The Beretta M9 thread

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ah screw it.

If you can't beat them....

2014-02-02221234.jpg

Ooh didn't know anybody on here had a Nextorch WL10. I'm getting one soon :)

Also how's the gun itself, I thought Socom Gear weren't very good? Or was that just referring to their 1911, since it's a WE rebrand after all I wouldn't be surprised.

I used to have a springer M9 and really liked the feel so might get a GBB version like the WE M9A1 as my second pistol or something.

Pretty much decided I'm gonna get a WE Gen 4 Glock already.

• Supporters

Ooh didn't know you anybody on here had a Nextorch WL10. I'm definitely getting one.

Also how's the gun itself, I thought Socom Gear weren't very good? Or was that just referring to their 1911, since it's a WE rebrand after all I wouldn't be surprised.

I used to have a springer M9 and really liked the feel so might get a GBB version like the WE M9A1 as my second pistol or something.

The Nextorch is bloody ace (particularly for the money).

The gun is fine and dandy. The 1911 is a WE rebrand and suffers from the same problems that the WE does, but the M9A1 is ALSO a WE rebrand. However unlike the WE it has an adjustable hop and due to the size of the mag (and hence gas reservoir) doesn't suffer the same issues as the 1911 in terms of gas capacity. However, it's not all rosey. The outer barrel fits like a dick in a shirtsleeve and the slide catch is a bit floppier than I'd like. I'm tempted to start looking at upgrade parts but to be honest it's reliable and accurate enough for the ranges I'm using it at so.....

If you're looking at Glocks then an M9 probably isn't for you anyway. They're seriously hefty pieces of kit and definitely not for anyone with small hands (like Glocks are). I have hands like a bear so...

Ooh didn't know anybody on here had a Nextorch WL10. I'm getting one soon :)

Was your spring one like this http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/819_1_1219415.html ?

If you're looking at Glocks then an M9 probably isn't for you anyway. They're seriously hefty pieces of kit and definitely not for anyone with small hands (like Glocks are). I have hands like a bear so...

I have large size hands so a Glock probably isn't for me really. I had a sh*tty springer G26 thing too and I've held an ASG G17 (both Gen 3 models) and found them quite comfortable though. Gen 4 design on the other hand is worse for me but maybe it was the backstrap. A Glock seemed the best choice though, and Patrol Base don't stock any M9s AFAIK (I have £20 of vouchers left, maybe I could get extra mags and stuff there though idk) Very nice pistol btw mate :)

Was your spring one like this http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/819_1_1219415.html ?

No mate, it was a clear one from JBBG. It had GSG trades on it IIRC. It was actually pretty good :) until I took the mag release out and couldn't get it back in :|

I've got a HFC m9 Beretta gbb, its a secondary pistol to my glock 18c

It is a hefty pistol and more suited to big hands buty 13 year old son loves using it, just got to a couple of more mags for it

Sorry I'm asking another question...the AirsoftZone description of the WE M9A1 says it's easy to find a suitable holster...can anyone confirm if it is real steel size (so will fit in a real holster?)

Deciding between WE M9A1 and WE Gen 4 Glock now.

• Supporters

Sorry I'm asking another question...the AirsoftZone description of the WE M9A1 says it's easy to find a suitable holster...can anyone confirm if it is real steel size (so will fit in a real holster?)

Deciding between WE M9A1 and WE Gen 4 Glock now.

Sort of. If you don't want one with a rail there's loads of options (serpa, fobus, imi). With a rail, not so much. With a torch it's pretty much only safariland or clones (which is what I have).

If the choice is a gen4 glock or a we m9 I'd say glock. TM M9 or the socom gear one would be better.

I've got a HFC m9 Beretta gbb, its a secondary pistol to my glock 18c

It is a hefty pistol and more suited to big hands buty 13 year old son loves using it, just got to a couple of more mags for it

Where did you get it?

I got it from wonderland models.co.uk James

About £35 I think and I bought some green gas at the same time

I got it from wonderland models.co.uk James

About £35 I think and I bought some green gas at the same time

Don't buy from Wonderland. Really overpriced stuff in there (I've been in store a few times, and they are asking for £80 for a £45 LPEG. Bit pricey on that)

Don't buy from Wonderland. Really overpriced stuff in there (I've been in store a few times, and they are asking for £80 for a £45 LPEG. Bit pricey on that)

They can't be that bad as I buy a lot of my rc stuff from them which is more expensive elsewhere, I paid about £10 (p&p included) for a brand new 6v lead acid battery for a tug boat I was making

We all have different experiences of vendors and people will always say good or bad because of there experience with that vendor

They can't be that bad as I buy a lot of my rc stuff from them which is more expensive elsewhere, I paid about £10 (p&p included) for a brand new 6v lead acid battery for a tug boat I was making

We all have different experiences of vendors and people will always say good or bad because of there experience with that vendor

Are RC planes or helicopters better for beginners?

Are RC planes or helicopters better for beginners?

Planes would be better but if you want to have a go, attend a local flying site, talk to people there and see if you can have a go

If they say yes, you will be connected to the owner with 2 transmitters known as 'trainer mode' so he can take control if something goes wrong

I took some refresher lessons as I'd been out of it for 10 years and so much had changed

As someone said to me once 'flying a helicopter is like balancing 2 pencils tip to tip'

No worry's James

Starr like I did and get a small indoors heli or plane and work up

I do slow and fast boats and cars, slow to relax and fast for racing but I adore sitting by a lake with a sailboat and letting it go where the wind pushes it :)

I also make rc boats

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

does anyone know where i can get a spring that goes just above the trigger as mine has broken and how much would it cost?

For what gun? Make/model?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.