TM Five-Seven & Gas

Ashilta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hullo team!

I'm a new airsofter and have taken ownership of a Tokyo Marui 5-7 as one of my first weapons. Now, I've done some reading and can't find anything definitive, however the previous owner of the 5-7 has basically said I can only use 'low powered' green gas. Others are telling me that red gas should be fine, and some reviews/articles I've read have basically said use what you like.

Is there a definitive measure of what I can and can't use, or is there anyone on here with experience of using different types of Gas?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hiya mate,

I own to 5-7's, both Marui. I have used Abbey Ultra in both and had no issue. I have also used WE green gas however it doesn't respond as well to it asit doesn't feed into the mags that well. In the cold, they have struggled. I have tried the Nurpol red (3.0) and that dried out the o rings inside...but it does work in the cold.

As a plastic slided weapon, it is advised to use red or some lower green gases due to the lower strength in the pastic...however I know a guy from Anzio that has ran propane in his plastic framed TM G17 for 2 years with no issue!

My personal preference is Abbey Ultra - struggles in the cold atm but in the Summer it is very crisp and powerful blowback. Hope this helps :)

Yeah I was gonna say use Abbey 134a gas (the lower powered stuff) but it seems most people use green gas in theirs. The newer models are definitely more robust and I think Marui have made them so they can withstand more powerful gases. Just really applies to their older guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.