Post your *Gaming* PC setup thread

SimonQuigley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got a mardi gras girl smoking on my right bicep.

This on my right arm just under my wrist;

902ed12cce255fb7d810f2c86f3a5e9b.jpg

Next one I am going for is a female stormtrooper surrounded by roses in the traditional syle of tattoo with red shading and thick black outlines. Completely custom and being drawn and done professionally by an award winning parlour.

Hence why I have ath-m50's through a fii0 e10 with a modmic 3 on

Ahaha i watched Neon Genesis this weekend, assuming that were you got the image from? I'd forgotten how much of a Freudian head-fuk it gets and kinda skipped through alot of the last few episodes (the redone ones)

uiAomzv.jpg

Basically i spent about £3k at overclockers.co.uk, was on sale from about £4k as was just before another line of intel cpu came out. Beauty of working for my own IT ltd company is it's a company asset and pretty much paid for by my tax&VAT

I've got a 6core i7k overclocked to about 4.5ghz

2 x titan in crossfire

32gb 2400 RAM (i do actually have music&3D software to use it) Might only be 16gb in there in this pic, got free upgrade after the CPU went bang, along with the latest k series cpu that had prompted the pc to be put on sale in the first place.

2 x 512 SSD

Can't see it in the pic but I've got a MOTU 24i/o soundcard, think can just see the corner of the pci card it connects to.

i refused to buy one of the overclockers '8pack' series as anyone who calls themself '8pack' is a d*ckhead of petre andre proportions, and all the pictures of him flexing/frowning infront the PC's seemed to confirm this. So got this 'Infinity' series one instead with a similar spec.

i could have built this myself and saved about £500, but doing it this way meant i could buy a 3 year warranty, and have it picked up and repaired/replaced everytime something goes bang from overclock.

Ahaha i watched Neon Genesis this weekend, assuming that were you got the image from? I'd forgotten how much of a Freudian head-fuk it gets and kinda skipped through alot of the last few episodes (the redone ones)

it all comes

tumbling down, tumbling down,

tumbling down,

Yeah my favourite series and movies of anything of all time, seen them well over 100 times. I don't watch anime anymore as nothing is good or can top eva. Asuka best girl.

I am a huge eva geek.

Because I work in retail and speak to a lot of customer they all ask if it's an illuminati tattoo haha.

it all comes

tumbling down, tumbling down,

tumbling down,

Yeah my favourite series and movies of anything of all time, seen them well over 100 times. I don't watch anime anymore as nothing is good or can top eva. Asuka best girl.

I am a huge eva geek.

Because I work in retail and speak to a lot of customer they all ask if it's an illuminati tattoo haha.

It's definately in my top 3 but my favourite anime has to be Ghost in the Shell.

But if you like giant robots then all the rest, gundam etc isn't fit to lick entry-plug of an Eva :)

Ahaha tell them it is the illuminati and ask them if they want to know the secret handshake.

As a kid i worked in a very exclusive golf-club on the bar, there was this one bar-hugging alcy that always used to bitch about the members being free-masons and how he'd been kind of banished by them although he still held his token position at the local lodge. He used to rant about free-masons having a link to the supposed illuminati at a high level. He insisted that there was a secret masonic handshake, and strict protocols involving it depending on your rank and the rank of the persons hand you were shaking. He showed me it and it essentially involved linking 4,5th fingers or tapping the persons using yours, depending on the rank and where the lodge ring was on the finger. After months of nagging/teasing he finally convinced me to attempt a masonic handshake with one the high-ranking club members, who he particularily detested and was a guy who insisted on shaking everyones hand all the time anyways. So i did it, he went to shake my hand, i switched to the left hand and tapped his 4th and 5th fingers with my own, twice. He stopped and looked at me like i'd just slapped his balls. He walks away and goes up to my manager, they go into his office for about 10 minutes. My boss then calls me into the office and tells me I'm being moved to work in the kitchen, and am free to resign if i don't want to do that. I took the kitchen job and lasted about a month before i found a better job.

