Patrol Base

Sam_G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Did they offer you a good deal on anything else to say sorry?

i only went for a TM VSR g-spec, as need the receiver and outer barrel to fix mine, they didn't seem to comprehend that and kept offering me a standard TM VSR, which has a totally different outer barrel.

they did offer to order me one in ...... which is useless to me, as i can get it cheaper elsewhere, and i needed the bits as i am playing tomorrow

Fookin ell, that sucks spoon :/

• Root Admin

i only went for a TM VSR g-spec, as need the receiver and outer barrel to fix mine, they didn't seem to comprehend that and kept offering me a standard TM VSR, which has a totally different outer barrel.

they did offer to order me one in ...... which is useless to me, as i can get it cheaper elsewhere, and i needed the bits as i am playing tomorrow

I have a JG VSR (G-Spec) barrel I'm getting rid of in lieu of a PDI one :S

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two AK-74 mags, a battery and a bottle of BBs from them. Came about three days later, with a free patch and all the right documents. They're brilliant! Just a shame their two-toning is a little on the pricy side.

• 2 months later...

Took a drive over to the shop for a look round and to pick up some new lipos, a charger and some advice on both of them. Were left standing around the shop for ages and pretty much ignored for 45 mins, then once I was being served, the young lad serving me took a phone call, then told me he had to pop down stairs for 2 mins and never returned. After another 30 mins of being completely alone in the shop someone else appeared and asked if they could help me, he then sorted me out but I got what I was after but I was in the store for the best part of 3 hours for what should have taken 20 mins. They clearly see the online side of the business as the priority and people coming into the store as a nuisance.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit miffed

Followed their thing with price match explained the gun was £40 quid cheaper elsewhere and I'd like them to match it also said if they could I'd put a large order in

To the the tune of over 500

Heard nothing back after a couple of emails as well :/

Bit disappointed as it is cheaper in another shop they offer the price match and it's just been a wall of no response

My disappointment with PB is that the loyalty system has never worked for me (unless I'm missing something). I currently have 117 points "pending' but I have never had any points available. Apart from that PB have been pretty reliable in terms of sorting stuff out via email.

• 2 months later...

Placed a fair size order on Sunday got a confirmation email and checked my order history on-line but had no dispatch confirmation so thought best give them a call to be told that one item was out of stock! On-line ordering system said item was in stock and it took me to call and see if there was a problem to find this out! Would only of needed a phone call or email to say item wasn't in stock and would be delayed by a couple of days.

I now wont get the items before the weekend as I'm heading away early Friday morning.

Whole order delayed and if I knew there was no stock I would of picked an alternative.

Very poor service!!!!

Not sure what to believe! Chased the order on the 25th when I was told that the item was out of stock and then the complete order turned up on the 26th!

Placed a fair size order on Sunday got a confirmation email and checked my order history on-line but had no dispatch confirmation so thought best give them a call to be told that one item was out of stock! On-line ordering system said item was in stock and it took me to call and see if there was a problem to find this out! Would only of needed a phone call or email to say item wasn't in stock and would be delayed by a couple of days.

I now wont get the items before the weekend as I'm heading away early Friday morning.

Whole order delayed and if I knew there was no stock I would of picked an alternative.

Very poor service!!!!

Not sure what to believe! Chased the order on the 25th when I was told that the item was out of stock and then the complete order turned up on the 26th!

So actually, your entire review of this instance is completely invalid? :P (Apart from the communication discrepancy.) :)

So actually, your entire review of this instance is completely invalid? :P (Apart from the communication discrepancy.) :)

Can't help but think I was being Lied to about the original delay and no stock but I cant be sure. Main thing is I got the order but definitely their communication let them down.

I have used them a few times and each time they have been good.

Seems to be luck of the draw with shops these days.. I think at some point someone has had an issue with every shop.

Ordered From them this week and today my package turns up.......it's the wrong item FFS.

I had ordered the folding stock adapter for the VZ.58 and received the non folding variant...which clearly states that it's the none folding one. So how they managed to pick an item up which has it's name on it and put it in with the invoice which has the name of another item on it is beside me lol

Just called them, so I now have to send the item back and pay for postage.....Then if they have the item in stock I can have a replacement or if not a refund.....Why is it I've made 3 orders from UK suppliers with 2 fuck ups.. Yet in the last 12 months made over 10+ orders with EU companies and not had a single issues?!?! GRRR!!!

So in essence, I've literally just given someone £40 for the pleasure of sending me something I then have to send back costing me a further £5 so that I may potentially get the item a week later out or a refund and end up back where I started. No real apologies offered, no "sorry buddy have something off your next order or some loyalty points etc".

Used this company twice this year and so far they have a 50% F*** Up rate.

