Sopmod?

EverRoyalt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

can't say anything about the gun, but it is a high end marui, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

The accuracy on barrels can range masively, basically you want to have a tightbore (6.03) in an AEG as long as you can, but you don't have to get a huge one. CQB M4 lengths are fine if combined with a decent hop up and rubber.

I like to use my JG M4 as an example, I have 2 barrels, Range and CQB,

the range one is a madbull python 6.03mm at 590mm long (PSG-1 length) stuck though a massive supperssor. I have combined this with a madbull rubber and H bucking in a marui unit and my accuracy and range are phenominal

I use the stock barrel with stock Hop up unit with a classic army rubber in it and it gets fairly basic improvements on range and accurcay, perfect for CQB.

But then the improvements on teh CQB barrel cost me a fiver. the range barrel cost me nearly £100 all in, so really it depends on what you want to spend and as with everything else in airsoft YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

but the hop up effects accuracy much more than the barrel.

can't say anything about the gun, but it is a high end marui, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

The accuracy on barrels can range masively, basically you want to have a tightbore (6.03) in an AEG as long as you can, but you don't have to get a huge one. CQB M4 lengths are fine if combined with a decent hop up and rubber.

I like to use my JG M4 as an example, I have 2 barrels, Range and CQB,

the range one is a madbull python 6.03mm at 590mm long (PSG-1 length) stuck though a massive supperssor. I have combined this with a madbull rubber and H bucking in a marui unit and my accuracy and range are phenominal

I use the stock barrel with stock Hop up unit with a classic army rubber in it and it gets fairly basic improvements on range and accurcay, perfect for CQB.

But then the improvements on teh CQB barrel cost me a fiver. the range barrel cost me nearly £100 all in, so really it depends on what you want to spend and as with everything else in airsoft YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

but the hop up effects accuracy much more than the barrel.

Cool Thanks for Informaiton,

was Gona buy this SIG 552 Commando AEG ICS but this M4 caught my eye and i think i have changed my mind. Think that it will perform better than the sig?

I have one, and its very good overall. Give the cost of a setup, the issue with the standard batteries are a major drawback but if you get this fixed from the start you are on to a winner.

For range and reliability the TM next gen M4s are top notch. I lent mine to a mate. Normally he gets 5 kills in a day. He was raking up 15+ a game and couldn't keep a total count from the day.

Pros

All metal, good weight

small kick you get is very addictive, you wont want ot go back to a regular AEG. It really makes firing and kills more rewarding. Try one and you'll understand.

The realistic firing, stop and bolt release, when using mid caps is actually good fun to use. I sometimes alternate play from mid to high caps as the mags feed very well, so semi-auto can be totally relied upon.

RANGE BABY - you will be the envy of everyone (without one of these or a systema). They go for miles (slight exaggeration possibly!)

The CQB-R and the sopmod both have great range, you will not see a difference between them with the hop set right, so just go for the look you like. They also do an AK and a SCAR is coming out.

Cons

Low fps - mine was 290 out the box - can be upgraded to 350fps- special springs are a tenner. This increases range even more and makes your enemies hit taking more of a certainty.

Stock pipe nut and barrel nut need tightening regularly with all the shaking. Get a gunsmiths tool and keep them tight.

BATTERIES. Expect to spend some money sorting this out. The standard 'quick change' 8.4 NiMh are worthless, do not buy any. Make sure you get a lipo conversion from the shop you get it from. 7.4 lipo shoved down the tubes that the quick change fit is can last a day. sorted.

ROF - you will get a reasonable ROF but if you want minigun style 20 rps+ you will not get it on this recoil platform.

Mags, you will need the special mid caps to keep the bolt release feature working. You can by an adaptor though to allow you to use any standard M4 mags.

Good luck

I have one, and its very good overall. Give the cost of a setup, the issue with the standard batteries are a major drawback but if you get this fixed from the start you are on to a winner.

For range and reliability the TM next gen M4s are top notch. I lent mine to a mate. Normally he gets 5 kills in a day. He was raking up 15+ a game and couldn't keep a total count from the day.

Pros

All metal, good weight

small kick you get is very addictive, you wont want ot go back to a regular AEG. It really makes firing and kills more rewarding. Try one and you'll understand.

The realistic firing, stop and bolt release, when using mid caps is actually good fun to use. I sometimes alternate play from mid to high caps as the mags feed very well, so semi-auto can be totally relied upon.

RANGE BABY - you will be the envy of everyone (without one of these or a systema). They go for miles (slight exaggeration possibly!)

The CQB-R and the sopmod both have great range, you will not see a difference between them with the hop set right, so just go for the look you like. They also do an AK and a SCAR is coming out.

Cons

Low fps - mine was 290 out the box - can be upgraded to 350fps- special springs are a tenner. This increases range even more and makes your enemies hit taking more of a certainty.

Stock pipe nut and barrel nut need tightening regularly with all the shaking. Get a gunsmiths tool and keep them tight.

BATTERIES. Expect to spend some money sorting this out. The standard 'quick change' 8.4 NiMh are worthless, do not buy any. Make sure you get a lipo conversion from the shop you get it from. 7.4 lipo shoved down the tubes that the quick change fit is can last a day. sorted.

ROF - you will get a reasonable ROF but if you want minigun style 20 rps+ you will not get it on this recoil platform.

Mags, you will need the special mid caps to keep the bolt release feature working. You can by an adaptor though to allow you to use any standard M4 mags.

Good luck

Great thanks so much!

i am total sold on it now!

I am really taken by the CQB version, it think i will get that one if it is not much different from the full version.

Only probelm is i am ordering online because there are not local shops to me, will i be able to do the lipo convertion my slef?

And can i get the things i need online?

You said that "7.4 lipo shoved down the tubes that the quick change fit is can last a day. sorted." was just wondering what you ment by this? Do you mean that you can get lipos that can go straight in to the stock without convertion?

(also dose this have a bolt catch, so that the bolt stays back so that you can change the hop up with out hold back on the charging handle?)

First question on battery. Cheapest way to go lipo is to have a conversion which removes the quick change battery system. The lipo battery will still fit in the standard stock. You will just need to plug in a deans connector when you install it.

You can get quick change lipos. These are only made by one shop/person (eagle6) and cost £120+. A much more expensive way to do it. Not sure why you would want to do this is you haven't invested money on any of the Nimh quick change batteries (which don't work). You could have the conversion done and have two normal lipos for half that.

On the bolt release. It does not hold the cover back (that would be nice). It is linked to the gearbox switch and stop the trigger having any effect after a midcap runs out. There are you tube vids of this.. Redwolf etc.

The hopup is a new design and part of why the range is so good. You wont need to adjust it much, but it is a two hand job needing the charging handle held back while you rotate the hop.

Archived