To this day i've no idea if i was moved to the kitchen because i actually used a 'masonic handshake', or because i'd simply tickled this guys hand and he thought it was some kind of stroaking gay come-on :)

It's definately in my top 3 but my favourite anime has to be Ghost in the Shell.

But if you like giant robots then all the rest, gundam etc isn't fit to lick entry-plug of an Eva :)

Ahaha tell them it is the illuminati and ask them if they want to know the secret handshake.

As a kid i worked in a very exclusive golf-club on the bar, there was this one bar-hugging alcy that always used to bitch about the members being free-masons and how he'd been kind of banished by them although he still held his token position at the local lodge. He used to rant about free-masons having a link to the supposed illuminati at a high level. He insisted that there was a secret masonic handshake, and strict protocols involving it depending on your rank and the rank of the persons hand you were shaking. He showed me it and it essentially involved linking 4,5th fingers or tapping the persons using yours, depending on the rank and where the lodge ring was on the finger. After months of nagging/teasing he finally convinced me to attempt a masonic handshake with one the high-ranking club members, who he particularily detested and was a guy who insisted on shaking everyones hand all the time anyways. So i did it, he went to shake my hand, i switched to the left hand and tapped his 4th and 5th fingers with my own, twice. He stopped and looked at me like i'd just slapped his balls. He walks away and goes up to my manager, they go into his office for about 10 minutes. My boss then calls me into the office and tells me I'm being moved to work in the kitchen, and am free to resign if i don't want to do that. I took the kitchen job and lasted about a month before i found a better job.

To this day i've no idea if i was moved to the kitchen because i actually used a 'masonic handshake', or because i'd simply tickled this guys hand and he thought it was some kind of stroaking gay come-on :)

i have actually done a lot of masonic research and I call bullshit on what most of that guy says.

Being a freemason is basically learning how to be a better man and how to help people.

Sure there are silly rituals, but they teach life lessons and morals.

One I read about is where you are topless and a sword is placed upon your throat/chest and you lean into it, it does not pierce but it shows trust to your fellow lodge members.

All these illuminati stuff from what I have researched is wrong and made up.

I am not a freemason myself and I doubt I will be as you have to believe in a higher spirit i.e. a deity such as god etc, but I am an atheist.

They don't really have secret handshakes or anything, masons just know other masons as their network is huge.

i have actually done a lot of masonic research and I call bullshit on what most of that guy says.

Being a freemason is basically learning how to be a better man and how to help people.

Sure there are silly rituals, but they teach life lessons and morals.

One I read about is where you are topless and a sword is placed upon your throat/chest and you lean into it, it does not pierce but it shows trust to your fellow lodge members.

All these illuminati stuff from what I have researched is wrong and made up.

I am not a freemason myself and I doubt I will be as you have to believe in a higher spirit i.e. a deity such as god etc, but I am an atheist.

They don't really have secret handshakes or anything, masons just know other masons as their network is huge.

Agreed, it's just a club and any 'conspiracy' related to it is no more than club members favouring putting their business to other club members where possible.

I think the alcy was mostly bullshitting, and any 'shunning' experienced by him was due to him failing to maintain the level of behavior and brotherhood expected.

There probably are even more exclusive clubs for more powerful/richer people, but i don't think the world is that organised, and 'illuminati' etc just wishful thinking as that kind of power and organisation is a comforting thought compared to chaos and pragmatic opportunism.

Agreed, it's just a club and any 'conspiracy' related to it is no more than club members favouring putting their business to other club members where possible.

I think the alcy was mostly bullshitting, and any 'shunning' experienced by him was due to him failing to maintain the level of behavior and brotherhood expected.

There probably are even more exclusive clubs for more powerful/richer people, but i don't think the world is that organised, and 'illuminati' etc just wishful thinking as that kind of power and organisation is a comforting thought compared to chaos and pragmatic opportunism.

Agreed.

There are a few clubs that are very hidden in the world which are truly messed up but they stay hidden for a reason.

