DOGTAG Airsoft - Holmbush Farm, Horsham

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the issue at Holmbush the other week with regards to other site's marshall's tapping players up, spreading rumors and generally ruining the day to the point the owner had to post it on Facebook?! Any idea which sites were involved?

• 7 months later...

I'm looking to getting into Airsoft with my son, I used to paintball a lot but after having the kids it went on the back burner lol, but my boy is 14 now and i think I would prefer Airsoft and as holmbush is only 15mins away from home it seems the perfect place to start off.

Will be researching up the law etc before i contact about starting up and looking into whats required etc, but i'm quite excited as is my son.

Hopefully see you there soon.

• 1 month later...

So we have done our 3 games to qualify for ukara at this site and I must say each yime we have been we have loved it, well run and different every time, I'm looking forward to the 29th of October when nuprol are in attendance.

all in all a great site run by very enthusiastic airsofters 

• 1 month later...

is this the one with around 200 players?

Heard some mixed reviews this weekend but want to try it!

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like the right thread to ask on and I did try the search button to no avail? Sorry if I'm wrong.

I found an Event held at Dog Tag called "UK v USA International Airsoft Event".

I haven't found much about it other than the site promoting it: www.ukvusaairsoft.com

I've heard good things about DogTag but I can't quite figure out if they are hosting it or a third party is hiring it for the event.

I think it's the first time it's been run and from the FB page it allows me to see briefly (no FB account) there appears very little activity or info on numbers of players etc. It is in just under 6 months time so early days... maybe that's why.

It sounds pretty cool, similar description as the NAE annual event ZeroOne do (never been BTW).

Any feedback would be handy. Is anyone attending it from here? Thanks

It should be a great event, but I am not into comps as they can potentially be attracted to the types of players I don't like playing against/with. I love DogTag and I do think it will be awesome, but the NAE shows that big events seem to attract big cheaters

12 hours ago, Immortal said:

This seems like the right thread to ask on and I did try the search button to no avail? Sorry if I'm wrong.

I found an Event held at Dog Tag called "UK v USA International Airsoft Event".

I haven't found much about it other than the site promoting it: www.ukvusaairsoft.com

I've heard good things about DogTag but I can't quite figure out if they are hosting it or a third party is hiring it for the event.

I think it's the first time it's been run and from the FB page it allows me to see briefly (no FB account) there appears very little activity or info on numbers of players etc. It is in just under 6 months time so early days... maybe that's why.

It sounds pretty cool, similar description as the NAE annual event ZeroOne do (never been BTW).

Any feedback would be handy. Is anyone attending it from here? Thanks

The guy that is organizing it, I think, said there are 50 Americans who live in GB and the other 50 are being sponsored by Valken to come over here or its team Valken or something like that

Thanks for the feedback PT247 & Robert James  .

Sounds like it could be a good event then and is very tempting! I'd expect a good set of players if they're travelling that far.

I'll send the contact an email before I drop a ton on a whim. :D I'll report back if there's anything interesting not on their site.

14 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Thanks for the feedback PT247 & Robert James  .

Sounds like it could be a good event then and is very tempting! I'd expect a good set of players if they're travelling that far.

I'll send the contact an email before I drop a ton on a whim. :D I'll report back if there's anything interesting not on their site.

Currently its on sale. £70 a ticket with £30 deposit I think.

I actually got one of the patches for helping the guy out with something. Should be a great event, but expensive. Plus, its a bank holiday.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Currently its on sale. £70 a ticket with £30 deposit I think.

I actually got one of the patches for helping the guy out with something. Should be a great event, but expensive. Plus, its a bank holiday.

Cool, good to know. I was worried it may have just been a fancy website and a non event but you've set my mind at ease.

I just sent him a few questions but I reckon I'll just try it and see. I don't mind the cost which isn't bad for a 3 day event.

2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Cool, good to know. I was worried it may have just been a fancy website and a non event but you've set my mind at ease.

I just sent him a few questions but I reckon I'll just try it and see. I don't mind the cost which isn't bad for a 3 day event.

The cost of tickets is fine, I just cant fork out for all the camping equipment, plus food, plus fuel, plus Airsoft stuff, plus the stuff ill buy whilst there. Gutted 

40 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The cost of tickets is fine, I just cant fork out for all the camping equipment, plus food, plus fuel, plus Airsoft stuff, plus the stuff ill buy whilst there. Gutted 

Indeed, the extras can add up. I'd better start saving and dusting off what I've got. :)

Nobody ever replied to my enquiries (sent via their website messaging box) on the www.ukvusaairsoft.com site.

It states "We'll reply within 48 hrs....".

II'll have to rethink this one. It sounded cool but if they can't be bothered to reply then perhaps not so cool afterall.

7 hours ago, Immortal said:

Nobody ever replied to my enquiries (sent via their website messaging box) on the www.ukvusaairsoft.com site.

It states "We'll reply within 48 hrs....".

II'll have to rethink this one. It sounded cool but if they can't be bothered to reply then perhaps not so cool afterall.

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftdogtag/

01293 852314

just phone them or message them on Facebook, it isn't hard.

47 minutes ago, PT247 said:

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftdogtag/

01293 852314

just phone them or message them on Facebook, it isn't hard.

Thanks for the details however what's the point of a messaging service on the site if they don't use it? Rhetorical...

I thought it was being held there and not run by Dogtag anyway?

And what's with the "it isn't hard" comment?!  (Or am I reading into it too much? :)  )

EDIT: Appologies if I sound shirty, I've been awake for 48 hours... not good! :) I'll call them, I'm not on FB.

• 1 year later...

Will try to sort it. Cheers.

Guest PT247

The main issue I have had with DogTag is the sheer numbers of people going. You can't fault a site for being successful, but it is frustrating when there isn't enough trees to go around. I've not played there (or anywhere else for that matter) for months, too many geardos, kit snobbery and folk taking the game far too seriously in the airsoft community as a whole, kinda puts me off playing at even the sites I love (DogTag, Battlelakes).

7 hours ago, PT247 said:

The main issue I have had with DogTag is the sheer numbers of people going. You can't fault a site for being successful, but it is frustrating when there isn't enough trees to go around. I've not played there (or anywhere else for that matter) for months, too many geardos, kit snobbery and folk taking the game far too seriously in the airsoft community as a whole, kinda puts me off playing at even the sites I love (DogTag, Battlelakes).

Sad times, you've got some of the scariest shooting pieces I've seen at a site; they need to be being used against other players!

Yes, it is very successful, and they really should just let games play out across several fields at a time.

Happy to report no-one seemed to be taking it too seriously at DogTag on Sunday.

Archived