The JG M4 CQB Project...

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

My JG M4 CQB is getting abit old for me, so i thought i would beef it up abit....

What i am going to do:

New matt black paint job for upper/lower reciver (i hate that gray colour)

Reroute batt wires to the front and into PEQ box for ease of life

Upgrade accurcy with tightbore and HU

Some gearbox work

My to buy list:

Krylon Fusion - Matt Black £6.50

Madbull Black Python Ver.2 6.03mm Tight Bore Barrel (363mm) - £29.99

SRC KA Style Silencer Long (160mm) - £19.99

Tactical Folding Foward Grip - £11.99

Madbull Ultimate 3 in 1 Hop Unit for M4/AR series - £24.99

PEQ Box - To be found

Tac Light + Lazer?? - To be found

New Tac Stock - Got from a mate

Current Total: £93.46

Before

pic-050-jg-cqb-E.jpg

Step one Stripping down for painting

I thought while i waited for the stuff to come down from Action Hobbies i would at least prep the M4 for paint. I started with seperating the upper and lower recivers but popping out the rear body locking pin first, then the front locking pin. Then i removed the motor plate from the pistol grip and removed the motor to get to the two small screws that hold the pistol grip into the gearbox. Then to remove the gearbox the small body pin, mag release catch and hop up had to come out, as dose the stock screw. Then, makeing sure the fire selector is set to semi, i lifted the gearbox out of the lower reciver and also removed the other little body bits includeing the fire selector and fake bolt release catch. To prevent the RIS rkit getting sprayed i removed that from the upper reciver.

Step two Preping for painting

First of i made sure that everything i didnt want sprayed to be masked up with masking tape, these bits include things like the dust cover and delta ring. Then useing a fine grade sand paper, i used 320 grade paper, then i roughed up the surfaces to be painted. Then i degreased all of the surfaces to get rid of all the paint dust that is left behind.

Stay tuned for more......

Thanks

Jack

If you have any hints tips or comment i am open to them :)

Any help would be nice as this is abit of a new one for me

• 3 weeks later...

Step Three Painting

The Before shot....

67153_10150142894968504_752288503_8230747_6634366_n.jpg

As you can see some parts where from a M4 that has been sprayed a kinda 2 tone OD job so they had to be sprayed as well....

TOP TIP!!

If you carnt find kroylon paint dont worry!!! any acrylic based paint will stick like sh*t

I used a Car branded (Hycote) spray paint and the finnish is.... well judge for your self later on! :)

Now the first thing to understand about arosole spray jobs is to build up the layers very slowly and dont cake it on.... for the first layer of primer (again acrylic) i hardly put a thin layer on... and slowy added layers and then the same with the Matt Black...

Why use primer?? Two reasons my dear children....

1. It grips to the surface alot better then normal paint and leaves a roughish surface perfect for normal paint to cling onto giving it a smoother finnish and alot longer life time

2. When the paint dose eventually start to wear it will leave nice nice two toned weatherd look :D

After this project i might reolise a full guide on how to spray paint (if there isnt one on here already) :)

Now for the beauty shots!! :D

156910_10150142894858504_752288503_8230744_3679507_n.jpg

155023_10150142894868504_752288503_8230745_8055516_n.jpg

162711_10150142894883504_752288503_8230746_3141415_n.jpg

155633_10150142894993504_752288503_8230748_6854087_n.jpg

Now the pictures arnt the best... but that ant my hobbie is it now :) lol

Any comments/opinions would be gratefull....

Now i have got my order through thats the next thing to get on to

So stay tuned!!!

Simply dont have the money Matt i would of went for a full metal kit if i have the money but ah well.... at least it looks more metalish now! :D

And i have had the KA on and god it is a beast :) lol i will leave it to the finalily picture ;)

• Supporters

will be waiting for it :)

will get a pic of my CQB for you.

STA76413.jpg

STA76411.jpg

SRC v3 gearbox

CA body

CA Old style stock

Dboys RIS

Dboys Grip & PEQ

Dboys Carry handle cut down to CQB sight

Element Barrel (inner and outer)

CA Hop (I think)

The grips black now, was tempted to get a longer barrel and stick the KAC silencer on it

Thanks goes out to Nutster for the build :)

• 2 months later...

Right I have finnished the outside looks of the great M4 CQB but it ant very cqb length any more.... Up agenst my S-System its practically the same length.....

Ah well there is just a couple more things to do

Buy a new 2 peice hop up as my 1 peice dont fit :(

And Buy a PEQ Batt box (i have already found a away to route the wires as you will see in the pic soon)

Pics soon!!

• Supporters

Beauty! Loving the silencer

Not a fan of that folding grip but if it works for you than fantastic!

The CQB above, ive sold and got a new one that needs a little TLC once shes complete will get some pics up!

Btw whats with the wires? seem to be coming out of the bolt :P you getting a ready mag and wiring it through?

No that beaucse i dont have a hole in the delta ring so that was the only solution was to take the Bolth catch out and use the small hole it left behind to feeed the wired through and i was going to wire it into a a PEQ Box

But what is this read mag thing your talking about?

Archived