im confuzzled?!

MZKaleem
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so is it illeagal for me to look for airsoft guns and ask my dad to buy it for me and give it to me? im 12 :) but i am REEEEAAAALLLYY into airsoft :P

Help me?!

-Zakaria

your dad can legally gift you a gun of your choice (as long as it is two tone)

money or services can't legally change hands though.

ok also, i would NEVER do this but say i had a M4 (2 tone which i dont) and i bought a fully black reciever like metal with Colt trade marks and stuff, could i buy it,like say the only two tone bit on my 2 tone gun was the reciever, but then if they asked then i said i have one that is 2 tone hand guard and 2 tone stock but a black reciever and i lied, would they sell it?

Also now i can tell my mate it is illeagal for his dads friend to buy him a BLACK L96 as a gift HAHA lol but seriously i would never do somthing that puts airsoft in danger...

-Zakaria

ooohh DAMNIT! But you see it is a friend. not a parent, so if we go with his dad to airsoft, then if they ask about the UKARA details, then he is screwed, no?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Why ask if you don't plan on doing it? The law isn't there for people to then try and bend around it, it's their to follow and everyone should do that.

If you are under 18 you can't purchase anything, you can only be gifted something.

If you are over 18 and don't have a defence e.g. UKARA then you can only purchase a 2 toned weapon.

If you are over 18 and have a defence e.g. UKARA then you can get an RIF.

• Supporters

It is NOT an offence for a minor to own a RIF/IF, the law does not restrict ownership, the law restricts purchasing.

So as long as his dad is UKARA registered or has some other form of legitimate defence (We regularly go to our local store and are on good terms with the owner, he knows we are skirmishers and has no problem selling us RIF's even though our UKARA has not come through yet) he is allowed to give you a RIF.

BUT no money can exchange hands, yes we all know that we get our parents to buy us our first TT gun and that is how it is, the authorities know it and don't seem to mind, the airsoft community in general doesn't have a problem with you giving your parents money to buy then gun as long as it is two tone.

I for one however would be fully against a minor buying a RIF from a someone with a legit defence.

ok i get it, lol also my review is on the forum now under the AEG Reviews section, cba to make a video, so i just typed it :)

Ok so now i understand both points also Devastator i was wondering if they would be stupid enough, as Dave/ Yourself may have said, it is about Payment not Ownership, so if they would actually sell it to you, then that would be kind of stupid of them, and basically helping manafacturing an RiF? so i was wondering if they would, just wanted to know? but dont worry as you said i dont need to know it.

-Zak

i am editing this post as Devastator posted as soon as i posted

It wouldn't be manufacture of a rif, that would be helping you spray it black, but it would be selling a RIF to a minor.

ahh ok, lol i am a n00b so i wouldnt know, lol i just say what i have heard from others...

Archived