Then you get stuff like Disney lands club 33.

anyone who calls themself '8pack' is a d*ckhead of petre andre proportions

haha I know someone who owns petre andre's old california xD

very very nice pc there mate, jealous!

haha I know someone who owns petre andre's old california xD

very very nice pc there mate, jealous!

and now he gets the bus to his nearest Iceland...

i hope he got it for a good price as giving Peter Andre a full ferrari's worth of cash could count as helping to perpetuate Petre Andre... Although it'd prob be more a case of funding Jordan via child-support payments, which is worse hehe.

Yeah it's a beauty, most expensive thing i've ever bought. Haven't been able to get my money's worth out of it for sure, barely get a chance to play with it! Still, feels appropriate owning a veritable super-computer when work in IT.

But it's still very much the PC equivalent of buying a brand-new Systema PTW and a bunch of real-steal body parts/accessories and then only going to a skirmish once every month or two :)

• 2 weeks later...

i think the best bet would be to get what I have. Just done some research and it turns out that razer was probably making mice better back years ago than they do now.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1128321/the-deathadder-megathread

best to read this thread about the 3.5g

also note this thread

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

no acceleration or prediction blah blah, you will notice it, hop inot cod advanced warfare (auto acceleration) and you will be sick lol

so the sensor is: Avago ADNS S3888

googling that shows that it is flawless, meaning no jittering so a good sensor in other words.

I believe that pretty much razer's old mice are better quality, last longer as well and are really cheap now.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=razer+deathadder+3500dpi&tbm=shop

you just have to be careful, i think if you get really cheap OEM's then synapse cannot be used meaning like no software to configure your mouse, although synapse is sometimes annoying it is quite useful for changing settings.

EDIT: oh yeah, basically the new razer deathadders have updated sensors for more DPI but they haven't really changed anything else so the older versions have nice sensors, my mouse is really on point and feels great. 3500 dpi is perfect for me as well, I cba to pay like double the price for more colour changes than just blue (RGB) and 10,000dpi when 3500 is adequate for me :)

i think the best bet would be to get what I have. Just done some research and it turns out that razer was probably making mice better back years ago than they do now.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1128321/the-deathadder-megathread

best to read this thread about the 3.5g

also note this thread

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

no acceleration or prediction blah blah, you will notice it, hop inot cod advanced warfare (auto acceleration) and you will be sick lol

so the sensor is: Avago ADNS S3888

googling that shows that it is flawless, meaning no jittering so a good sensor in other words.

I believe that pretty much razer's old mice are better quality, last longer as well and are really cheap now.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=razer+deathadder+3500dpi&tbm=shop

you just have to be careful, i think if you get really cheap OEM's then synapse cannot be used meaning like no software to configure your mouse, although synapse is sometimes annoying it is quite useful for changing settings.

EDIT: oh yeah, basically the new razer deathadders have updated sensors for more DPI but they haven't really changed anything else so the older versions have nice sensors, my mouse is really on point and feels great. 3500 dpi is perfect for me as well, I cba to pay like double the price for more colour changes than just blue (RGB) and 10,000dpi when 3500 is adequate for me :)

I feel quite silly now because i wrote deathadder instead of deathstalker, curse razer for similar names! Sorry bro, but now i am well informed on razer mice ;)

I feel quite silly now because i wrote deathadder instead of deathstalker, curse razer for similar names! Sorry bro, but now i am well informed on razer mice ;)

haha no problems, I now know more on my mouse than i did before so useful for me xD, can do some research, but if the deathstalker is the keyboard then I would suggest not getting it, due to the cheap switches they use

• 4 weeks later...

Mother board: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K [4.0 GHz default clock, not OC'ed]

Processor Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3

Graphic card: Asus GTX 980 DC2 OC Strix 4GB GDDR5 (256 Bit)

Memory: G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x8GB 2666MHz CL11 XMP + Turbulence

Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX

Power supply: Enermax Platimax EPM 750 AWT

Case: IN WIN BUC 666

Headphones: Creative HS-800 Fatality Gaming

Speakers: Creative Inspire T6300

Microphone: Blue Yeti

Screen: EIZO FG2421

Keyboard: Gigabyte Force K7

Mouse: Logitech B100

Mouse pad: A4-Tech X7 Gaming

Gamepad: Microsoft Xbox One

I can say, Im happy, finally. Not a single game that I couldnt run maxed. The most demanding one, is the Arma 3, though I have never liked any sorft of bloom, and AA.

