Airsoft Team in North East England : Spartan Wolfz :Recruiting now!!!

Scottybot_2000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm 14 years old and have been playing airsoft @ NSC for around 1 month now and have wondered about starting an airsoft team in the area. if you are interested about joining then contact me here @ [email protected] and put the title as Airsoft team.

In the team you will be given a nickname and hopefully if I get around to it a velcro patch. If you are interested we will probably meet up once a month. If we decide to invite you to the team then you have to pay £5 a month ( this can be made when we are at NSC).

You do not require a certain load-out just whatever you have available then on the day make tactics and plans with what you have.

Our Team is based at NSC if you haven't worked that out yet> Website = > http://forum.nscairsoft.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=513 This give you a general idea of what is happening. Also we will have our own forum topic on there soon I hope.

FEEL FREE TO COME ALONG AND FIND US @ NSC TO ASK QUESTIONS AND WE CAN EVALUATE YOU THERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN.

THE £5 A MONTH GO's TO TEAM KIT AND OTHER ITEMS SUCH AS RADIOS!!!

We do own 2 radios and the Squad leader (ME aka SKID) and the other squad member will have them ie: we will have 2 squads in the team and both squad members will have a radio to communicate to each other to carry out the objectives throughout the game but hopefully will be getting more radios soon.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN 2014 WE DO NOT START THE AIRSOFT TEAM MEET UPS Until JANUARY 2015!!!

BUT YOU CAN STILL ASK QUESTIONS AND JOIN THE TEAM!!!

REQUIREMENTS:

1. 14 - 17

2. Have a little experience ( the more you have the more we will pick you )

3. All your own equipment

4. Available on the 1st Sunday of every month

5. Live in Newcastle upon tyne area or able to get to Hetton-le-hole.

6. Be able to make your own way up to NSC

7 .Must be on time Get there at around 8:45 AM

8. Must be quite reliable

9. Be able to do some tasks (evaluated on a game day or you can come to my house and ill test you there)

If you have any questions dot hesitate to email me about them. All other information will be given out if you make the team such as times

Ps. My nickname is Skid and my email is [email protected] as mentioned before. Looking forward to having you on our team

Thank you

Yours sincerely

Skid (aka) Scott Donaldson

I agree, I doubt people would want to pay £5 a month for "team kit" when you've made one of your requirements that people should have their own equipment.

If it was a one off payment for a team patch or membership fee I think you'd get more interest, but I wouldn't charge people if you're only just starting out with it.

No thanks mate. a 14 year old with your list of guns trying to command me around? Mate you say you have 2 radios, that's cute any player who wants radios can get them. I cant imagine you will get anyone on here wanting to join your team. The best place to look for you is on the JBBG comment section...

No thanks mate. a 14 year old with your list of guns trying to command me around? Mate you say you have 2 radios, that's cute any player who wants radios can get them. I cant imagine you will get anyone on here wanting to join your team. The best place to look for you is on the JBBG comment section...

Sorry, but to me, that came across as really snobbish and was unnecessarily rude

Sorry, but to me, that came across as really snobbish and was unnecessarily rude

I generally tend to agree.. but to be fair, he kinda had it coming to him with a post like that, crossposted in 3 sections & a status update, and on top of it all asking for money.

I don't think anyone with any sense would want to spend £5 to join a team run by an inexperienced 14 year old.

This.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i get it the £5 a month is just so we can get more radios and able to buy patches for the team and it will only be for a while and not every month its more like a recommendation for a donation

Nothing wrong with being pro-active in trying to get a team together, so all credit to you for that at least, but really, you should think about aiming a little lower in terms of demands if you hope to recruit people. As it stands, you're asking way too much of people from the off, and appearing to give nothing back. After all, if you want people to join you, you should emphasize what makes you an attractive proposition, rather than making demands of potential new members.

Your age requirement of 14-17 means that you won't (by definition) have anyone on your team who can either legally buy a RIF, or have a UKARA registration, yet you are starting out with a list of requirements for membership which would be pushing it from a far more experienced group, i.e: pay a monthly fee, be easily mobile, have to pass some kind of test, have to have your own gear. And with all this, also have to be subordinate to a self-appointed leader who right off the bat states that he does not have that much experience.

To be brutally honest, who was it that tested you and deemed you qualified and experienced enough to lead a squad to victories? If there is some kind of league and leader board at your skirmish site, and you are on it and have demonstrated that you do well, then fair enough, but if not, then you should instead emphasize the aspirations of your team and be at pains to point out that people can get 'in on the ground floor' with you and help to build something special, rather than coming across as some kind of mini dictator who is demanding more cannon fodder to join him - and who have to pay for the privilege too - which is how it reads at the moment, and that is hardly an inviting prospect for joining a team. Surely it would be better to let everyone have a stab at leading in combat, and whoever managed it the best would then be practically and demonstrably qualified to lead your group on the field. You could still be the administrative leader of all that kind of thing if you are not willing to relinquish control of your baby. The best practical combat leader may turn out to be you, who knows, but if it isn't, then it would be silly to not play to your strengths as a team if there is someone better at that particular job. Call it a 'battlefield promotion' system if you like.

I'm not trying to have a go at you here, the fact that you are pro-active in trying to get something going demonstrates in many ways that you may indeed be the best one for the job of leading your team on the field. I just think you need to be a bit less demanding of potential new members. I'm sure you already have done so, but if not, I would suggest a poster up at your regular skirmish site with something along the lines of 'Are you a younger player who needs a team?' on it, would yield better results. Or make a flyer and hand it out at your next skirmish. See if you can stick a poster up at school too (but be sure to ask permission, and I'd emphasize the social and fun aspects of it, rather than the warlike ones!).

Drop the fee too. That's a massive turn off straight away. Good luck with it. I admire your enthusiasm and entrepreneurialism, but you need to tweak your marketing skills a little bit to make what you offer sound tempting.

Oh and one more thing, having 'bot' in the title of your forum name also makes it seem like you are a scammer, particularly when your first posts were asking for money. It wasn't a particularly great choice of name and you should perhaps contact the moderators and try to get it altered.

• Supporters

I'm calling a halt to this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.