Slightly off topic - not about Patrolbase - but another UK retailer:

Ordered a TM Beretta M9A1 from this usually faultless UK shop. Was quoted a price via email which then went up £10 at time of ordering...annoying, but I couldn't be bothered arguing the point with people I'd consider myself to be friendly with after a decade of buying from them, and they had ordered it for me as were otherwise out of stock.

UKARA number clarification took almost five days from ordering to despatch.

...order duly arrived. An ASG MP9A1 in the box. Broken. Sigh.

Cue phone-calls, a trip to Post Office, chasing up return postage refund.

End result; faith lost in a retailer that would be in my Top 2 in UK.

A real shame.

My point being, to add to Hef's point; UK retailers need to up their game. The threat from Poland is very real. I have placed two orders from the big Polish two today as their service has been damn well faultless up until now.

Ordered my plate carrier a few weeks ago, but I got a call saying that the item (which was in stock on their website) was actually not in stock. For the inconvenience, they upgraded my plate carrier to one £10 more expensive and said it would be a priority delivery (which was SUPER quick).

10/10 from me

I ordered my Krytac trident spr from them Friday with next day delivery,due to the bank holiday it arrived on the Tuesday as I expected,it came well packaged and when I phoned them to confirm my order they were really friendly,I would definitely buy from them again in the future

Ordered my plate carrier a few weeks ago, but I got a call saying that the item (which was in stock on their website) was actually not in stock. For the inconvenience, they upgraded my plate carrier to one £10 more expensive and said it would be a priority delivery (which was SUPER quick).

10/10 from me

It seems their service is very inconsistent! I would of been happy If they had got in contact with me to let me know the item was out of stock but instead the whole order was delayed!

First ever order from patrol base; £50 ish order. 2/3 Items Ordered was wrong.

Ordered a tan grip; got black - Ordered a lipo charger £20; got a NiMH charger worth £8.99

Rang up them up, issue was fixed within 5 minutes on the phone and they sent the right stuff for next day delivery along with extra BB's

We're all human and make mistakes, this won't stop me from ordering from them though.

Apart from a mishap I'm happy with my order.

• Supporters

I think with most stuff getting picked & packed for mail order.....

F*cking double check ya $hit is correct as you pack it for despatch

an extra 30 secs or so ain't rocket science and ensures that the stuff you send is the stuff they ordered ffs

THAT will greatly reduce a company having to rectify its stupid f*ck ups

yes customer service is great in resolving issues and $hit happens sometimes coz we are all human

But ffs, just give it all a double check or a BETTER double check as you pack it for despatch

coz atm the slap dash service from some companies is losing them customers

A good reputation takes ages to build up - but can be trashed so very quickly and very costly

For the record - think I only ordered from them once but all perfect & in order

sorry if others were not so fortunate - hopefully it gets resolved quickly

and PB put in place a few simple checks - pain in the ar$e to have sort out crap if it can be avoided/reduced so easily

happy shopping x x x

Ok as I know we all make mistakes I thought I would give them another try and as I wanted the deliver quite quick I went with next working day delivery which isn't much more and you get tracking updates which is always a good thing.

Parts have all turned up all correct and all in good condition.

That's a much better service.

They only offer 1 month warranty on all items incl krytac and G&G where other shops offer 1 year warranty (return to shop) so no go for me.

They only offer 1 month warranty on all items incl krytac and G&G where other shops offer 1 year warranty (return to shop) so no go for me.

It doesn't matter what illegal warranty any shops try to fob you off with, you have a statutory EU warranty. I don't think they're breaking any rules lying to you about it either, but they win for everyone that believes it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Placed an order Friday evening and it was delivered today. No hassle no fuss same as always.

They do need to amend this though.

How long is your warranty period?

The warranty period for all items we sell is one month from the reciept of your product. We can replace your product if was recieved damaged or broken through normal use, but not if it was through user error. If the item is found not to be damaged through user error, we can refund your postage. Please contact us to discuss replacement or the fixing of your item.

Its not legal and is against consumer rights.

Too many airsoft shops try to make up their own rules and end up getting away with murder.

Remember if something breaks through user error but its only occurred because of poor manufacture or a design flaw then you can claim not fit for purpose. Most airsoft technicians are not qualified or experienced engineers and are not qualified to judge whether there is a manufacturing or quality issue.

• 2 months later...

Was on my way South after having been up on the River Clyde and popped in today, I had reserved a grenade launcher by phone yesterday and stopped to collect, Friendly and efficient, they verified my UKARA from postcode in seconds.

Had a quick browse around the shop, which was busy. They have some interesting products you don't see everywhere.

They dont supply carrier bags, so make sure you have something to put purchases in if you are using public transport.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.