• Supporters

Mother board: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K [4.0 GHz default clock, not OC'ed]

Processor Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3

Graphic card: Asus GTX 980 DC2 OC Strix 4GB GDDR5 (256 Bit)

Memory: G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2x8GB 2666MHz CL11 XMP + Turbulence

Sound card: ASUS Xonar DX

Power supply: Enermax Platimax EPM 750 AWT

Case: IN WIN BUC 666

Headphones: Creative HS-800 Fatality Gaming

Speakers: Creative Inspire T6300

Microphone: Blue Yeti

Screen: EIZO FG2421

Keyboard: Gigabyte Force K7

Mouse: Logitech B100

Mouse pad: A4-Tech X7 Gaming

Gamepad: Microsoft Xbox One

I can say, Im happy, finally. Not a single game that I couldnt run maxed. The most demanding one, is the Arma 3, though I have never liked any sorft of bloom, and AA.

I cant even afford that mousepad :)

Solid quality mouse pad available at low price. It has "Gaming" in the name, but its not from one of these "gaming" companies, if you know what I mean. You might get Fellowes Microban, its pretty much the same. Mine got a bit dirty - reasong of getting something "new".

Computer type PC/Desktop
System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom Build
OS Windows 8.1
CPU Intel i5 3750k OC'd 4.0Ghz
Motherboard P8Z77-V LX3
Memory 16GB Vengence Corsair
Graphics Card GTX 770 OC 2GB Windforce
Sound Card C-Media 7.1 Surround Card
Monitor(s) Displays Asus 3D 23" & BenQ 24" & LG 19"
Screen Resolution 1920*1080, 1920*1080, 1440*900
Keyboard Corsair k95
Mouse R.A.T 7 Contagion
PSU 850MW Silverstone
Case inWin DragonRider
Cooling 4 * 140mm LED Akasa, One 140mm Fan Akasa
Hard Drives Crucial 512GB SSD / WD 1.5 TB / WD 500Gb
Internet Speed 152 Mb Fiber Optic
Antivirus ESET Nod32
Browser Waterfox x64 / Chrome x64

Other Info Freenas / Plex Media server Q6600 6Gb DDR3 6TB ZFS Raid 500W PSu 2 x Intel NIC's
X-post from my other forums :P

Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 7
Case Bitfenix Ronin
CPU Intel i7 4790k 4.0Ghz
Cooler H80i
Motherboard Asus Maximivus VII Hero
Memory 16GB Vengence Corsair 2166 MHZ
Graphics Card x2 MSI GTX 770 2GB
Sound Card N/A
PSU Corsair RM 1000w 80+ Gold FM ATX
Cooling x2 Bitfenix Spectre + Stock fan cooler

Hard Drives 250GB Samsung Evo, 500GB Samsung Evo, 320Gb WD Caviar Blue, 500GB WD Caviar Green

Monitor(s) Displays x2 LG23A63V
Screen Resolution 1920*1080, 1920*1080
Keyboard Steelseries Apex
Mouse Corsair m95
Headset Steelseries Siberia V2 (Dota 2 Edition)
Mousepad Corsair MM200 Gaming Mousepad (Extended)

Internet Speed 80 Mb Fiber Optic
Picture to follow Later
Tom, I got lazy and stole your post :D

• 2 weeks later...

Case: Antec 902

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Hero

PSU: Corsair 500w

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

RAM: 16GB DDR3 2400 Corsair Vengeance Pro

HD: Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD(I think)

Mouse: Razer Naga Epic

Keyboard: Roccat Isku

Mouse mat: Roccat Taito

Monitor: 2x LG Flatron E2351VR-BN

Headphones: Sound Blaster Rage Tactic 3D

Link to album of pictures!

