Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello fellow airsofters from across the pond!

I am SniperOverwatch. Not a newbie to airsoft, been playing airsoft for quite some time now, but due to life stuff had to go on hiatus but I am now back and at'em.

As you can figure, I am mainly playing the role of Sniper. My primary weapon is my King Arms Ultra Grade SVD Sniper Rifle with PSO-1 scope, and her name is Katya.

Yes, she has a name. Every weapon must have a name. :)

Everyone say Hi to Katya

I look forward to exploring the forums here, and learning more and meeting fellow Airsofters from abroad.

post-10677-0-46711700-1420434396_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Several guys on here have SVD's of various manufacture and there have been several threads on the subject on here too. Enjoy!

Thank you, I shall most definately enjoy my stay here. I have been exploring here and looking around. Looks like a great community here. I have test fired Katya and she fires real nice and accurate. I am just not used to the length of this thing. Shes huge. I am still used to the MP5's and other guns I've used in the past. She'll take some getting used to but I think we'll do good things together lol.

• Supporters

Hi - got bolt & aeg version though bolt is best

(you got the svd cocking lever from evike ($18 USD) to help pull heavy spring ???)

most of my guns have similar names though - usually:

Damn-it, $hit plus other profanities plus most magazines are called Crap-Mag

(always blame gun/mag when I'm hit rather than myself for sucking at airsoft)

Welcome to forum, ignore most of what I say - everybody else does

Hi - got bolt & aeg version though bolt is best

(you got the svd cocking lever from evike ($18 USD) to help pull heavy spring ???)

most of my guns have similar names though - usually:

Damn-it, $hit plus other profanities plus most magazines are called Crap-Mag

(always blame gun/mag when I'm hit rather than myself for sucking at airsoft)

Welcome to forum, ignore most of what I say - everybody else does

Yeah I'm a fan of bolt actions too, but I just had to have this SVD. I'm not a fan of the Full Auto on this thing, ITS A SNIPER RIFLE....anyway, I like it, shes perrdy. No I don't have the cocking lever. Should I invest in it? Theres a local gun doctor that lives near me who fixes up, upgrades, and works on airsoft guns, for a decent price, if its worth investing in I'll definately take a peek at it.

• Supporters

It can help with getting some leverage & reduce sore hand/fingers if pulling larger spring most of day

Not took my SVD with handle into battle yet but deffo makes it easier to pull rather than tiny handle

Bolt is best & most accurate out of box, aeg SVD's usually use a bespoke/custom gearbox

though some aeg makes like JG 1.2m long sniper/RK's use normal ver 3 gearbox

But bolt is best & what its all about - yeah I fell in love this sexy tall russian babe too

plus there is folding stock version, some cheap normal aeg bits in there plus co2 option

yeah you gotta love this intimidating bloody long/tall badass girl

It can help with getting some leverage & reduce sore hand/fingers if pulling larger spring most of day

Not took my SVD with handle into battle yet but deffo makes it easier to pull rather than tiny handle

Bolt is best & most accurate out of box, aeg SVD's usually use a bespoke/custom gearbox

though some aeg makes like JG 1.2m long sniper/RK's use normal ver 3 gearbox

But bolt is best & what its all about - yeah I fell in love this sexy tall russian babe too

Katya the SVD....Watch out....She might give you an STD.....*giggles* std=shot to dead. :)

yup - just had to have her, not got the "proper" scope for her yet

but she seems ok atm & doesn't mind me not taking her out much and spending money on her

(wish most women were like that)

You and me both brother lol. I got the PSO-1 scope with the rifle. Bought Katya off our "Nova Scotia Airsoft" Facebook page for $250 dollars. Came with a gun case (didn't have one before), of course the SVD, PSO-1 scope, tons of BBs, and a speedloader. I feel like there was something else but I don't think there is.

I had a very hard time attaching the PSO-1 scope, after watching numerous Youtube videos on the subject, I watched one where a guy said if its having a hard time fitting over the lip, just lightly help it along the way with a hammer. As its a very sturdy metal, it can take it. The scope is now on, and I don't know why I liked the SVD without the scope on. It looked nice before just as is without the scope, but she looks like shes ready for a night out on the town with her fancy scope on. lol

• Supporters

Oh, welcome! I'm heading to Canada for a month in May/June. Flying to/from Halifax, NS but staying in Sackville, NB.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.