How to charge/discharge Battery

F15
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I am new to airsofting and I own a classic army m15a4 tactical carbine. The battery is Ni-MH SC1300 mAh HP 8.4 volts.

In order to get the best life out of the battery how can i discharge the remaining charge after using it using a simple circuit?

Please can I have advice on what specific components I would need to do this.

Thanks

*Also is it normal, for when the battery is almost flat, for the gun to kind of jam and the fuse to burn out? I then have to replace the fuse and fire it again to return the gearbox back to its normal position.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I have replied to your other thread answering pretty much the same questions.

Battery charging guide can be found by looking in the guides section or just click below:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=36

It's worth just pulling the fuse out to be honest and just connecting it directly, it won't do you any favours with it constantly burning out. Once you sense it dropping off then is the time to change battery, don't run it so far down your jamming the gun. A higher capacity battery would ensure you got through the day.

I have replied to your other thread answering pretty much the same questions.

Battery charging guide can be found by looking in the guides section or just click below:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=36

It's worth just pulling the fuse out to be honest and just connecting it directly, it won't do you any favours with it constantly burning out. Once you sense it dropping off then is the time to change battery, don't run it so far down your jamming the gun. A higher capacity battery would ensure you got through the day.

ye whilst removing the fuse could help i am worried that it could damage the motor if i get a current spike, or is this very unlikely.

thanks for the advice about not running it so far down, i always thought that i had to run the battery completely flat to keep the battery life long.

somehow the battery seems to discharge by itself automaticcaly, for example if i charge it for 2 hours the day before use i can only manage about 20 shots on rapid automatic. i guess i should buy a bigger battery seeing as this one is only 1300mah

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well its arguable, some people will insist on running them right down and discharging them. However if they sit on the shelf for a bit they will lose charge anyways, so if you'd previously ran it right down you are in danger of deep discharging the cells.

Most I know have removed the fuse and had no problems, but its entirely upto you and what you feel comfortable doing.

Archived