Could do with some cable management, but i just wanted to get it up and gaming!

• 3 weeks later...
OS Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU Intel i7 2600k OC'd 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth P67 rev.2
Memory 8GB Corsair
Graphics Card EGVA Nvidia GTX 970 SC
Monitor(s) Displays Asus 3D 23"
Screen Resolution 1920*1080
Keyboard Logitech G110
Mouse R.A.T 9
PSU 850MW Corsair
Case Coolermaster Storm Scout
Cooling Corsair H50 Watercooler, 5x120mm fans, 1x140mm fan

• 1 year later...
Bit of a necro but got round to upgrading some parts (*denotes already owned)
Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 10
Case Gamemax Falcon
CPU Intel i7 6700k OC'd 4.5GHZ
Cooler Corsair H105
Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory 16GB G.Skillz Ripjaws V 3200mhz DDR4
Graphics Card *Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970
Sound Card N/A
PSU *Corsair GS800
Cooling 5x Thermaltake Riing 12's blue led

Hard Drives *1xIntegral 120gb SSD, 1x Samsung EVO 750 250gb SSD, *1x WD Caviar Black 1TB

HMRC finally coughed up for my (hefty) tax rebate, so i've updated my machine a little bit, this is primarily for working, but side effect of it being slightly insane in games - hopefully excluding the GPU's this will keep me going for at least 5 if not more years.

*denotes items already owned

OS: Windows 8.1 (because certain components are still reported as unstable on 10, a year after release, stability is king.)

CPU/s: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2699v4 2.2GHz 22 Core/44 Threads each.

Coolers: 2x NZXT Kraken X61*

Motherboard: Asus Z10PE-D16* (bios flashed for Broadwell-E)

RAM: 128GB Samsung DDR4-2133MHz ECC/REG CL15* (8x16GB, still got 8 slots free for further upgrade potential)

SSD's: 512GB Samsung SM951 Boot "drive"*, 2x Intel 750 NVME PCIE 1.2TB

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX Titan X (Maxwell)* (as soon as available, will be getting Pascal Titan X's)

PSU: Corsair AX1500i* (even for this, PSU is massive overkill, but when it was bought, it was on a deal which made it £45 cheaper than the 1200i)

Case: Coolermaster Cosmos II*

Fans: Lots of Corsair ML140's no led version(Maglev fans, virtually silent compared to standard fans)

CPU: i7 5960k overclocked to 4.4ghz

Coolers: full custom EK watercooling loop with 2 x 480mm radiators and dual DDC pumps in series

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V deluxe

Ram: G Skill ripjaws 4 DDR4-2666 16gb

SSD: Samsung Evo 240gb

GPU's: 2 x Sapphire R9 290x VaporX 4gb OC edition crossfire

PSU: Corsair RM1000

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D

869AA83E-FCA1-476C-B6D0-6D5646D0685F_zps

20160816_164800_zpsxvm0rwtr.jpg

D3F4A945-88C1-47BD-81CB-6F3C1CF5B3CC_zps

Monitor: LG 34UM95P

Keyboard: Logitech G910 RGB

Mouse: Mad Catz R.A.T 3

20160816_164834_zpsaicj83ih.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsezv5ztof.jpg

Computer type PC/Desktop
System Manufacturer/Model Number 3XS custom build
OS Windows 10
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 750D
CPU Intel i7 5930k s2011 v3
Cooler Corsair Hydro H115i
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe
Memory 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHZ
Graphics Card 2 x EVGA GTX 980Ti in SLI
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster ZX
PSU Corsair RM1000i
Cooling Stock fan x 3

Hard Drives 250GB SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Monitor(s) Displays LG 34UC97 34" Ultrawide Curved and 29" Acer
Screen Resolution 3440 x 1440, 1920 x 1080
Keyboard Razer Deathstalker
Mouse Razer lefthanded Deathadder
Headset Sennheiser PC363D 7.1
Mousepad Razer Sphex

Internet Speed 150 Mb Fiber Optic

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.