G&g mp5 sector switch problems

Keith_1701

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm having problems with my fire selector. If I put it in safe and pull the trigger the switch will jump into semi and the gun will fire. Plus when I change firing modes it feels quite loose but still clicks into each position. Does anyone who what it could be? I've only skermished with gun a couple of times

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'm having problems with my fire selector. If I put it in safe and pull the trigger the switch will jump into semi and the gun will fire. Plus when I change firing modes it feels quite loose but still clicks into each position. Does anyone who what it could be? I've only skermished with gun a couple of times

Buddy i know exactly what your problem is and i fixed it on mine.

So i own a G&G MP5A5 which i bought in November 2014, went to my local site, played a whole days game, got back cleaned it and test fired it, but i also found out that when put in safe if i pulled the trigger hard enough it would slip into semi and shoot, selector switch would move too.

I explain what is happening in the gun normally before i give you the solution;

You have finished shooting and put the gun in safe using the external selector lever

The selector lever moves the selector plate attached to the gear box forwards (away from you) in the gun

This forward movement of the selector plate presses against a black lever on the outside of the gearbox

This in turn rotates the safety lever in the gearbox about 3 to 5mm up

This now sits in the way of the trigger

Now when you pull the trigger it hits the safety lever and only pulls back a small amount

This in turn prevents the trigger from moving the trigger contact sled forwards to shoot the gun.

If you want to shoot the gun again, you move the selector lever which moves the selector plate off the black lever on the outside of the gearbox, as the safety lever inside the gearbox is spring loaded it falls back down to the bottom of the gearbox clearing the way for the trigger to shoot.

So you're probably asking "That's cool and all but why is mine still screwing up?", easy.

Most manufacturers of AEGs use a simple safety lever with a flat head such as the lever on the top left in this image: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ultimate-mp5g3-safety-lever

However G&G in their mind decided to put a small ramp on theirs (i cant find a picture to show you), now normally in a brand new gun it works fine but after some usages as little as one skirmish the parts settle in and now it slips.

"So how do i fix it goddamit!"

Ok it's quite an easy fix so long as you know what your doing and have the correct tools.

Firstly tools, have every thing you need to disassemble the gun such as an assortment of hex tools (you may need a 1.5mm hex tool as well) and screw drivers, you will also need a metal file as there is filing involved, don't use a dremel as we are not going that crazy and you could over file the safety lever.

Strip the gun all the way down to the gearbox (watch Youtube videos to help you), separate the gearbox and open this again Youtube videos.

Locate the safety lever, it should be a small lever no more that 1cm in length, screwed down with a small spring behind it, it will be in front of the trigger or if you are looking at the gearbox top down to the right of the trigger.

If you remove it and looking at it you will notice that small ramp i was talking about where the trigger makes contact with it.

Now turn it around so the side of it which was facing upwards it now facing downwards, screw it back in and see how it fits, it should be conflicting with some other parts of the gearbox but when in safe mode instead of presenting the trigger a ramp it presents the flat side to it fully putting it in safe and stops slipping. Remove the safety lever, file it down accordingly only a little bit at a time refitting it each time the wrong way around until its able to move freely clearing all parts of the gearbox.

Once done put the gun back together, test the safety selector and trigger to ensure safety holds and fire a few test shots to ensure that the gearbox works and fires as it should, use a chronograph to test the FPS to ensure that you have a good air seal, if you dont have a chronograph lookup in Google poor mans chrono, hope you like drinking coke.

I do some Youtube videos related to Airsoft of which i do AEG reviews and disassemblies, my MP5 was next on the list and i will be touching on that point as i had the same issue so keep a looking out for it.

Ah right thanks. I sent it back and they fixed it for free. They said I had pulled through safety. So they fitted a different style of safety to fix it.

By the way I'm thinking of getting a front rail for my mp5. Would a TM front rail fit my g&g mp5?

• Supporters

Ah right thanks. I sent it back and they fixed it for free. They said I had pulled through safety. So they fitted a different style of safety to fix it.

By the way I'm thinking of getting a front rail for my mp5. Would a TM front rail fit my g&g mp5?

Hi mate

Let me also help you there, the short answer is the TM MP5 Rail I assume you mean this one: http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/parts-c8/external-parts-c97/r-i-s-ii-for-mp5a4-a5-p1069

Will NOT fit your G&G MP5 its for TM compatible MP5s and G&G makes a completely different type of handguard.

I have managed to get it to fit my G&G MP5 but it required a significant amount of dremelling and re shaping to get it to fit, if you want i can show you pictures of what the differences are and how i managed to make it fit.

Yeah that would be helpful. I've got mine to fit by making a hook so it fits like the g&g rail but it's not great.

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Hi bit late coming but i finally got round to doing the MP5 video review as well as touching on the MP5 RIS Rail compatibility and the safety lever issue too, see it here:

https://youtu.be/_QmCzqee2mg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.