Ak receiver cover rail?

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

There are 2 main side mounts that place a rail over cover

One is a TM "screw on type"

and another is Quick Fit mounting used on SVD's & other types

So you need to check if you have the base mount for QF or if you can bolt the first type on there

There is a bolt on top cover rail but is mainly used for Cyma 039's type AK's - bolts at back of receiver/stock

(it isn't designed for most other AK's without some modification)

All the above mounts will be a pain if your battery is in top cover coz very likely you need to remove or loosen

the rail when changing battery if inside top cover - major bollock ache

Another possible option is this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dovetail-to-Weaver-Adapter-Picatinny-Rail-100mm-Length-Scope-Mount-/121487366176?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item1c49361820

note it is curved underneath - most are not but this is curved like AK top cover

I don't think it is 101% perfect matching contour but is close with a little rubber/gasket it could work

Now you still need to drill/dremmel some "bumps" off top cover and still mess about but quite oftenthe

AK rail or mounts will need a bit of work to get them to fit if your AK is not the exact model they were made for

I have those weaver mount rails and deffo think it is do-able for my AK but admit I haven't got round to it yetpaid

a bit more from China for mine - so they are worth considering if you feel confident in a bit of AK DIY

or as you probably won't get them this side of New year now a more local place could be:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Slot-Small-Weaver-Picatinny-Rail-suits-many-shooting-airsoft-applications-/171319824867?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item27e37511e3

£5:40 as opposed to say £2:40 - about £3 more but at least you could get it quicker

put dremmel/drill/file and extra nuts+bolts on ya list and you have a little AK bit of meccanno to play with over xmas

The side mount option is a non starter as the rs56 doesn't have that facility sadly.

I did find a vector optic top cover with a rail built onto it but it's too high, guess I will leave that idea!

• Supporters

think the rails and the rear sight being set so forward is what puts a lot of peeps off the AK

(apart from being not on the modern looking side)

still a good - no brilliant AEG, and will get around to making something up somehow in future

hence so many people wanna see a more modern AK12 arrive perhaps

but for now most peeps will have to do a little DIY for some models/makes

some say you can fit this or that scope on AK - to hell with that serious themed authentic look

it is classic bit of cheapo engineering that has stood for ages and know there are loads of

abominations out there from this "can't find hammer - use the AK instead to hit it with"

• Supporters

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/23008-franken-ak-build-opinions-needed/?hl=+cyma%20+scope

most stuff "may" need a tweak but nothing too major really

once you got mount sorted then the type of scope if ya bothered about genuine looks....

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/23524-ak-optic/?hl=%2Bcyma+%2Bscope#entry170032

The side mount option is a non starter as the rs56 doesn't have that facility sadly.

I did find a vector optic top cover with a rail built onto it but it's too high, guess I will leave that idea!

why not go handguard instead?

why not go handguard instead?

Simply put I find my rs56 to be a little front heavy hence I'm trying to bring the balance point towards me , I have a Cyma polymer ris handguard ordered but purely because I needed the polymer pistol grip(long story!), I hope the Cyma h/guard is a little lighter than the gas tube rail and wood guard.

I would also like to fit a red dot behind the gas block/rear sight block.......can you see what I'm trying to achieve?

• Supporters

will this be any good then ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Picatinny-Rail-Mount-Base-for-Marui-AK-47-74-Series-Airsoft-AEG-/281382374634?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4183b24cea

dunno if you got the screws underneath or if you need to fit a mounting base plate for the Quick fit/detach mount

most TM style AK's will usually take the above though some may need a bit of diy if front handguard catches rail mount

(where the two meet on the side of receiver - got one that I gotta cut/file a bit if fitting to a RPK type)

• Supporters

Yeah, i should have bought one of those when they were in stock. I didn't have a clear idea of what i'd use it for, but i remember thinking i should get one anyway because if they go oos then i'd be kicking myself. And i am V^^VGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Supporters

There is rumour of a TWI copy of a Zenit product which replaces the handguards with a steel RIS with a hinged rail integrated top cover attached to it on two long arms. There is a picture on their fb page and i've asked how much, but so far no reply. It probably will be not much short of the real steel though, unfortunately, which will be fucking ridiculous...

Yeah, i should have bought one of those when they were in stock. I didn't have a clear idea of what i'd use it for, but i remember thinking i should get one anyway because if they go oos then i'd be kicking myself. And i am V^^VGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Patrol Base regularly re-stock them as they were out of stock when i first found them on their website.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.