New From Bristol

Battlefield Fan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, Just signed up here to get myself and my boy onto the scene!

We have been putting the venture of for a while as my lad was to young to really be able to get involved, but now he is 13 and really tall and strong its time to hop on!

We have made several days to local paintballing centres to keep up the adenaline but have waited to get into airsoft, we are both big military fans and love the role play aspects that come with airsoft.

So heres my situ, I have read and re-read sites and forums and landed here with some top advice, I have read THE BEGINNERS GUIDE and NOOB GUIDE on here and have decided on the CM16 G&G RAIDER M4 From PROAIRSOFTSUPPLIES in two tone green to get my lad started and then i will get around to sorting out my UKARA in time.

Now looking advice to get into some venues in the area? and any extra bits that might be recommended to add to his package for xmas/bday coming up?

any advice here would be mint...

Look forward to getting started

Jay and Matteo

boots, goggles/fullface protection, gloves should be first bits imo. Then when you know if you actually like the sport work on loadouts, no point spending money on extra bits until you are sure it is for you/your son and are happy with the platform you are using. Might make sense if you both use a similar platform (ie M4) so that mags and gun accessories will be compatible.

Welcome. There's quite a few on the forum from Bristol area. I'd recommend you rent for your first few games to get a feel for it.

Try black ops cribbs and portishead they run every Sunday and alternate between the sites. They will help you get Ukara sorted. Spartan near the airport is another option that I haven't tried yet but I hear its good.

Yes, I would hire to start with and get UKARA sorted. Spend the time looking at other people's guns to get more idea of what you really want.

Black ops is a good place to start as you can play 2 very different sites which both contribute to your UKARA.

An alternative idea to both using the same gun would be to have 2 very different guns that perform different roles, DMR, Support gun, Sniper, SMG etc. This will allow you to swap and get more variety during the day.

Btw, if anyone from Bristol wants to get involved in WW2 airsoft it would be great to have a small group to go to games together.

My next planned game will be Feb 28th in Portsmouth and I hope to have my Owen gun so may want to go as Aussie, which means I will have a spare Sten and most of a British Para impression spare :)

Btw, if anyone from Bristol wants to get involved in WW2 airsoft it would be great to have a small group to go to games together.

My next planned game will be Feb 28th in Portsmouth and I hope to have my Owen gun so may want to go as Aussie, which means I will have a spare Sten and most of a British Para impression spare :)

You make me wish I was older you mean man :(

Persuade your Mum. I bet we can find some gear for both of you. WW2 airsoft is very much more friendly than normal airsoft. It's also educational. I bet your Mum would actually enjoy it, even if she doesn't like guns. The WW2 games are not about running around shooting people, they are about teamwork, dressing up and the social aspects with a bit of running around shooting people thrown in :)

The Aachen game already has 2 women signed up so she wouldn't be the only one there. It's also a way for her to see what airsoft is about, without forking out for guns etc. straight away.

Thanks for the advice, Im about to purchase a M4 for my lad with a few bits

So far Ive listed

M4 G&G

red dot sight

vertical grip

camo tape

extra battery and motor

6000 pellets

face mesh and eye wear

gloves

then i will get bits for january on his birthday

Some camo gear, boots, extra mags, bits n bobs

JAY

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.