Would it be worth buying this?

F15
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...&id=CO84DIS

I a link to buy a battery discharger for airsoft batteries. I currently own a 1300mah 8.4 volt battery. Would it be worth upgrading with to a battery with a higher amphour rating?

Would this allow the battery to last longer in combat?

Would the battery discharger be a good idea to keep the batteries in good condition?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Is it a Nimh battery? I don't really see the need to discharge those and never have done myself.

Yes, higher mah batteries will last you longer in combat and will infact give a slight increase in the ROF.

My best advice to keep batteries in good condition would be to buy a peak charger so that they are charged exactly.

You can get a good one from component-shop.co.uk for only £12.99 featuring

Discharger for Nicd's

Peak charging

300 or 600ma charge rate

If you go to www.component-shop.co.uk , then click "Batteries", then hover over "Airsoft etc", then choose "Airsoft Chargers" you can see the range, along with the one I just mentioned.

Hope this helps :)

Is it a Nimh battery? I don't really see the need to discharge those and never have done myself.

Yes, higher mah batteries will last you longer in combat and will infact give a slight increase in the ROF.

My best advice to keep batteries in good condition would be to buy a peak charger so that they are charged exactly.

You can get a good one from component-shop.co.uk for only £12.99 featuring

Discharger for Nicd's

Peak charging

300 or 600ma charge rate

If you go to www.component-shop.co.uk , then click "Batteries", then hover over "Airsoft etc", then choose "Airsoft Chargers" you can see the range, along with the one I just mentioned.

Hope this helps :)

i guess it is that kind of battery that you just mentioned, why is it better to have a paek charger than to just charge it from the mains?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Your still using the mains to power it, what I'm saying is it charges at a faster rate (especially if you get the good ones) and it stops charging exactly when the battery becomes full. If you just plug the battery in with the trickle and leave it for the time it says in the manual you won't necessarily be doing that - it could be under or overcharged.

great thanks.

would it matter if i get a 300/600mA , 500/100mA, or 1000/2000mA charger?

Is this just the time it would take to charge it fully? Larger numbers would charge the battery quicker I guess?

Is there any disadvantage of charging it quickly?

It says that they have a discharge function for NiCd packs however my battery is NI-MH, do these batteries not need to be discharged/exercised as you mentioned earlier?

Also does a 9.6v battery give a greater rate of fire than my 8.4v, or does it overstress the gears etc?

Sorry for all the questions you just seem to know your stuff xD

• AF-UK Founding Member

Yes the others will charge faster. However you wouldn't want to charge your 1300mah battery over 1C. By this I mean you wouldnt want to charge at a rate over 1300mA or 1.3A. The 300/600 charger would be fine, so would the 500/1000 charger, but the 1000/2000 charger would sort of be a waste because you cannot use the 2000 function unless you were to get another, better battery.

Charging it quickly usually means the battery will have a bit more punch when you use it, but not last as long.

They only have the discharge function on Nicd's because they are meant to be discharged, and like I said before and mentioned in the other thread it's not essential to discharge Nimh's but it has it's disadvantages also. (When I used Nicd's I never discharged them xD and my sole remaining decent Nicd is still good after 2 years with no discharging)

Yes a 9.6v battery will give you a greater rate of fire, yes it does put more strain on the gun, I wouldn't use it if you only have a clone.

Archived