The purpose of a 'Delayer'

REMSoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there guys. I've been ordering some parts for some gearbox reworking, and I came a part that sits on the spur gear. I was wondering what exactly it delays and how that can be useful? From the URL I'm guessing the hopup feature...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Element-Copper-Delay...f#ht_3307wt_905

• Supporters
Hey there guys. I've been ordering some parts for some gearbox reworking, and I came a part that sits on the spur gear. I was wondering what exactly it delays and how that can be useful? From the URL I'm guessing the hopup feature...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Element-Copper-Delay...f#ht_3307wt_905

that picture on the package is a gear from a gearbox, so could be some kind of Burst mechanism that delays the guns full rotation i have no idea btw just guessing :)

that picture on the package is a gear from a gearbox, so could be some kind of Burst mechanism that delays the guns full rotation i have no idea btw just guessing :)

Thanks, anyway. A burst fire AUG... That sound nice :D

• AF-UK Founding Member

A very small, very clever component.

This tappet plate delayer prevents misfeeds in AEGs with a very high rate of fire. It fits over the sector gear and closes the gap between the gear and the tappet plate as it passes over. This delays the return of the tappet plate momentarily resulting in no misfeeds with high rate of fire gearboxes.

I have never heard it being called a "delayer". That ad is very misleading it says "for AEG hop-up" for some reason.

We always call it a sector clip. Basically its what devastator said. It goes onto the sector gear and both releases stress and better controls the tappet plate and feeding. Regardless of if your gun is high speed I would recommend getting one because of its benefits.

A very small, very clever component.

This tappet plate delayer prevents misfeeds in AEGs with a very high rate of fire. It fits over the sector gear and closes the gap between the gear and the tappet plate as it passes over. This delays the return of the tappet plate momentarily resulting in no misfeeds with high rate of fire gearboxes.

That clears it up. Thanks!

I have never heard it being called a "delayer". That ad is very misleading it says "for AEG hop-up" for some reason.

We always call it a sector clip. Basically its what devastator said. It goes onto the sector gear and both releases stress and better controls the tappet plate and feeding. Regardless of if your gun is high speed I would recommend getting one because of its benefits.

Will do. Thanks!

Archived