M14?? and...

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i want to sell my s*** KG36c as i dont like it,i am thinking of getting a Cyber gun/CYMA Socom M14 thingy as it looks good for woodland, and i held one, it isn't too heavy, also i would need it 2 toned, or could i paint it without anyone, except you guys now, knowing?

please help thanks

-Zakaria

EDIT

and say my dads friend was given it, so he gave it to me? or is that illegal, should i just get someone with UKARA to buy it for me? by the way i dont know anyone with UKARA so could i just do a GOOOD Paint job so they cant tell? <<<NOT HAPPENING

• Supporters

Are you basically asking you want someone to buy you an M14 non 2 tone without having a UKARA license, if your over 18 it is possible all you need to do is tell the seller to contact your local site and they should have your back and see you play regularly thus making you a regular player although most people will only take UKARA as proof.

On the other hand most people are willing to 2 tone for you a little fee.

What make is the G36?

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's a KWA.

I think it might be worth you trying out an MP5, they're usually nice and light if you find a plastic model.

As we've said before about all the painting etc, it is illegal, and if you do plan to do such a thing, then I suggest you don't talk about it on a public forum because we will let people know. It's in the interest of the sport that we don't have things like this happen.

Ok a member at my site said, "Just paint it black, that's what i would do." so i thought it was ok, also as Matt (Devastator) said to Matt! it is a KWA KG36c 2gx, from this forum, he said on MSN to me, it was all fine when he used it, i think he was a Homo, (Sorry for language, if that was bad language?) but sorry about talking about the spraying of a gun...

Thanks though,

-Zakaria

• AF-UK Founding Member

That's his opinion not the law. People telling you what they would do or how they think it should be doesn't make it right for you to do it.

Stick within the law, it's the best option, the two tone isn't that much of a hinderance, and I'd rather see two tones about than dodgey spray jobs and having people think they know better.

That's his opinion not the law. People telling you what they would do or how they think it should be doesn't make it right for you to do it.

Stick within the law, it's the best option, the two tone isn't that much of a hinderance, and I'd rather see two tones about than dodgey spray jobs and having people think they know better.

ok and does anyone know where i can get a clear m14 stock? i prefer clear to the green and blue and orange

also this is a different thing, but when i went to my local airsoft shop, there was half an ARES PPsh-41, i asked where the other part was, he was painting it 2 tone for someone, hehe

yh but this isn't gas, it is some crap 2nd hand gun from a guy on here, the hand guard, has 3 front metal rails, the bottom rail is secured by the front and the back, the front is fine (At the sling points) the back is s*** the screw fell out in the first warm up game, and when i went to put my gun off full auto to semi, i realised the left hand side selector switch fell off, it may not be KWA, just the guy is a ######...i dont know, but it pissed me off, it shoots ok, mmm i dont particularly like the range (i didn't have the time to adjust the hop up), so really it is the external that is damaged,

-Zakaria

• Supporters
ok and does anyone know where i can get a clear m14 stock? i prefer clear to the green and blue and orange

Theres nothing wrong wrapping up the gun with scrim scarves once on site (ive seen a lot of people do it, adds a nice effect the gun and blocks out the bright colours)

bit like this

main_m_200_ghillie.jpg

P1010723.jpg

please note that when your off site remove the ghille!

this is fully legal (if you don't believe me read on the UKARA website)

and by GB I meant Gearbox :) not Gas Blowback (GBB)

Oh ok lol, and the Ghillie is a good idea, just that im not too good at it, i could get some camo tape though, thanks guys for the help, also...actually don't worry

• AF-UK Founding Member

Your problems with the G36 aren't exactly serious and aren't anything some new screws and a screwdriver can't fix.

If you haven't even had time to set the hop etc, I suggesr you perhaps spend a bit more time with it before getting rid of it and trying something else.

It might be wise to rent more or ask other people if you can have a hold of what they've got just to see how it feels, it's a lot better than going in blind again.

hehe ok, but i had the gun on thursday and the battery on saturday, then skirmish on sunday. so i had almost NO time to shoot it, i mean i couldve gone to the shooting range on site, but it had people with their gas pistols, in the cold= funny as hell! also i had a hold (like i said) of the M14 it feels nice and comfortable and easily awesome for woodland and this time i will have plenty of time to adjust hop up :) but i will probabaly do that with my dad as he will either shoot and i will tell him to adjust or vice versa

thanks again

hehe

-Zak

what's up with the G36 for woodland? I'm sure with a decent hop setting you wouldn't be too far off the range an m14 would give.

meh, i just dont like it, all this metal front rails and stuff, i prefer the ABS stock of an M14 as it makes it lighter than the KWA G36c's polymer body, and add on my lack of strength, also M14 are sexy and nice,

• Supporters

After using both weapons, I can clearly tell you that M14 is MUCH heavier!

