SNOW SNOW SNOW

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So guys its about time someone B*tches (or dosnt) about the snow we are having

Now here in good old Jersey we have only had about 2 inches but to some off these Jersey folk thats 2 inches more then there uest too...

The only thing i truley hate about snow... is the people who drive in it (or carnt drive in it)

Now i drove for the first time in the snow today on my little 50cc scoot scoot and i spent abit of time planing my route... decideing weather or not its worth it... making sure i was protected if i did stack it

Then when i eventually got the bike started i was easy on the throttle easy on the back brake and i didnt even touch the front brake... and i was sound

But then i see poeple in massive 4 wheel drive people carryiers slipping and slideing both up and down the hill!! what is so hard about it!!

I know in england its a much worse situation but for god sake its 2 inches of snow and the whoel of Jersey has shut down!!

• AF-UK Founding Member

Usually the 'Chelsea tractors' weigh a lot so they will be pushing down on the ice a lot more, and hence be spinning up and sliding all over. Where as in a small car or if you are very cautious on a moped like yourself, you sort of skate over the ice more.

Try to think about when you walk on ice, you try and put as lighter weight down as possible.

The other factor is that people panic, and will usually do the opposite of what is good for them. High revs etc will never work :lol:

People aren't taught about icy conditions and to scrub all their speed off before they go down a slippery hill, or to gain momentum before they go up one (most people would slow right down, and then fail to get up unless they managed to keep low revs and choose the correct gear). Hardly anyone will have skid pan experience, and know about applying opposite lock. Most wouldn't remember that it takes '10 times longer to stop on ice'. Most would leave the usual distance between other cars and not have a much bigger gap etc.

Nothing will change until they include more education as to driving in these conditions I'm afraid.

Nothing will change until they include more education as to driving in these conditions I'm afraid.

But, it's also like the trains too.

"What? Snow, in Britain?! Never! Quick, sell all the snowploughs and cold-weather equipment, we'll never need it!"

Yeah, thanks Gordon <_<

Stuck in London on Monday night for 2 and a half hours (ontop of other delays) because of this, as our train back to Wakefied/Leeds was cancelled due to heavy snow 'oop north'.

Currently have about 9 inches of snow on my street (a steep hill, with the only entry at the top), and more falling.

• AF-UK Founding Member

We could have a post a picture of how much snow you have competition here.. :lol:

Unfortunately I would be out straight away as there is hardly anything in Aberystwyth, it is bloody cold though!

I made a snowman the yesterday, more out of boredom than anything.

Looking at 'him' now, and the hat and scarf I put on 'him' are under a good 9 inches of snow. It really does look like I piled all the snow from my garden into a 5ft pile, then the snow fell again...

• Supporters

matt ur missing out ;) i had about 4 inches on my car, til my mum brushed it off today <_<

wow you guys are really lucky!! i have like 5mm of snow here in Hertfordshire!!!!!!

Dammit, also Dave, should have used the snow man as a shooting target :) haha BOOM HEAD SHOT!!!

-Zak

were tempted to make one specifivally for that, but mum arrived home before we could get the guns out

HAHA that is just quite funny,

Dave: Quick get the guns and ammo out!

Mum: I'm HOME!

Dave: Quick put the guns and ammo away!

Mum: What was that...?

Dave:It was uh... the toilet...

Mum: Oooohhh ok

Dave: Phew :)

hehe

If I wasn't so dam proud of my work (Comrade Leader Snowlin :lol:) and worried about any adverse effects -6degrees might have on my Saytie-Six, I was tempted to shoot my snowman :lol:

Once again it looks like I'll be stuck at home tomorrow.

It's really annoying that in comparison to my college mates and skirmishing buddies, I live in the middle of no-where. I'm slowly being driven insane by boredom...

• AF-UK Founding Member
If I wasn't so dam proud of my work (Comrade Leader Snowlin :lol:) and worried about any adverse effects -6degrees might have on my Saytie-Six, I was tempted to shoot my snowman :lol:

Once again it looks like I'll be stuck at home tomorrow.

It's really annoying that in comparison to my college mates and skirmishing buddies, I live in the middle of no-where. I'm slowly being driven insane by boredom...

You get to spend more time on the forums what are you complaining about :P

problem is, he ISNT in the middle of nowhere, he is rather near our local gun police unit.... the very trigger happy wakefield lads.

anything gun shaped, even airsofting and two tone will get 3 in the head

use the snow man as the decoy and set up an ambush :P

You know what tht reminded me off when you said "use the snowman as a decoy"

For some reason i thought.... i wonder if some gamer kid will attempt to use the snowman as a hologram decoy you get on Halo Reach XP

Dont ask me y....

Haha this is quite fun this topic, also the Hologram Decoy Snowman Reach thing was a nice idea, now i hope it snows when i go skirmishing,

Also you guys probably all go to College or have finished that shizz? well i am just not at school cos i feel soo bad, and my stomach kills,

And...I got like 1 cm of SNOW !!!! yay :P

haha anyway my KWA should come today, is it isnt snowing TOO hard...

• Supporters

ill get some pics on later of the snow here, just to wind dev up :P

Oh you lucky, with all that snow... i wish i was that lucky :)

That's nothing ;)

Haha, wonder what you have over there, ha we have...nothing..well almost nothing

(btw a bit off topic but my KWA G36c arrived :D)

Archived