VFC Scar-l - Gears and motor upgrades

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

You may have found the issue!!!

On full auto, the air nozzle does come back!

So cut off lever is my issue then?

• Supporters

Really silly daft question.......

Did you remove trigger switch spring at any time ?

if it was installed incorrectly it can rub or impede the tappet plate whizzing back n forth

(trigger spring needs to be facing downwards - put it on the other way it can rub on tappet plate)

I have made that mistake amongst numerous others - some of which made a bit of a mess inside

if cut-off lever engages and pops the switch - my guess is that as it pops up and flies back to disengage

the tiny spring which "might" be upside down and main body of spring is very close now to tappet....

the spring hits or puts pressure on tappet plate as it pops and thus it don't return properly or quick enough

which means crap/no seal etc......

Well that is my nooby guess - but I've done that (more than once before the penny dropped)

not gonna go on too much but when fitting any new/replacement parts it is very wise to check

and then double/triple check all is moving as it should be, close up box without spring etc... to ensure

stuff like cylinder & head fit correctly inside box as they should, head locates on the lugs, cylinder clicks in place

slide piston back n forth when fitting - quite common there may be a slight burr or blob of plastic from mould

that snags or a little tight when moving all the way back n forth - tiny careful sandpaper

I am a major trainee apprentice noob but from making numerous cock-ups and stuff I have started to gain a tiny

- well microscopic bit of wisdom and now I really take some time checking these new bits all fit together properly

before I fit spring back in there

very often you find some "better" parts still need a tiny little bit of tweaking to fit perfectly

3 types of TM compatible parts:

1st is perfect fit - made to measure

2nd is in need of a little tweak - ahh that's better

3rd - that f**king thing ain't never gonna work and must be for v3 gearbox coz it not going in this v2 box

finally on battery side - you may also consider the 9.9v Life in between 7.4 & 11.1v lipo's

(though size and capacity is more limited - but might be option if you don't wanna pump 11.1v or find 7.4v not enough)

Unfortunately, I have thrown the towel in :(

Whilst trying to further diagnose, the connectors to the stock have gone and another wire has split.

It has been dropped off for a techie to fix at JD Airsoft.

Feel like an idiot cus I couldn't fix my own gun :(

• Supporters

There's no shame in it. At least you tried.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.