Airsoft Forums UK

Black Ops

Deva

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

So the new CoD is out.. I don't have it but I assume many will have got it.

What do you think?

From what I've heard so far, most would say MW2 is still better, I'm sure I'd probably agree with that as this one is by Treyarch rather than IW.

Take it for what it is.

A Treyarch game, and their usual standards.

40% gaming, 60% unskippable cutscenes. Cuts, which I might add, blind you with constant flashing lights and numbers. They serve one use - hiding the game - they're used so you don't actually see one transition from one level to another - they're basically there to fulfill the same use as a big puff of smoke a wizard uses to hide transitions from one part of his trick to the other. And they do it badly.

An awful plot. The orrigional draft, (I saw in July) was so much better. Longer, more exciting, spanning numerous Cold War eras. US & UK missions

The only reason I'd finish the campaign is if you want to play as JKF, Nixon, Castro and MacNamara in the Pentagon zombie map. And even then, there is a way to get it without enduring the story. Or, complete the campaign if you're one of those (odd) individuals who feels the need to get ever achievement/trophey in a game.

Voice acting is bad, hilariously bad at times. Apart from Pentagon Zombies, where the voicing is excellent.

Visuals change widely from worse than CoD 4 to only just better than MW2 ( when MW2 is on low graphics settings)

One or two parts - when you're holding a knife in 'Nam, looks great. The rest of it, not so much.

Zombies and Multiplayer is where this game excells. (Except there are one or two bugs with multiplayer)

The Enfield is a near perfect model of the XL64 (and before someone complains about the weird rear-iron sight it has in game, remember, the real steel XL64 and XL70E3 L85 prototypes only ever had SUSATs and a folding fore-sight) There are, as Dave pointed out, some huge flaws (lets not forget time-traveling AUG A2s, M203s on M14s...).

The ability to pick and choose what attatchments and camos you get is very useful - rather than the previous - use X, Y times to unlock Z.

So - is this game good? Not really. Especially for £45. Not even nearly worth the price tag. Which is why I got mine for £25, and picked up Halo reach at the same time.

Its an average game. Mulitplayer is ok, but once the bugs (mainly joining games) is fixed, it isn't great.

I'd give it 5/10

• 1 month later...

The campain is good and has a good length, multiplayer is realy repetetive and is no fun realy but zombies is were it realy shines.... but internet access is a must as its no fun by yourself...

...which is the great bit, because even post-patch, on a great net connection, BO aint working.

Matchmaking takes ages, and even if you do find a game theres no guarentee that you'll:

a)Leave the lobby in less than 15 minutes (done a time check, this was average)

or

b)stay in the game longer than 3 minutes before the game boots everyone (apart from 1 player, which is always entertaining, especially if you're said player) back to the lobby for another 3/4 of an hour wasted doing nothing.

Zombies is the best part of the game. But, it too suffers from crippling connection issues, and a lack of players. I went on to it on Saturday, noon - according to the lobby, there was only 20 players worldwide.

I've given up. It's still buggy, knifing is still ridiuclous, and they've now made sniping to easy.

I've moved on. I much prefer Halo Reach now - atleast I can mute and perma-ignore the legions of 11 year olds, and have some decision as to who I play with (quite, polite -team workers)

+1 on that!

How dare you...TWO! it may be quite crap but it is about the fun and joy of killing n00bs :)

only because of the extreme number of campers and "Elite sniperzz" and AK74u'ers and well you get it, it is just nice and easy to play with other bad player, with odd good players...but suprisingly, from videos, PS3 acctually doesnt have as many n00bs! thats a first!!! lol jks

• Supporters

The problem is though, It is a fine game if you don't have campers, snipers, AK74's and that other unbalanced stuff.

BUT

COD mulitplayer consists primarily of campers, snipers and AK74's

So you can't discount it as 'when it doesn't happen' because it only takes one '1337 sn1pz0rz' to ruin a match for you.

If you want to enjoy a mulitplayer, go on BFBC2, It is far less broken and unbalanced.

If you insist on playing COD, ALWAYS play AT LEAST 2 games older than the current one. (IE, you can play World at War..... not that you would)

plus, COD4 was BY FAR the best one, multi-wise.

ah the beauty of Bad Co. 2 :) i wish i had the MS points for the Vietnam add on :( looks like standard BFBC2 for me then :( well i have got everysingle gun except the M1 garand

• 2 weeks later...

I have blops on PS3, my name is Venonomicon on PSN.

The campaign is dull. Multiplayer is the main thang though.

Zombies is fun and dead ops and zork are both nice extras.

I traded MW1 and 2 ages ago but miss the co-op special ops mode of MW2. Unfortunately its silly expensive still so sod 'em.

I like it and am looking forwards to the new maps.

Nice to see the AUG and MAC11 in blops!

I liked the AUG HBAR in MW2 as well.

woot!

• 4 weeks later...

Do games such as COD MW and things on that nature promote and make people join air soft sites (making money and subscribers to web sites and actual skirmish sites) or do the games make idiots and armatures come into a game thinking they know what they're doing and just most cases don't they wanna be like the team on COD and MW.

never played COD or MW 2 online as i only have a dongle but is it still easy. i finished the hard version (100% completion) on my 360 in 6 hour on continuous play (falling to sleep half way through it).

• AF-UK Founding Member

Probably a mixture of both your suggestions to be honest. Some will want to play airsoft due to CoD but realise that the two are different and that airsoft isn't just an exact copy of CoD in real life.

I know a few kids who tried airsoft cause they wanted "real life cod" didn't last mind soon realised that not being able to "quickscope" etc in the real world is no fun and didn't go again. On a slightly different note I think that gamers make good airsoft players gives u a admittedly vague understanding of Tatics but a bit of a understanding all the same

• 3 years later...

BLops was the turning point for the CoD series from alright to shite......MW2 was my first FPS and will always be a favourite. CoD4 was also great especially on PC.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.