sight/optic for an hk 416?

lgmiles

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys i am going to purchase a HK 416 of some sort and wish to get a optic with it. I was wondering if you have any advice or experience with any and what would work best. I am open to just about anything so any advice will be appreciated.

cheers, Louis

• Supporters

Where do you play? Most of the time a clone Aimpoint red dot will do for the majority of airsoft situations. Personally when I played outdoors I used an ACOG as I'm a bit short sighted and it was a huge boon for team ident, but otherwise you don't really need the magnification (or the associated weight) that glass brings.

I find all the EoTech clones have really bad reflection on the rear glass hence I'd personally go for a copy of an Aimpoint. The glass is often still very reflective but the window is much smaller so less of an issue. If you can I'd look at some red dots in person, that way you can check the glass. I've bought some cheap ACM optics before that had horrendous brown-tinted glass and gave a really terrible sight picture. If it's for an AEG (not electric recoil or gas) then you generally don't need to worry too much about exactly which one you pick.

I've used Eotech, red dot, c-more reflex, T1 and iron sights.

Out of all, my favourite to use is the C-More reflex sight. It has great eye relief, very low profile, enables you to aim with both eyes open and looks great.

Got mine from JD airsoft, Cannock, Staffs:

https://jdairsoft.net/element-seemore-railway-reflex-red-dot-black

Not sure how one would look on a HK, I have used mine on my Scar-L and Honey Badger - both looked great!

In all honesty though, with sights, it all comes down to personal preference. I don't have 2 of the same optic - I have 6 guns with optics on, all of which are different! Something I would advise against however, is a flip to side scope unless you have a DMR, as it can just get in the way if you are running an aeg.

• Supporters

The Eotech 551/552 clones look really tidy IMO and that's what I ran on mine till the glass got shot out. I'd recommend getting some form of lense/glass protector as the person I bought it from advised me to lol. I'd agree with The FNG its more preference than anything else. Things like range markings that the ACOGs have are useful on a real gun, but not so much on an airsoft gun - although if you like the style of the scope go for it.

On my G36C I've got aimpoint magnifyer and aimpoint red dot but use the magnifyer for long range looking and on my M4 is the integrated carry handle with a reflex dot sight & flip up front sight

My sons M4 just has battle sights

Because we're in close proximity of each other on the play field, a magnifyer is only really any good for the snipers, a red dot sight would be better cause of what was said above

I've had G&P 30mm Aimpoint clones for years now. I have 2 at the moment, neither have ever let me down- some people have experienced problems with them while using the sight on a GBBR though- the rattling shakes the internal systems too much in some cases.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.