can take a look at a few m4's.

What model do you have?

Unfortunately Action Hobbies don't seem to stock all the G&G range but...

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/G-G-GC16-MOD-0-30th-Anniversary-AEG-Airsoft-Rifle-Black_A1OF0N.aspx?nh=163991#.VSMQ6-HqfIU

Ok it is not fully loaded with rails but still a bloody good buy of a bloody good gun for £150 if you HAVE to have metal

Yes some plastic guns are brittle and crap but G&G's and a few others are very good robust ones

in fact I have owned most of the G&G plastic ones and the only metal ones I own are the 2 x types of 30th editions

for the money I think there is no better make of starter M4 and these G&G's - even the plastic ones are much more than

just starter guns. They are bloody good reliable guns and they are like Ford Transist vans...

Very popular but good workhorses and straight forward to maintain/service

(Yes a few other vans might be better but might be more expensive to buy/maintain)

Hold that G&G and some others if you can and see what YOU feel most comfortable with

Me - even if cyma was same price I'd probably still get the metal G&G 30th one even though I already have one in black

well maybe a tan one would be nice......

NO I MUST STOP BUYING GUNS, think the family are moaning about stuff like holidays, new clothes, food in cupboards etc....

Hi, starting off with the m4 family is a good move. However, I would suggest that CYMA isn't the best brand to start off with unless you are are planning (and willing) to 'upgrade' it along the way... Not to say it will break down straight away but QC won't be as stringent as other brands such as G&G or G&P. The benefits is that parts will be Tokyo Marui compatible and the outlay will be less than the other 2 brands.

I started off with a G&G Combat machine and although it has a plastic body, you couldnt tell from looking at it and it was tough material! Also, there has been times I would miss the lighter weight in longer games compared to full metal rifles. G&G also have their top tech range if you up your budget, these will have full metal bodies and it will come with quite a few upgrades already, such as a decent high torque motor, tightbore barrel, upgraded wiring and more recently in their Gen 3 range, a MOSFET. A handy feature that is present in G&G m4's is the easy spring realese which relaxes the spring when storing. Their blowback feature is nice but hardly essential in my opinion however.

G&P do make very nice looking and high quality m4's. Definitely comparable to G&G although they don't feature blowback nor have the spring release button that G&G does however. One thing I would mention about them that annoys me is that their barrels have a postive thread which is against the grain for the majority of other companies. This means that a majority of third party flash hiders/suppressors will not fit unless you buy an adaptor to convert it to a negative thread.

I use pretty much the same style of m4 made by G&G; TR15 raider.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5775

Although plastic, like others have said, you may be thankful after a long day. They plastic body looks the part and the plastic is so durable I'd be very suprised if you broke it. This G&G has blowback function, acts like a recoil (easy enough to disable if it's not you thing, I did).

Eye protection was sorted before I went first time. My eye sight is bad enough without taking a bb to the eye.

What model do you have?

I have the 30th anniversary mod 0 GC16

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

The only plastic is the foregrip where the battery is kept. But it's all high quality and doesn't wobble about.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.