The m14 stock may be ABS but the sheer amount of metal from the bolt and barrel stack up to around 10 lbs

get a front grip on that G36C and you shouldn't have a problem it almost sounds like your looking for an excuse to get rid of it :P sounds like very easy fixes if your worried about range get a silencer and a longer barrel in it. KWA is a very nice make, if you sell it you are going to be wasting so much money. this is just my opinion hopefully I've changed your view on the whole situation, the fire selector switch is a very common problem among G36's across the board. RIS rails aren't that heavy and a front grip should sort it if your struggling to support the weight but you can always take them off?

hi,

I also have to have two tone guns <_<

I herd that a good online shop is Wolf Armories, they will strip and paint any gun they have on there website usually blue for about £10 BUT it has to be from their website so you will need to have a look and see if they have it in stock.

Also wraping you gun in strips of some sort of black or green material blocks out all the clolour and if you do it well it gives it quite a cool look :)

This is just what i am planning to do as i have seen other people doing it

link to wolf armories

hi,

I also have to have two tone guns <_<

I herd that a good online shop is Wolf Armories, they will strip and paint any gun they have on there website usually blue for about £10 BUT it has to be from their website so you will need to have a look and see if they have it in stock.

Also wraping you gun in strips of some sort of black or green material blocks out all the clolour and if you do it well it gives it quite a cool look :)

This is just what i am planning to do as i have seen other people doing it

link to wolf armories

yh mate, but my local shop does it for free and the M14 is in stock now, and if it wasn't at Xmas he is getting a new batch in then as well so yeah and Matt i think you are right, i just dont want to keep it anymore just that i am going to stick with the M14 and add better hop up units, etc, also i did have a grip and yh i just think i need an excuse to get rid of it

-Zakaria

ok guys i know you are pros at this section, but i just compared (yesterday)a cybergun m14 to the kwa g36c, m14 was lighter, also this is the socom version

• Supporters

I would seriously go back and hold it shouldered for a while, then imagine carrying about for an entire day, if you struggle with a G36 you WILL struggle with an m14 I just don't see how you could say it was lighter, Socom or not. but if yours mind set on an m14 go for it.

I would seriously go back and hold it shouldered for a while, then imagine carrying about for an entire day, if you struggle with a G36 you WILL struggle with an m14 I just don't see how you could say it was lighter, Socom or not. but if yours mind set on an m14 go for it.

again i know that you guys know what your talking about but i think that one of the reasons i was strugling is that i had a base layer on, dpm (woodland) jacket, waterproof jacket, then a flipping huge coat and then a tactical vest...so um yeah a lot of weight on me, that was (call me a wuss) because i was scared that these guns would be quite powerful, so yeahh, but guys i hope you understand i am taking your advice, though i have been told that the M14 is a VERY good gun, and like 3+ people used it yesterday so um yh

-Zakaria

you sure it had the battery? M14's are notoriously not even in the slightest bit light.

may just have been the balance of the gun which you preferred with more weight in the sholder than on your arms with the G36

yes you are probably right dave and it did have the battery in, but it didnt have the mag in, though neither did my gun, my gun didnt have the battery in so umm

-Zak

• AF-UK Founding Member

As others have said I can't see the M14 working out better for you really. It might just be one of those things you have to get used to as you wouldn't normally use the muscles in your arm which are helping support it.

Were you using a sling so you didn't have to carry it around when you weren't actually using it?

As others have said I can't see the M14 working out better for you really. It might just be one of those things you have to get used to as you wouldn't normally use the muscles in your arm which are helping support it.

Were you using a sling so you didn't have to carry it around when you weren't actually using it?

i was using a sling, but it was still quite heavy also my friend made me get up at like 5 o clock...

• AF-UK Founding Member

Just stick with it, you've played 1 game right?

Airsoft might not even be for you, it might be better to carry on using your G36, unless your intent on getting rid of it then you should just rent for a couple of days imo. No point whatsoever in rushing things and throwing money down the drain.

Archived